• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax and what to do when you have no more

Gulspor

Greenlighter
I’m sure you know the feeling of having taken something multiple times a day bc you have so much of it that you don’t re-up in time and run out. Well, on the verge of a family event, I have nearly depleted my stash of Xanax. Usually taking 1mg every time I’d go for a hit off of the pipe to balance me out. Could range from 3-8 mg a day. Not to mention drinking alcohol on top of it. Any tips on how to make this last mg last and/or alternatives? I want to stop completely but that isn’t very safe considering how much I’ve been taking. Also don’t want to worry my family that I only see so often by acting anxious.

How long have you been taking 3-8mg per day? As I said on your other thread, one doesn't just stop taking benzos, it's very dangerous. Even if you don't have a seizure, benzo WD actually causes brain damage (via excitotoxicity). You really shouldn't quit cold turkey if you're dependent as 3-8mg is a fairly high dose.
Can't you get some more in the meantime?

Ain't this the biggest problem with drugs. They run out :(

I agree with the above user. If you're down to use benzos on the regular--within time you'll literally have to check yourself into an emergency room should you run out. I don't want to downplay the severity of benzo withdrawal just to be safe. It might help to have some emergency options or a rainy day stash just in case.

Gabapentin helps a bit with the general anxiety symptoms of benzo withdrawal but it's not enough to manage such a beast alone. I can't imagine 8 milligrams of alprazolam being for solely anxiety at that point lol. Is there a way to taper down a bit so you can manage the addiction more easily? The withdrawal can kill someone :( Addicts love to think that when push comes to shove they can just "walk away" and never look back. I could not think of a better lie to tell oneself. The story never plays out like that teehee.

If you are dependent Id say go to the doctor and ask for a diazepam or clonazepam taper. If you cant do that I personally find etizolam (easily purchased if you look for it online) to be a perfectly acceptable xanax substitute, the dose just has to be doubled. as in 4 mg of etizolam = 2 mg of xanax. the upside is etizolam is typically cheap. I can get 1000 milligrams of it(again equal to about 500 mg of xanax.....so 500 of the 1 mg alprazolam tabs or 250 of the legit pharm grade xanax bars) for the same price it would cost me to get 100 mg's of alprazolam from the street....

Gabapentin and Lyrica and even baclofen will help big time, as will phenibut and 4 F phenibut (both can be bought online legally dirt cheap).......Zopiclone and other Z drugs can also afford some relief......this is all assuming you are trying to just minimize discomfort until you get more. if you are trying to get off, see a doctor for sure

I definitely need to see a doctor then. Bc I’m not doing so well on my own. My mom has given me some clonazepam bc she knows the discomfort I’m going through. Not much, so I will have some WD symptoms but I’m hoping it’ll be enough to get me through a few days. Hopefully ween me off. I of course contacted my connect but he’s re-upping too so I’m not quite sure how the next few days will go.

How long have you been taking 3-8mg per day? As I said on your other thread, one doesn't just stop taking benzos, it's very dangerous. Even if you don't have a seizure, benzo WD actually causes brain damage (via excitotoxicity). You really shouldn't quit cold turkey if you're dependent as 3-8mg is a fairly high dose.
Can't you get some more in the meantime?

2-3 weeks, I’ve been taking them. I’m taking more of course bc of the meth use as well. But at this point I’m more worried about the bento WD than the meth one

2-3 weeks isnt so bad. thats about how long a doctor would prescribe them for. if it were 2-3 months id be much more concerned. honestly, Id just see how it goes, try using the lowest dosage of clonazepam you can get away with. its about equi potent to xanax when it comes to killing benzo withdrawal in my experience. 1 mg of clonazepam should give just as much relief as 1 mg of xanax, and for a longer period of time too. a single 4 mg dose of clonazepam would personally keep me out of real withdrawal for at least 36 hours Id be willing to bet