• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax and time-to-effect

drinking with xanax is the best way to go imo, you might not remember anything if you take or drink too much, but alprazolam is wayyyy more recreational combined with alcohol.

Sorry for getting off track, sublingual is the way to go (despite the taste), xanax is one of the fastest acting benzos and has one of the shortest half lives because of that, so it is weird that it would take 2 hours to just kick in. Did you eat a big meal right before taking it? That could seriously slow the absorption and explain your experience.

Yeah I'm aware that alcohol not only makes you feel it faster but also like 5X stronger. No thanks. Been there in the past, too many blackouts.

I always find xanax is effecting me around 30 mins after an oral dose, maybe closer to 45 is I don't have a (relatively) empty stomach.

If you can handle the taste, crush it up and dissolve it under your tongue. Taking benzos sublingually kicks ass. Xanax tastes quite nasty to most though.

agree xanax tastes like a rubber tire. also try taking it on an empty stomach. that usually hits me real quick and i am heavy eyed.

Depending on the strength and how often you take it you can build up a tolerance. That happened with me. I had to cut it down for a bit so I could feel it when I actually need to use it.

NOW. drink a couple beers and have fun. can't get a benzo buzz anymore. even 10mg. that's what 4-6mg of kpin a day for 4 years does. fuck klonopin.

300mg of temaz or 120mg of valium is nice though.

Take 10 ounces of grapefruit juice first, then pop your xanax what this does is stop the xanax from going thru your liver and killing some of the affect instead it all stays in your blood stream giving you a wonderous feeling, thats why some benzo scripts say right on them do not take with grapefruit!! Good luck

If you can handle the taste, crush it up and dissolve it under your tongue. Taking benzos sublingually kicks ass. Xanax tastes quite nasty to most though.

Anyway, I've never had xanax take 2 hours to kick in though. Maybe 2 hours to peak, but when I take it orally I feel it within 30 minutes.

Last, are you familiar with the various forms of benzo 'potentiation' (and/or synergy)? Grapefruit juice, tagamet, etc... (I don't know shit about them.)

if you cant handle the taste. crush it and put it into your drink

maybe ur metabolism is very slow?for me it kick in 30 mins orally and NOT ALL xanax can be sublingualed.its dependant on your brand.my doctor gives apotex brand xanax .5 and i tried to sub it just float like oil on water

I too noticed cigarettes killing the Xanax effects. It's so disappointing because a good smoke while relaxing on a bar is the best. Do you thing the GPJ or Tagamet will balance out the nicotine killing the efficiency of the benzo?

Xanax peaks in about 1.5 hours, the initial feelings can occur after 15 min of oral admin. ^^ yeah cigeratte smoking decreases benzodiazapine blood levels

For me, if I take xanax sublingually (I actually LOVE the taste haha), I can start to feel the effects in less than five minutes. by ten minutes I'm definately feeling good. I think the OP might be confused as to the effect that xanax produces. I find that the tiredness is sort of the end part of the high. It takes people a long time sometimes to actually figure out what a benzo high is, but once you do, it's recognizable within minutes of sublingual dosing.

For me, if I take xanax sublingually (I actually LOVE the taste haha), I can start to feel the effects in less than five minutes. by ten minutes I'm definately feeling good. I think the OP might be confused as to the effect that xanax produces. I find that the tiredness is sort of the end part of the high. It takes people a long time sometimes to actually figure out what a benzo high is, but once you do, it's recognizable within minutes of sublingual dosing.

Agreed. Unless I've been combining it with other stuff that might add to sedation like hypnotic benzos, opioids, alcohol, cannabis or whatever, or then taking it in heroic doses, Xanax does not make me tired until the end of the "high" if you can call it that.
Xanax tastes like ass, but if the pill is crushed up into tiny bits it should be absorbed quite quickly sublingually. I usually chew it up, put it under my tongue, and at some point when there's just a bit of goo left under there I'll wash it down with something strong-tasting to cover it up. The drug is gone from my mouth in about 5 minutes and it hits me around 15-20. It would suck if I started feeling it at 2 hours, 'cause for me it usually ends around 4h.

on an empty stomach chew them up and chase with soda or some other bubble drink or take with alcohol just be careful because alcohol and benzos can easily cause blackouts coma or even death

Wow people. If you wanna get high Im sure you can handle the taste of xanax. Its an aquired taste and if you were ever in the throws of benzo withdrawl Im sure you would appreciate it as well.. Sublingual is the only way to go with benzo's and if you wanna take em for the taste clonazepam taste like candy. Its a better drug anyways. Alprazolam sucks because if you smoke cigarrettes it increases the dose you need by 50% or more. As for the Grapefruit Juice warning this is because GFJ has a chemical in it that is an enzyme inhibitor. The enzyme it inhibits breaks down xanax so if it is being produced less the theory is more alprazolam is built up in the body. HOWEVER, I have never heard anyone speak on the fact that vitamin C really helps eliminate basically every drug from your system where it is loaded in GFJ. The best way to potentiate alprazolam is with opiates ;P jp the legit way is Tagamet HB aka generic: Cimetidine. It is an inhibitor of CYP3A4. This enzyme inhibitor works on MOST opiates, dxm, a large amount of benzos and other drugs. Get the generic cimetidine because Tagamet HB is way overly expensive.
As far as taking benzos sublingually, alprazolam will kick in in 10 minutes or less if you hold it under your tongue and dont swallow. It actually absorbs for me faster than my favorites clonazepam. Well I hope this helps, Im having chest pains from going through a bottle of 60 30mg amphetamine salts ir (adderall 30mgir generic) over 3 days. I have a bunch of .5 clonazepams, 1mg clonazepams, and several 1mg purpac blue xanax circles. Hopefully these on top of the methadone coursing through my veins should help. The only evil thing going on is I still have a 30 of pharmaceutical amphetamine left and Im already feeling major toxic effects. If any of you have ever dabbled in d,l,amph youll understand how hard it is not to eat one if you still have it. They mix real well however with benzos..

Later peepz,
sp0r

What if you vape and not smoke cigarettes? Will it do the same thing?

That's a long time for it to kick in maybe you got stomach issues? Isn't it absorbed in the stomach

I have the Indian ones called tranax and there kick in within 15mins,
First time I took 3 at once and black out for a few hours....
:)