• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Xanax cold turkey and on meth, seizures?

M

MaybePlease

Thank you blue light for years of help without any input.. Now I need some pretty specific experience advice (hopefully, and very thankfully).

My dilemma is that I am about 5 hours into cold turkey Xanax withdrawal (Alprazalam 1mg 3 times per day, every single day for 5 years) and I also took about .5 of ice(...meth) to the nose about 7 hours ago. Went through a G in past 4 days too but have rested/recovered a good bit.

I have never truly felt Xanax withdrawal at full capacity, the longest I have gone before is probably 12 hours, and it was damn scary.
I know I am at risk for seizures and other serious withdrawal symptoms; but

*specifically does anyone know if the meth is going to increase this risk? *
I have no potential for obtaining emergency xans in the next 48 hours at least.. I'm already bonked up mentally, I feel like I'm tripping or something. I have searched around frantically online since my xans were stolen earlier but haven't found anything except the opposite of my situation = good and so far I may need help.

Thank anyone for the time to help with this, truly; I hope there is hope but oh please anyone know if this increases risk of seizure/worst case ? .. Thank you so much

Hey and welcome to BL,

please go to the ER or your doctor and get a long acting Benzo like Valium to taper your Xanax addiction of. Going cold turkey after such a long time could result in fatal seizures!
This is no joke, please seek medical help immediately. Explain your situation and you will be given Dizaepam (most likely) to taper off your addiction slowly.
Obviously the Meth isnt going to help but you really need to do this now or you could have serious health complications!

Cold turkey Benzo WD can be fatal! Good luck!

Specifically yes, meth is going to decrease your seizure threshold. It's a fairly reckless thing to do while in cold turkey Xanax withdrawal (dangerous enough by itself) and I imagine downright unpleasant. Seek medical attention as soon as possible as abrupt benzodiazepine cessation constitutes a medical emergency.

Yes, go to the ER asap and tell them that you're withdrawing from benzos!!!

And keep us updated

Being high on what is considered a pretty high dose of ice (if the ice is good quality) during what i would call a pretty long term benzo addiction withdrawl is NOTgood. However i am not sure if ice will increase the risk of seizures during your withdrawl or not.

With me, however, ice usually helps me get through withdrawl easier, but i never did it during benzo withdrawl.

You should deffinately listen to everyone else and go to the ER and tell them you are withdrawing from a long term benzo addiction and that you ran out of your prescription due to them being stolen and they usually give you an emergency 5 day supply. Atleast i know they at the hospitals around here, could be different where you are but i would deffinately try it because they will atleast give you something to help.

Good luck and after all of this is over i would be hunting down the thief who put you in this shitfuck of a situation. Benzo withdrawl is somethjng i wish upon nobody except the thieves who steal pills and put people in the situation you are in.

A little sidenote*
It sucks even more when you accidently lose your script somehow and then shortly after your script ends up completely or partly stolen, just enough that you cant stretch it enough and will end up short a few days and the fucking doctors do not believe you and just think you are abusing or drug seeking and fucking start cutting you off. Or in the case of opiates, actually do just cut you right off without tapering you at all. The damn goverment has these dr's and psychiatrists (a word i can not spell to save my life :p ) and pharmacists so shit scared of losing their jobs and their license and also possibly being prosecuted for prescribing someone a drug that the person ends up abusing and dies from or that the person sells and someone elses dies from it or any of the other scenarios that is out of their control. Sure some people might end up selling or abusing their drugs and it may result in somebody dieing, however, you cant always judge a book by its cover and know who will and who wont. These peoole will end up finding a way whether prescribed or not. This just screws over the people who legitimately need a specific drug and not sell or abuse it. Shit, one reason people end up abusing their drugs is due to the insane price of some prescriptions and also their tolerance will go up but the dr wont prescribe a higher dose because they are scared of losing their job once again, which all leads to people abusing their drugs to be able to stretch them out and make them last longer and also provide better or the necessary relief or whatever it is that drug does for you. Fuck the goverment.