• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax/Alprazolam kick-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalebScott

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

I have another post active but I wanted input into how long it should take for a Xanax to kick-in. I took 1mg about 6 hours ago and am yet to feel anything. Maybe a little sleepy but no more than usual. Should it take this long to come into effect?

Unless the drug is a fake, are there other implications for Xanax having little effect on me?

Xanax is fast acting. You should feel the calming relaxing effect 15-30 min after taking it orally.

Xanax really doesn't have euphoric feeling if that is what you are looking for.

When I take it I feel a tranquil relaxing state. It is made to calm down your body.

Definitely a fast acting drug.

If you let the pill dissolve on your tongue you can feel it just about instantaneously. Wash it down with a gulp of water and it will leave your mouth feeling somewhat numb and you already start spacing your thoughts.

I don't know what you're trying to achieve when you take it, but it basically makes you feel no worries..

I almost feel invisible when I take 3 or 4mg. ;)

next time try not to post all over the place, and keep all of your questions in the same thread, since they are both benzo related.

Alprazolam takes about 10 - 20 minutes to take effect when taken orally, so if you're not feeling anything after 6 hours, you won't feel anything. Did you have a full stomach? Next time try taking it sublingually, it hits in about 5 minutes, hits stronger and has no regard to food intake.

Xanax doesn't get you high, just relaxed and sleepy. First time I took it, the only effect that occurred was the fact that I couldn't walk straight and kept falling on people, as well as falling asleep whenever I was in a seated position. No recreational effects will come from benzos. They are only good for coming off stimulants.

Begins to kick in at about 30 minutes after ingestion, peak at about 1.5 h after ingestion.

next time try not to post all over the place, and keep all of your questions in the same thread, since they are both benzo related.

Alprazolam takes about 10 - 20 minutes to take effect when taken orally, so if you're not feeling anything after 6 hours, you won't feel anything. Did you have a full stomach? Next time try taking it sublingually, it hits in about 5 minutes, hits stronger and has no regard to food intake.

Xanax doesn't get you high, just relaxed and sleepy. First time I took it, the only effect that occurred was the fact that I couldn't walk straight and kept falling on people, as well as falling asleep whenever I was in a seated position. No recreational effects will come from benzos. They are only good for coming off stimulants.

I disagree that xanax doesn't get you high or maybe I'm just sensitive to benzos because I get euphoria (obviously not as much as opiates) from xanax, temazepam and even lorazepam.

^ I get absolutely nothing from alprazolam or lorazepam other than anxiety relief. Temazepam is euphoric.

Wow ok so I must have missed it. I just figured it would send me straight to sleep, but I'm not tired at all. Is it's affect completely over by now? Like 7 hours?

Apologies for posting all over the place.

But what is it supposed to feel like exactly? Just relaxed with no high. I guess because I hear of so many xanax addiction stories the drug would, I dunno, do more.

^ I get absolutely nothing from alprazolam or lorazepam other than anxiety relief. Temazepam is euphoric.

I haven't decided if I like xanax or temazepam more but they do feel quite different and I enjoy alternating between the two. Other than once when I took 60mg of temazepam and a few times mixing at low doses I just stick to the prescribed amount (30mg)and smoke some weed with it.

if after an hour you don't feel it it either was bunk or just too low of a dose

As everyone has been saying benzos are very subtle, and by and large not a recreational type of drug. Just a couple of questions to help clarify.

Were you taking it for a legitimate reason it's usually rx'd for or to try and achieve some sort of high?

What is your benzo tolerance in general?

i can feel xanax within 10 minutes of taking it on an empty stomach, but it's easier if you know what to look for...

I'd never used them before (or any benzo) and was given one 2mg pill. I took half and I guess waited for something. I've heard stories of people having less and not being able to talk properly or walk without stumbling.

I guess I didn't know what to expect, but weird that it went by without any feeling. Why are people so addicted to these? Does taking them and feeling fine suggest I need them (I get anxiety quite a bit but not enough to need a drug to relieve it)

I would say if you are not getting anything out of them then avoid them at all costs. They are extremely addictive, and withdrawal is dangerous and otherwise awful.

xanax and benzos in general (with diazepam possibly being an exception IMO) are not the kind of drugs that gives a super powerful psychoactive kick. Most people won't even recognize they're intoxicated on them. However the best way to take xanax is sublingually, it kicks in a lot faster and the change in 'reality' is more apparent IMO. Anyway, KK is right, this thread is super old, doesn't really belong in OD to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.