• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax first time advice

SmellyOldWasp

Greenlighter
I have never tried a benzo of any kind.

I have 2mg Xanax and I plan to try 1mg.

Should I let it sit under my tongue until it dissolves? Or should I just down it with water?

How strong do you expect 1mg to be for a lightweight with no tolerance? Do you think I'll be able to function, speak coherently, etc?

Thanks bluelight folk!

Yep, 1mg under the tongue.

It's very bitter.

You will definitely feel it. Unless you weigh as much as a feather, you'll be fairly coherent - its like having a couple drinks.

Two mg, however, and you'll be sloppy. Start with 1mg and see how you do!

Peace

xanax is not sublingual. Just down it with water, don't eat anything for atleast a few hours before.

I would take it the good old-fashioned way, and just down it with water, however it can be used sublingually; the truth is, though, it hits hard and fast either way - never felt much difference, and sublingual administration always felt like a chore. You could start with 1 mg, however you have never even touched a benzodiazepine, so 1 mg is a larger dose than you might think. On the other hand, 0.5 mg might seem underwhelming. But, what you ought to understand is that what they do best is relieve anxiety and tension, and that is the appeal in taking them. Anyhow, you will feel 1 mg, and you might not realize how much it is effecting you at the time, so don't take the other 1 mg, because that is just a recipe for disaster due to very skewed judgment and possible amnesia. I would just get comfortable, as you would normally relax and stay in for the night, and take your 1 mg, then. You might fall asleep quite soon after the dose, and regardless of if that happens, you probably won't remember the finer details of what you did while under the influence unless reminded. So, relax and enjoy, but remember that your judgment, even at 1 mg, will be much more impaired than you will think or feel. Hope this helps, and get ready to down out.

xanax never got me high just relieved anxiety, but it is highly addictive. if you are going to try it best bioavailabilty is to take it orally.

Also, I would not advise you to drink alcoholic beverages.

Also, I would not advise you to drink alcoholic beverages.

Agreed, absolutely! Do not drink; even one drink could cause major changes in the effects you are subject to, and not necessarily in a good way; your judgment could rapidly dissolve to a crazy extent. And, if you have never touched a benzodiazepine, it is even more important not to drink at all. Really, it is very, very unwise. A blackout would almost definitely result.

Personally with me .5 mg is sufficient for me to feel a nice buzz with even 1mg i feel way to far out of it to function. Every body is different and i guess im lucky .5 does me in just right. Anyhow just be carefull it is way to easy to black out and wake up with friends telling you what you did and your girlfriend moving out Aswell as videos your buddy took to show the stupid stuff you did the night before.
like the above statement DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL! very bad combo. Just eat it.

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here...

Please be careful when taking Alprazolam. It is the kind of drug that can sneak up on you without a hint or clue. Next thing you know an entire night went by and you have no memory or idea what happened. In small doses (.25 or .5 mg) it's the wonder drug at calming nerves and helping with anxiety. But in higher doses, depending on lots of factors (i.e. your tolerance, alcohol consumption, use of other drugs, etc...), it can really cause serious problems.

^+1

Almost no other benzo has the same capacity for "therapeutic" to "blackout" in such a small dose window.

^+2

There's a fine line between Xanax reducing anxiety and reducing consciousness.

For a first timer, I'd honestly give 0.5mg a go. If you like it, you've then got 3 more 0.5mg's to experience.

You can always take 0.5mg and re-dose an hour later if you don't feel it enough.

But if you take 1mg and you find it's effects are unpleasant and too much, there's no going back.

id swallow it, xanax is like the hard hitting one of the group it comes on strong and fast while valium on the otherhand comes on slow and gradual hence why xanax i find better for panic attacks and valium better for treating all day anxiety

I am 200 lbs, or 91 kg, and 1 mg of alprazolam (xanax) made me fall asleep when I first tried it being a benzo virgin. I agree with Rybee, when I tried alprazolam a second time, I took .5 mg and I DEFINITELY felt all the effects (loss of anxiety, muscle relaxation, sedation, and short term memory loss). Also, sublingual kicks in faster (less than 10 minutes) and stronger, (probably by 30% or so) so I would recommend just taking orally until your familiar with the effects of the drug.

Thanks for the reply, guys!

I broke the 2mg tablet in half and took 1mg

I definitely felt the effects and I didn't fall asleep.

It was similar to having a couple drinks but when I drink I feel more connected to other people and more talkative/friendly. Not on Xanax, it made me feel like a total zombie.

I found absolutely no enjoyment or euphoria in the high. I don't understand how people get addicted to this stuff because the buzz wasn't even fun. I guess it's a different story if you have anxiety.

I also woke up with a pretty shitty hangover and flushed the rest of my 1mg Xanax down the toilet.