• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax Blackouts

StayChiefy420

Greenlighter
Hey is there anyway to prevent blackouts on Xanax? As much as I love em I sometimes wanna remember. I take 4mg at a time maybe I should be taking less?

Thanks

Peace

Maybe spread out the dose in two 2mg doses taken a few hours apart?

Aside from that, I'd look into Ativan if I was you. It's fast acting like Xanax but it never gave me the blackouts or intense drowsiness that Xanax gave me. I also had clearer thoughts. Just my .02 cents.

And, as always, spread out your benzo use as infrequently as possible unless you wanna deal with withdrawal like me.

Tolerance will build up rapidly, so use the lowest dose and use as sparingly as possible (you want them to work when you need them to) and if you use alprazolam for what it is actually manufactured for, then blackouts should be the fartherst thing on your mind.

Taking them recreationally is a different story and will ultimately make this medication useless even decades later. (Tolerance to short acting benzodiazepines, IME, is reached in a very short period of time and is lifelong and I wish I knew this 15 years ago, it's like the "benzo fuze" in my brain was blown in my wandering years and to this day in the year 2015 I think 80% of effectiveness of benzodiazepines for me is lost forever.

Accepting that fact took many years, so I'm just sharing this so that you can get 100% effeciancy every dose you take.

Be safe.

SL

If you are using them correctly and start having blackouts then you need to seek professional assistance sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Umm, I hope it isn't too late, the "horses have bolted" already.
If you seriously want to stop using them recreationally and use them correctly please just tell your doctor exactly what you typed above, so that he/she can help you to obtain this goal.
You can't do it on your own, so being honest with your prescriber is in your best interest.

You might need to be put on a longer acting benzo ASAP, and it all depends on how long you've been taking 4mg a day, don't expect miracles and don't try to rush the process.

Using any medication recreationally before actually needing them will render them almost useless in these occassions.

So good luck and don't expect "instant" gratification in achieving this goal, that would just be a place you don't want to be in and it just makes things worse than what they are now.

SL

Don't keep redosing with xanax.
One day I started with 2mg, after one hour I thought I was sober when instead I was pretty high, ended up taking more pills until I had taken 5mg and I blacked out for 2 hours. The problem with xanax and benzos is that they give you the illusion that you are sober when instead its exactly the opposite.

Last edited:
xanax is the one benzo that always causes me to blackout.. and hear stories of my bizarre / unacceptable behavior from others the next day, of which i have NO memory. anything over 2mg does this to me. i can take other benzos with no problem.. like i can take 10mg of etizolam at once and just feel relaxed.. just xanax is the heaviest benzo i think... limit it to 2mg

you are just playing with fire at those doses especially if you have no tolerance which it seems like you dont if you are blacking out
xanax isnt much of a rec drug no matter if you take .25mg or 10 mg if you are looking for a high from xanax you'll never find it

are you taking them for actual anxiety or just to feel "good". because I dont care what these people say 2MG is MORE THAN ENOUGH; if you are taking them just to get a "good feel" then all you need is .5 to 1MG MAX! yes, you can take multiple over the course of the day but I would max at 1MG/each time.

taking 4MG at once is an automatic black out. sure, you may not do anything stupid and you'll be able to function, but you wont remember a damn thing that happens during that time. you wont do a single thing wrong but you also wont remember a single thing that happens regardless of how serious it is.

I've been on benzos many, many times, addiction and everything, and the MOST YOU NEED IS 1MG MAX!

dont take as much xanax and dont drink while on xanax and you wont blackout...

Questions like these are always silly to me... "uhhh... hi guys I am taking twice the maximum RXd theraputic dosage of xanax and I am having blackout. What gives?"

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to smack a hoe?

Questions like these are always silly to me... "uhhh... hi guys I am taking twice the maximum RXd theraputic dosage of xanax and I am having blackout. What gives?"

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to smack a hoe?

my sentiments exactly haha

@Mad Dash........right brother! Anyone can google and find reliable dosage information! and unless you want to die you should be checking dosage and interactions for all drugs, prescription over the counter or illegal. Just saying.

One time back in the day my wife got into my stash of xanax and she had never fucked with it before, but had been more or less a pretty experienced user of drugs. She was so fucked up and sleeping for 2 days. My friend was here from Colorado and I wasnt around a lot. Finally on sunday when one of her friends hit me up " Hey Jason, where's Amber. At that point I knew something was up so I went home put two and two together. She said she didn't even remember the last day and a half.......checked my bottle and like ten were gone. Needless to say that was a long time and that taught me a very serious lesson. Those signs in the pharmacy that you laugh at "whos taking your medicine....." its better to lock and key and assume everyone like to party or is an addict. I think back at how stupid that was and what if she drove? Serious stuff.

Not to mention the biggest one they make is the "xanax bar" and its only 2mg. I can count the times on one hand Ive at 2mg and thats saying a lot because I got a lot of health issues that require benzos. How are you this uneducated about the narcotic your taking......Maybe Im just getting old and these kids are crazy as fuck but where I come from my friends would immedialy bitch slap me for doing something so stupid and dump out my pills. My .02 cents anyways

Funny thing with xanax,I have seen so many people keep taking them although they could barely stand up,then blame someone for stealing their meds.Benzo's,especially xanax just aren't for everyone,I have seen them work great for some people and there are others that get mean,want to fight,and the next day don't have a clue what they did the night before.