• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax bar. Is it fake?

Thrombosis

Greenlighter
A friend gave me a Xanax bar his old roommate left behind since he doesn't take them. It looks real, it's the classic white bar with XANAX on one side and the 2 on the other. I haven't taken any Xanax for around 4 months so I thought, well, my tolerance is probably pretty low, let's just take 1/4 and see how I feel. I broke a piece off and chewed it up, however, not only was it a little harder to bite through than usual, it had almost none of the horrible bitter taste Xanax usually has. In fact it tastes like almost nothing. Now, like I said, I have a lot of experience with Xanax, but usually footballs, not bars, so maybe it's just different for some reason because it's in bar form. Or is it fake? Or just old? If it's just old but has none of that bitter taste will it have any efficacy at all? Should I just eat the whole bar so maybe I can get something out of it? Or should I wait a while and see what happens? It's only been about 10 minutes.

EDIT: I took another quarter of the bar and now it's been about 10 minutes from that. I am definitely getting a strong ass benzo feeling, stronger than I would have expected from 1mg of alprazolam. That seems odd as hell to me, especially since there was none of the bitter taste you expect with Xanax. At the same time, if it was fake, that would probably mean it was fentanyl, right? And I have more experience with opioids than anything else, and this feels nothing like an opioid high. Besides, if it was fake, it's the best fucking fake I've ever seen. What the hell's going on here?

Last edited:
I know exactly which bars you are talking about as they have flooded the market here in the Las Vegas area. I thought the same thing as you do, they are not alprazolam but a even stronger benzo.

I know of quite a few presses that contain Flualprazolam, which has no bitter taste.

If you bought it street it is very likely fake (or of you randomly find it.)

That doesn't mean it's not alprazolam, although the number of alprazolam presses seems to rapidly dropping.

If it doesn't taste like a Xanax I would say it's definitely not, although the opposite isn't necessarily true (ie taste like alprazolam = alprazolam.)

No one on this forum can identify the contents of a pill (or any drug) based solely off visual description or subjective effects. It's actually rule #2 under "Disallowed subjects" in the Other Drugs Forum Guidelines:

"2) NO PILL OR SUBSTANCE ID THREADS
If you have a pill or powder and do not know what it is, do not start a thread asking these questions. There are many ways you can find out about the substance. You can call poison control. You can call a local pharmacy. You can check Drugs.com, Rxlist.com, and even Google.com. If you have an unknown substance, beyond having laboratory testing done there is no way for us to know what you have. "What did I take" threads listing subjective effects are equally useless because they will only lead to endless speculation. This also applies for commercial products containing unknown research chemicals. If manufacturers don't state all ingredients then we can't help you."

The only way you can tell what you have with any certainty is to use reagent test kits (readily available through clearnet sources and a simple Google search) or send a sample to a publicly available service to be tested, usually for a fee (drugsdata.org and energycontrol-international.org are two examples).

Amen. If it's not a genuine pharma pill, you can try reading tea leaves, asking a psychic medium, a gypsy fortune teller or using an ouja board to divine the contents contained therein. Short of a lab, nobody knows, and anyone that claims they do shouldn't be trusted.

We shouldn’t allow such vague drug identifications as threads. This would only make sense if others here could recognize the drug. The only way to tell if you have alprazolam is to send it off to for a GC/MS test. That could be pricey if you only buy a small amount. You would need to want to make a big purchase to qualify an expensive GC/MS test.

To my knowledge, there aren’t any reagent test kits that can detect certain benzodiazepines like alprazolam or clonazepam and the many other RC benzos. All they can do is detect if it is a benzodiazepine (please correct me if I’m wrong). Some of these RC benzos can be so strong, that you forget weeks and could harm yourself or others. No bueno amigo.

—Wizard🧙‍♂️

I mean, it's very literally against the forum rules. Maybe one of us should have hit the "report" button instead of "post reply". As a relatively new member of BL, I admit to having a case of "not wanting to be that guy."

With the state of xanax being what it is, I'd consider every form of it fake unless I picked it up from the pharmacy myself. This seems like a no-brainer. Not saying there isn't genuine xanax out there, there probably is, I'd still treat it as possibly fake, containing unknown ingredients.

Xanax bars and Oxycodone pills (especially those blue M 30's) are some of the most commonly counterfeit pharmaceuticals on the streets right now, so from a harm-reduction perspective, you should assume that they're not legitimate pharmaceuticals.

Rule of thumb with Xanax bars is that unless you brought it home from the pharmacy yourself, you should assume it's fake. If you're lucky then it's pressed with something not completely terrible like flualprazolam or etizolam, but that's not really a gamble you should take when there's a real possibility it could have fent in it. Like what rave said, fake bars are extremely common right now, far more common than real.

Also, the taste test isn't foolproof. I have taken Rx bars and for whatever reason they didn't taste nearly as bitter as my usual Rx footballs. I wouldn't put it past a pill presser to put in some bitterant to make their fake bars taste like what people expect them to taste like.

Long story short, even if it tastes bitter, even if the bar looks immaculate, even if it feels like a benzo.. chances are it's not alprazolam you're taking.

Flualprazolam was the benzo. I took .5 mg to help sleep everynight for 5 weeks. Some nights I would binge and take 1.5 mg (6 nights total). I quit cold turkey which resulted in withdrawals.

Most noticable was a fever with sensitivity to light and sound. Less noticable was increases heart rate and trouble sleeping.

A fever reducer was needed in order for me to function.

Tidbit: benzos can be deadly to quit cold turkey if you take them regularly. I personally did not know about this. Please seek medical attenton if you or someone you love is taking them and wants to stop safely.

I'm totally done with Xanax bars because I haven't come across a genuine one in years...the last few I took after a Ketamine binge resulted in me almost getting the police called on me because I was so disoriented in the back of a taxi and god knows what the hell I was saying.

Woah that is a crazy experience Wiz. I'm glad you (and I) are safely off them now. I never left the house on them thankfully. I am also glad we can talk about these Benzos and their effect on us.

Personally I did not want to go to through the medical assisted route, this is because I am afraid of any mention of drug use on my record; I am planning on joining the Navy when I graduate college and drug use on my record would prevent that.

As for a picture, the flualprazolam is a white powder, unidentifiable by eye from any other crystalline substance. Sadly even test kits will not tell the difference in Benzos, only if it is a Benzo (and not Fentanyl). I will attach a photo of a crystalline substance.

Fakes, how is it done? People will take this RC(s) and mix it with corn starch, baking soda, and sometimes food coloring; then press it into the desired shape with a pill press, easily gotten from web markets. The true danger here is quality control, because if the maker of the pills gets lazy and decides to use a blender to mix 100-500 pills at a time rather than measuring out 2mg every bar, it is easy to see how suddenly a dose of 2mg could contain more or less of the wanted chemical. I have purchased Xanax bars that where fake and sold to me as fake, I noticed right away that some pills looked messed up. None the less, I concluded that the messed up looking pills contained WAY more of the benzo then the firmly pressed ones, they probably were towards the end of the makers batch, so he scrapped the powder on the bottom together to make a solid pill. Why the powder at the bottom contained more Benzo then the powder at the top is easily understood when compared to a centrifuge, also when noting that any Benzo weighs a lot more than the other two components (Baking soda and corn starch).

fentanyl-powder-1849311.jpeg

- Every pure chemical compound I have worked with has had the same look, with the acceptation of a poorly done recrystallization which resulted in a fluffy powder rather than nice crystals.