• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Xanax bars printed with Xanax on them

tHE PIll mAn

Greenlighter
me and my buddies get prescribed Xanax 2mg bars let me tell you they worK for the people that don't know but lately we've all I say "we've" when I mean 3 of us have almost identical
Scripts. The problem is the g249s or butter bars or the green hulks are stronger I take 1-2 as needed throughs the day for anxiety and sleeping (restless leg syndrome) but now I take these and they looked legit I know my pharmacist well and he said they were generics but could pressed any pill can be I guess from what he said any answers? I am running out of script and iPhone battery taking too many bars just to sleep

What are you even asking in this post?? Sounds like you might be a little to barred out already.

Moved - not sure if this is a discussion about differences between generics ?

That's what I was getting, that the OP was prescribed brand name Xanax originally then got moved to a generic which aren't as effective?? Or vice versa?

OP I can't tell if... well, first of all I can't tell if that's what even happened. But if it did, I can't tell if you got these generics from the pharmacy or the street? That would make a pretty big difference in the answer, potentially...

If I'm understanding the question correctly, the short answer is that any equivalent generic will work the same way and have the same active ingredients as the brand name drug, at least when obtained from a legitimate pharmacy. Some people do have trouble with certain generics for whatever reason; the binders and fillers can be different at the very least. I have a preference for bran-name Xanax IR because they dissolve best under the tongue for panic attacks. If you have a strong preference for one over the other, just ask your pharmacist in advance if they can be ordered. If you prefer the brand name you may have to ask your doctor to specifically write a script to be "dispensed as written." Just be aware that requesting the brand name can cause a lot of insurance BS when generics are available.

If it turns out you actually prefer the generic, this is much simpler.

Let me know if I didn't read the situation right.

Last edited: