• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Xanax and serepax

Traytray

Greenlighter
Hi,
First time poster so please let me know if this is the wrong place to post this.

I've been given serepax 30mg (oxazepam) to help with severe sleep issues lasting more than two weeks but I have a moderate tolerance to benzos. taking 4-5 Serepax (110-140mg) at a time is the only way I'm able to drift off, and then only for 1-2 hours before waking again. Doc gave me some 2mg xanax to try as I told him the serepax was not helping.
Noting that I have a tolerance to benzos, would it be safe to mix the two? And if so what sort of dosage would people reccomend?
I'm desperate for at least a 4-6 hour block of sleep but not sure how safe it is to mix these two specific medications.

Last edited:
Moved this from homeless - Not sure if this would be suited to healthy living as I know they have a sleep problem section.

Welcome to the site Traytray - if you wish to make another post in the New Member Introduction and introduce yourself that would be a good start.

Sure, you can mix the two, especially if you're only taking the benzodiazepines. The safety profile is pretty high, just make sure you actually go to bed and don't get behind the wheel in a haze.

Now for the hard truth. You already have a slight tolerance to benzodiazepines and you're cutting into your prescriptions at higher than the set dose. You're probably not in the danger zone yet, but it sounds like you have a predisposition toward getting there. You really should take these pills as prescribed, otherwise you may face the personal consequences of dependence. I understand that insomnia and night-time awakenings can be quite annoying as I experience them myself, but if you continue to escalate dosage, you're going to eventually return to square one... with a benzodiazepine dependence that must be satiated.

I'm obviously not your father (I think), so do what you will. As I said, the use of benzodiazepines in their own right is medically safe, just be aware black-outs wait for no man, they just happen. Keep your dose as low as you can and maybe investigate some other less habituating sleep-aids while you work on your insomnia.