Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Xanax Withdrawal

Immortal Teknique

Ex-Bluelighter
Hey peeps,

Just a quick question regarding xanax withdrawal, something that is concerning me a little bit.

A bit of background, im not a heavy benzo user, ill use them when i can get them, dont really have a steady supply or anything. Last friday i got my hands on about 10 2mg xanax bars. I finished the last one saturday so i basically ate 10 in a 36 hour period (stupid i know, but ive had a rough couple of days with other shit).

Now my question comes down to this, can you form some sort of withdrawal in such a small time frame and with such a little amount consumed? Today i had to come home from tafe because i feel physically ill, my head is scrambled, i feel like im about to throw up constantly and i just feel really run down. No other drugs were consumed on the weekend, bar a few drinks.

Now i know 10 xanax is alot and i should expect some side effects, but ive binged on them before and have never got the physical symptoms like i have now. Ive had the "space cadet" type mental feeling, but never actually felt physically fucked like i do now.

Ive heard that benzo withdrawal can actually be fatal, when users cease use completely.. I know this wouldn't apply to me due to such a short duration of use, but is it possible to have some sort of physical ailment such as the one ive described?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

I think you will be fine. You might just be getting sick or something and are just linking it to the ammount of benzos you consumed. Ive done what you explained many times and not gotten any wd's. Even if you get wd's i highly doubt that you will even get a seizure, let alone die.

Thanks for the reply, but im not getting sick, it doesn't feel like your typical "bug".

Also i know i wont die, i just said that i know benzo withdrawal can be dangerous after long term use is ceased, so i was wondering if i was experiencing a not as serious withdrawal.

After i stopped taking benzos, i did'nt get bad wd's and i took them pretty often in high doses. I just got kinda grouchy and tired. I guess it could happen, im no expert on wd's so i'll leave you with that line we have all seen "everybody reacts differently to different things".

With benzo, much like G, and alcohol as well. When you've been addicted, suffered withdrawals, the rebound starts very soon, as little as a few binge days on benzos (or G etc.) and you're back where u were after a massive binge. I don't know why it happens and you probably had ten because when you go back to it after a break, you'll find the first dose works so well... but anything after isnt even keeping up with the original first dose, just kind of prolonging. Maybe your brain remembers it somehow, I cant work it out either.

Wow 10 2mg xanaxs in 36 hour along with beer too. I'v done that a few times. Did'nt rember jack shit. but I think the it could just be a benzo hangover (constantly feeling to trow up).

on another point. I use to take 1 mg of xanax every night for about a month. The first day I stop. I got no withdraws but extream inssonia. I did not sleep the whole night the first day. went to work came home and could not sleep a second night, then went to work came home. fell a sleep strait way from being so tired. after the first 4 day the amount of inssonia seem the decrease.

I feel the only side effect from benzo withdrawal is inssomia (extream insommia)

You'll be fine, 20mg of alprazolam isn't enough to cause you a serious withdrawal.

I don't really get rebound insomnia, more so rebound stimulation and hightened anxiety (i am prescribed benzos for my anxiety).

Xanax is by far the worst one i've used - i took 40x 1mg tablets over the space of a few days when in serious depression and tried to hang myself not so long ago. The quick acting effects of xanax basically don't last long enough with the rebound hitting me a few hours after i eat a tablet.

At the moment im on Valium, just because it has a longer half-life and longer duration of effect.

I would say it is possible. The OP is most liekly to know what he is feeling more then us anyway. Considering that 20mg of xanax is equal to a couple of hundred mg of diazepam. I've certainly experienced 'mild' withdrawl after short term use of xanax. Its the worst of the benzo's IMO in that regard.

Yeah it just seems to have really fucked with me mentally and physically. Ive never touched opiates, but it seems similar to what ive heard opiate withdrawal is like. My body feels like im on the tail end of a bad flu.

They are so addictive, despite how im feeling right now i would pop another one if i had them.

I think i want to get a valium prescription. Do they have the hangover effect of xanax? And are they longer lasting? I feel i need something that i can take that will last me all day, but not be so powerful as to knock me around and make me forget nearly 2 days of my life. Just a smooth mellow effect that will help with my anxiety.

Thanks all for your replies.

i dont get a hangover and they def last longer, i just chewed up two because i cant sleep on 7 beers :(

Is Valium the initial option when you go to a doctor for anxiety related issues? Can doctors even prescribe benzo's or do you need to see a psych (i've no idea about this kinda shit).

I dont want some weak benzo, but xanax mess me up too much. Valium sounds like a good alternative.

valium is prescribed moreso here in the uk than xanax i think (dont take my word for it though) you'd have to look it up. docs can prescribe benzos.

You surely are entitled to get some relief from your anxiety - however I would suggest that no benzo is really going to be a long term solution.

It's quite possible you experienced withdrawal effects from one weekend of Xanax - given the doses you were taking. If you want to you could contact Reconnexion - they have a lot of information and resources about benzos, benzo withdrawal, and alternative therapies for panic and anxiety.

Thanks for the reply. I don't want valium as a long term solution. In fact, i've held off for about 2 years from getting any help, i've tried to be "a man" and deal with it myself and hold it all in, but to no avail. I want something that i can use to build up a bit more confidence and to find my once outgoing self again.

If Valium can help me do this, then i think i should be heading to a doctor.

If you're having panic attacks, the life is going down the sahitter with work and you can't sleep, then Valium would be a good way to sort these issues out for a short term. Most docs wont give you a bottle straight up though. If you ask for it you definitely won't get it. You could say SSRI's dont work though, and never had and you want to get rid of this anxiety.

Long term benzo use wont actually help you, it's just going to be a fix when you pop the next pill from withdrawals like any addictive drug.

I dont suffer panic attacks, but lately im really withdrawn, even from mates who ive known for years, and i get really anxious that ive done something wrong or said something stupid etc. Once ive had a few drinks, im fine, in fact im a loud mouthed dickhead =D

I just need that little boost to be able to say fuck it and carry on with things like normal.

Valium would just depress you then. You probably need something like Lexapro or Cipramil. have u tried SSRIs?

Immortal Techniques, are you a weed smoker and if so what amounts/times etc.? I'ddefintely have to urge you try something non-medication befiore jumping on the pharm train, its harder then you would think to get off.

My weed smoking is up and down. Ill go for months without smoking, and then ill get right back into it. Lately ive been smoking 4-5 times a week, but barely any for the last week. I just want something that can take the edge off, so i can get my confidence back, and stop being such a anxious idiot whenever im out of the house.

Im not begging for a script to get fucked up, being on medication is the last option but i dont know what else to try.

And Splatt, no i haven't tried SSRI's, they are for depression no? Im certainly not depressed at all, most definitely not, i just get anxious and self concious at the most rediculous times, i dont know what else to do...