• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeavelli

Greenlighter
Hello Everybody,

I want to know (Ballpark) something about Xanax. About once A month when I get my Xanax 1 mg. tabs, I will take two of them crush them very finely in to A dust & snort it in one line. I was wondering about how much is caught in my Nose & wasted? I make sure my Nostril is clear and after snorted I snort like A Tablespoon of water down that nostril to try and get as much as possible. I know it's not A complete waste, because I feel it for sure. Anyone have an Idea how much gets stuck/wasted. Thank You for any Replies, stay safe out there! -Mikeavelli

The part that is not absorbed through your nose goes into your stomach and is absorbed there.

^ This.
You're not absorbing anything in your nose, but you eventually swallow it, so I'd say you're losing close to half of it, rough guess.. BUT they do taste sweet AF, and it's not a complete waste, but xanax has a great oral ba, so doing half oral and half nasally is more effecient.

- Hopeless 7nos

That's not true. He will absorb a certain amount in his nose - albeit it a very small amount. This is responsible for the effects some users report when they use benzodiazepines intranasally.

Why the hell do people snort pills when you get much more out of it just swallowing it? Because snorting is the "cool" thing to do? Idiots...smh

That's not true. He will absorb a certain amount in his nose - albeit it a very small amount. This is responsible for the effects some users report when they use benzodiazepines intranasally.
Sure he'll get a minuscule amount, but he's still taking a loss when compared to oral. But like we stated before, the effects felt via intrasal, are more due to swallowing the drip, opposed to membrane aborbtion.

- Hopeless 7nos

I think sometimes people just automatically assume that snorting something must somehow make it stronger but as has already been stated in this case it makes it weaker since the oral BA is higher. This is one instance when you're better off with as big a drip as possible in order to minimise loss....

The OP should consider sublingually if he absolutely must take them in a way other than orally or if he wants a slightly quicker onset.

I think sometimes people just automatically assume that snorting something must somehow make it stronger but as has already been stated in this case it makes it weaker since the oral BA is higher. This is one instance when you're better off with as big a drip as possible in order to minimise loss....

The OP should consider sublingually if he absolutely must take them in a way other than orally or if he wants a slightly quicker onset.

This
But imo there are enough threads about this topic, so I'm closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.