• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax relapse after short abstinence. Am I fucked??

insidious

Bluelighter
Ok so I was using 8-10mg of xanax for a week, then I tapered down to 2mg so I could stop taking them for a few more days. In total I had been using them for around 11 days. After I stopped taking them I noticed that I was feeling very weak and foggy along with the other usual withdrawal symptoms.

I made it four days when I found 1.5 bars in my car, which my addict brain told me to take, even though I knew I was almost through the withdrawal symptoms I was feeling. Normally finding drugs would be like an early Christmas but not after going through the bullshit I did.

I guess my question is, do I have to start the process all over of going through these symptoms? Or am I good to continue my abstinence where I left off and feel better in a few more days. I would hate to have to start over after such a dumb mistake. I know I wasn't using that long but I do have a past with xanax and other benzos so I suppose I become dependant much quicker than your normal user.

Yes, you will start over however the w/d *shouldnt* be as brutal this time. If you ever go back, you need to taper down more slowly and further down (xanax comes in 0.25mg pills) before you jump off.

Ok, thanks. Drug dealers aren't exactly pharmacists so tapering that low would be hard with bars (which is all I can get) so .5mg. I am going to see my doctor tomorrow who helped me get off suboxone maintenance 5 weeks ago just to see what he has in mind. This just sucks I spent four days at work feeling like total shit and now I have to start over. Not to mention I had to go to work while dealing with suboxone withdrawal last month.

I guess I enjoy fucking myself over...

Yes, you will start over however the w/d *shouldnt* be as brutal this time. If you ever go back, you need to taper down more slowly and further down (xanax comes in 0.25mg pills) before you jump off.

Is this from personal experience?