• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax vs tolerance?

BarsAndBlunts

Greenlighter
I pop Xanax bars on the weekend recreationally. I pop usually 1.5-2 bars (3-4 mg) a night to get smashed with a couple bowls of bud. So around 5-6 bars or 12 mg over the weekend. My question is if I keep doing this every weekend will it build any tolerance. I like benzos and all but I try to stay careful with them (why I only do em weekends) so I don't wanna build a tolerance for them then finding myself buying more and more poppin more and more. Alright tho thanks for any replies, appreciate it guys.

doubt it but same q lol
if i hd no sleep and theres birds makin noises

Yes you will have a tolerance, you already do if you're taking those doses, and it will keep rising.

Yes you will have a tolerance, you already do if you're taking those doses, and it will keep rising.
That's what I thought. But wouldn't the fact that I only take it on the weekends instead of daily make up for tolerance raise?

@OP. You might not have/develop a full blown physical dependence this way, but you will almost certainly raise your tolerance. You should really try to keep your binges lower and less often. Or atleast skip 1 week a month. Just remember, trying to keep to a use schedule is not always as easy as it sounds. many people try, few pull it off over long periods.

Fortunately, you're smart enough to give benzo use respect, 'cause as you know, a benzo habit (especially short duration benzos like Xanex) is a very difficult and dangerous habit to break.

That's what I thought. But wouldn't the fact that I only take it on the weekends instead of daily make up for tolerance raise?

No unfortunately not weekly use will raise tolerance. 5 days isn't a long enough break to make any difference in your tolerance.

@ticking dude you're high to post lol zero sense

No unfortunately not weekly use will raise tolerance. 5 days isn't a long enough break to make any difference in your tolerance.

I get a prescription for sixty 2mg clonazepam tablets per month. I always manage to take it all within 5-10 days, however. Nonetheless, my tolerance to benzodiazepines has gone through the roof. I have become so incredibly tolerant to the drug that I have to take around 15-20 tablets just to get satisfactorily high.

Three years ago, when I was first prescribed the medication, I was started off with thirty 0.5 mg tablets. I can recall how inebriated I would become after a mere 2mg back then.

But currently, my tolerance is so severe, I've had to resort to combining clonazepam with other classes of CNS depressants/sedatives/hypnotics or reply upon stronger drugs (to wit: better benzodiazepines like triazolam, midazolam, flunitrazepam, phenazepam, etc.; barbiturates, such as phenobarbital, secobarbital; quinazolinones, such as methaqualone (illegal, yes, but easy to synth), ethaqualone; copious amounts of ethanol; some types of anaesthetics and inhalants).

I never was able to take a benzodiazepine daily and for a substantive interval of time. Yet, I still have an incredible tolerance. So my experience cannot allow me to truthfully concur. I sincerely belive that even using benzodiazepines once every fortnight is sufficient enough to build up an intractable tolerance.

Take it from me, a soi-disant maven and inveterate abuser of downers.

Last edited:
P

Okay compare it to weed for example. Let's take a heavy daily smoking stoner, and a light casual weekend smoker. We give them both 1 gram of the same bud to smoke and I guarantee the casual smoker will be blazed compared to the mildly buzzed stoner.

So will my tolerance raise so much I'd need more and more? Or will my highs be lower? I'm just wondering if this 6 bars a weekend will stay good enough. I don't want it to raise up to needing 8 bars a weekend... Then 10... And so on. (bars are becoming more rare and expensive where I am)

I was just hoping the fact I only do it on the weekend would help my tolerance.

Thanks for all the replies tho. Would appreciate anymore too! Thanks.

P.S I'm super stoned of train wreck and 2 bars (4mg) of zannies.

Benzos are so addictive tolerance will build up after using weekly believe me I know

P

Okay compare it to weed for example. Let's take a heavy daily smoking stoner, and a light casual weekend smoker. We give them both 1 gram of the same bud to smoke and I guarantee the casual smoker will be blazed compared to the mildly buzzed stoner.

This example is logically parlous and critically flawed. You're presupposing that cannabis use builds up tolerance in its users in a way redolent of or comparable to benzodiazepines. The reality is that the mechanics, so to say, that underlay benzodiazepine and weed tolerance are utterly dissimilar and too incommensurable to compare. Why?

Well, cannabis tolerance accumulates at a much slower rate than with benzos. That is, graduating to, say, a dose double the one you started on (e.g., from 1g weed to 2g weed or 1mg alprazolam to 2mg alprazolam) requires a substantial amount of time for cannabis relative to benzos. It may take more than a month of daily cannabis cconsumption to cause one's tolerance to reach a level that necessitates a dose twice the starting amount. On the other hand, recreationl use of benzos on a regular basis for not longer than 10 days will have most likely doubled or tripled the user's beginning tolerance.

Tolerance to weed can be noticeably reduced with a brief (3< month) hiatus or just a decrease in the quantity one cconsumes per session (without requiring any length of complete abstinence from the drug). However, benzos not only produce tolerance with a greater rapidity than weed, but tolerance to benzodiazepines is astonisingly refractory. Once you develop tolerance to, say, clonazepam, even 6 months of uninterrupted temperance or refrain will prove itself an abortive waste of effort, because as soon as one resumes their use they will discover their tolerance will have spontaneously picked up where they left off.

The combination of rapid habituation and seemingly perdurable tolerance result in benzodiazepines being a veritable cunt in comparison to the facile cannabis habit, in terms of toleration.

Confining one's drug use to weekends may be casual for a pothead, but that would not be casual if the drug used was a downer.

So will my tolerance raise so much I'd need more and more? Or will my highs be lower? I'm just wondering if this 6 bars a weekend will stay good enough. I don't want it to raise up to needing 8 bars a weekend... Then 10... And so on. (bars are becoming more rare and expensive where I am

I'm an inept prognosticator, and it wouldn't be reasonable or appropriate to say what will or will not result from your "casual" Xanax use. But it happened and is happening to me, ccertainy. Around ¼ to ⅓ of the month, I am preoccupied exhausting my monthly ration of k-pins, zolpidem, temazepam, and triazolam. The other ⅔ to ¾ of the month I'm forlorn and impatiently awaiting next month's prescriptions. My tolerance has surpassed by an impressive margin what I'd previously thought humanly possible . And it all is due to the brief 1 to 1½ weeks per month I am able to use the drugs.