• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health (X-post)Heroin laced weed or just weed and antipsychotics?

Invegaswaami

Greenlighter
So, i was going to church on sunday morning like i do, as i am currently a patient in a mental health rehab and i found a bag of weed. i haven't taken drugs for years.

it sat in my draw for quite some time, but eventually it came out.

I have very recently been suffering with problems of being beaten by my OCD after bingeing on video games which i was on top of and alive and kicking beforehand - stupid i know but that kind of thing happens when you're in rehab.

so i smoked this bag of weed, it was the most intense joint i have ever smoked, a tiny amount of weed, i still remember the amount and it was about 6-7mm from the end of a bud of some pretty nice looking weed. full death doors, complete hell after about 5 minutes. struggling to walk or sit still all the while maintaining a relatively good frame of mind accompanied with a feeling of residual energy afterwards i recognise from taking opiod painkillers, although this time there was no stress, unlike the painkillers, i guess the weed killed the stress as it does.

this made me think that the with meds i was on, smoking weed was almost like taking heroin, i loved the experience, the withdrawal symptoms were quite bad, took about 1 week to fully go back to baseline but i can handle them and managed to break the cycle immediately, enjoying myself the whole time. was good withdrawal effects actually because they made me feel very human. this will probably be different for you becaus ei do kickboxing and that made the withdrawal effects much more bearable, nothing like a good punch in the face for that kind of thing,

so the following week i picked up some weed from a friend's dealer and smoked it, having packed a rucksack, expecting a similar experience.

It was nothing. just getting high and surfing through the high pretty much, i hated it truth be told. boooooring.

now, is this just me adapting after the first joint and do you antipsychotic weed smokers experience withdrawal effects and a similar high to me every now and again? (i'm on paliperidone so olanzapine, risperidone the lot are all near enough the same and i'd appreciate your input)

also i read somewhere from a random website off google that "Heroin-laced weed symptoms can include feeling very drowsy or incredibly lethargic after using the marijuana." as i experienced.

i would really like the input of someone who smokes weed on antipsychotics, i've received input from elsewhere that has been helpful.

I don't think you get withdrawals from smoking weed one time. I have no idea how it reacts with antipsychotics tho.

Its hard to say. I dont have any personal experience but i would guess the psychedelic effect of weed would be turned way down. Just be careful weed is known to cause problems in people with underlying mental illness

For people whom have been put on antipyschotic medication, weed will likely make symptoms worse in the end, almost surely. Then they might raise your dose. CBD hemp though has some studies behind it as an adjunct to antipyschotics in treating psychotic disorders.