• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax withdrawal after a week?

Needless to say, I disagree with the two above posters... :p

It's an added stress for you to taper at this point. You feel better but there is still probably some residual effects that come and go. I'm still experiencing them every so often about 5 weeks after quitting and still won't touch a beer as alcohol come-downs seem to bring back the bad sensations. I imagine any negative feeling will be amplified until your stress response is back to 100%.

Yea, I need to start working at avoiding stress better. And definitely no more drinking. How are you handling stress at this point?

It's going really well for the most part... There are occasional flare ups (ears start ringing really loudly, bad headache, bowels start grumbling) but these are isolated to a few times a week. Last night was kind of unpleasant, and in general, the bad feelings are more prone to happen at night. I'm doing really well otherwise though... I feel like I'm firing on all cylinders 90% of the time and my quality of life is better than it has been in awhile!

I know this is a very old thread, but it shows up on the top search results on Google and i wanted to add my experience to this one so other people have this information.

I disagree with the other two posters in that you can definitely get xanax withdrawal from only 1 week's of use. The moment you notice the last dose didn't do the same as first dose, that's when your body is starting to form a dependence. especially if your taking 2mg or more a day. I had severe w/d on only 3 weeks of use. Took 3 weeks to get over it fully, and my heart rate is still not as low as it was before xanax. I was doing between 1.5 and 2mg before bed, and i thought i wasn't gonna get a dependence because i didn't take it in mornings, so by my calculations, my body was already operating off no xanax for half a day each day. NOPE! i was completely wrong.

I have a slow metabolism and that's what screwed me. The first 2 days of w/d were fine because i still had xanax in my system/GI, it's the 3, 4, and 5th days that were the worse. Beta Blockers do help take the edge off as well as weed, and 3mg Melatonin for Sleep. The Melatonin will help you tremendously at night time. Benzo's are definitely the worst drug to detox from in my experience.

Insane to imagine the OP got all the normal fun symptoms of long term benzo addiction's withdrawals after one week of use. It is no wonder that doctors with a sense of morality will be so incredibly stingy when prescribing this medication.
Xanax withdrawal is without a doubt the most fucked up detox in the world of detoxes. DO NOT get addicted to this medication.. I wouldn't with Xanax withdrawal on the worst of my enemies... although Hitler could have used Xanax withdrawal. Lock the fucker up.. give him 10mg of Xanax a day for one month, then cut it off for a month. Then give him 10mg a day for a month again, then cut if off for a month. Do this every month for the rest of what would have been his life. And oh yes, keep his balls tightly compressed in a vice... release the tension for an hour, then squeeze again for an hour, then release, then squeeze, release, squeeze and so on and so forth. Also, cut his kneecaps off, then surgically reattach them, then cut them off again after they heal, then reattach, cut off, reattach, and so on and so forth.

That's the pure bullshit that Xanax withdrawal is.... wouldn't wish it on anyone except Hitler. DO NOT GET ADDICTED, you will go through fucking hell.

Trump could use it too.

^There's no telling, and honestly, it's hard to quantify. As you've noticed, it comes and goes. It will happen less and less often over the next few weeks, at some point fading below a perceptible level. As I was saying earlier in the thread, there are definite triggers for when it will happen. Anything that causes stress, be it heat, tense situations, etc, will likely set off the bad feelings. On the positive side of things, you'll probably get pretty good at dealing with stress on your own from putting up with this. Since your body can't cope with the stress on its own very well, you'll have to deal with it with preventive actions and this is a bit of good to come from the situation IMO.

Awesome advice bless you

Insane to imagine the OP got all the normal fun symptoms of long term benzo addiction's withdrawals after one week of use. It is no wonder that doctors with a sense of morality will be so incredibly stingy when prescribing this medication.
Xanax withdrawal is without a doubt the most fucked up detox in the world of detoxes. DO NOT get addicted to this medication.. I wouldn't with Xanax withdrawal on the worst of my enemies... although Hitler could have used Xanax withdrawal. Lock the fucker up.. give him 10mg of Xanax a day for one month, then cut it off for a month. Then give him 10mg a day for a month again, then cut if off for a month. Do this every month for the rest of what would have been his life. And oh yes, keep his balls tightly compressed in a vice... release the tension for an hour, then squeeze again for an hour, then release, then squeeze, release, squeeze and so on and so forth. Also, cut his kneecaps off, then surgically reattach them, then cut them off again after they heal, then reattach, cut off, reattach, and so on and so forth.

That's the pure bullshit that Xanax withdrawal is.... wouldn't wish it on anyone except Hitler. DO NOT GET ADDICTED, you will go through fucking hell.

Trump could use it too.

Dang man! Lol

I know this is a very old thread, but it shows up on the top search results on Google and i wanted to add my experience to this one so other people have this information.

I disagree with the other two posters in that you can definitely get xanax withdrawal from only 1 week's of use. The moment you notice the last dose didn't do the same as first dose, that's when your body is starting to form a dependence. especially if your taking 2mg or more a day. I had severe w/d on only 3 weeks of use. Took 3 weeks to get over it fully, and my heart rate is still not as low as it was before xanax. I was doing between 1.5 and 2mg before bed, and i thought i wasn't gonna get a dependence because i didn't take it in mornings, so by my calculations, my body was already operating off no xanax for half a day each day. NOPE! i was completely wrong.

I have a slow metabolism and that's what screwed me. The first 2 days of w/d were fine because i still had xanax in my system/GI, it's the 3, 4, and 5th days that were the worse. Beta Blockers do help take the edge off as well as weed, and 3mg Melatonin for Sleep. The Melatonin will help you tremendously at night time. Benzo's are definitely the worst drug to detox from in my experience.

Did you cold turkey with out doctors. Everytime i google it's telling me to go to doctors.I did about the same as you for about 3 weeks, it's weird because we did like the same thing so do you have any advice you can share because I have 6 bars and am scared to death to take more than .5 because im scared of dependence. But I'm also afriad to stop all together because I did and it caused fucked up insomnia. I have school and work and I exercise. I CANNOT HAVE INSOMNIA. But i did for two nights ao now im taking my .5 of xanax at night like a lil bitch. Any advice? Do you think I should seek help or what?

I'd say you get a real bad hangover after a week of Xanax, like you'd expect from getting loaded for a week. Get above like 2mg, steady for a year, then CT, you will have a bad withdrawal. Higher dose than that, for months, then CT might cause dangerous withdrawal.

You can't get shit-faced drunk on something for a week then stop and not expect to feel bad for a couple days. Get drunk for a solid year, now we're talking withdrawal syndrome.

CT benzos might give you insomnia. Insomnia happens to a lot of people, but two Benadryl usually help. Don't use a Z-drug or you might as well stay on the benzos.