• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Exhausted wth is this? withdrawal?

Poppydog

Bluelighter
Hey,

Ive been on codeine for the past month or so. I just stopped and I feel like trash. I was really not expecting to face any noticeable withdrawal, because I was taking very small doses, I took days off, and I tapered down before stopping.

I actually stopped a few days ago, didnt even notice the w/d until the end of day 3 when I started feeling like absolute trash so I took a small dose and felt better within 15 minutes. So its gotta be w/ds. Now I cant stop thinking about re-dosing. I tried some loperamide which didnt seem to do anything much.

Its really weird. While I was using this past month every 24-48 hours I didnt think about it at all, then i stopped and didnt notice anything for almost 3 days before taking that small dose. And now im obsessed and thinking about using it again within 12 hours of the last dose.

I can taper down further, altho my experience with tapers is that once it gets to such a small dose that i cant feel it, I just want to take more even if i don't feel sick.
I have plenty of doxylamine, diphenhydramine, and loperamide, a small amount of clonidine, and a very small amount of DHC. Plus plenty of codeine
So whats the best way to do this? Taper down a few more days, switch to equivalent low dose of DHC for 2 days, then stop and take clonidine?

Sounds like psychological withdrawals, you might want to explore supplements like 5-HTP and especially dl-phenylalanine, which your body uses in the metabolism of endorphins. Only don't buy it if it's only l-phenylalanine and take aminos on an empty stomach. Melatonin is better for more natural sleep than antihistamines

Some more suggestions: workout, push-ups sit-ups, weights, but also walking. Cannabis indica. A good IPA

Sounds like psychological withdrawals, you might want to explore supplements like 5-HTP and especially dl-phenylalanine, which your body uses in the metabolism of endorphins. Only don't buy it if it's only l-phenylalanine and take aminos on an empty stomach. Melatonin is better for more natural sleep than antihistamines

Some more suggestions: workout, push-ups sit-ups, weights, but also walking. Cannabis indica. A good IPA
Thanks for the response.
I actually ran 10km yesterday and only started to feel like trash after that. I was gonna gym today but I feel so sick that I don't think its a good idea
Ive got some melatonin too. Thanks for the reminder about that

I have plenty of doxylamine, diphenhydramine, and loperamide, a small amount of clonidine, and a very small amount of DHC. Plus plenty of codeine
Is there a particular reason you're holding on to the codeine? Not willing to part with it yet, perhaps?? I was addicted to codeine and other opiates for many years, so I really do appreciate how hard it is to let go of those pills. But if they're just sitting there it's going to be really hard to not take them.

There is also a chance that it's not actually withdrawals and you're feeling shit for some other reason, especially if you've only been taking it for 1 month, and you tapered down. Opiates are going to make you feel good regardless so just because they made you feel better when you felt garbage doesn't necessarily mean it's withdrawals. How are you doing today??

Is there a particular reason you're holding on to the codeine? Not willing to part with it yet, perhaps?? I was addicted to codeine and other opiates for many years, so I really do appreciate how hard it is to let go of those pills. But if they're just sitting there it's going to be really hard to not take them.

There is also a chance that it's not actually withdrawals and you're feeling shit for some other reason, especially if you've only been taking it for 1 month, and you tapered down. Opiates are going to make you feel good regardless so just because they made you feel better when you felt garbage doesn't necessarily mean it's withdrawals. How are you doing today??
Hey, thanks for responding. You were right, it wasnt w/d. I was actually sick with a bug or i ate something dodgy. Kinda funny that I automatically assume w/d. I have a real addict mindset even tho ive been basically clean for years. As you can prolly tell i know a bit about comfort meds, potentiators etc etc cos I used to be hooked on stronger opiates.

You are right about not wanting to part with the codeine too. Im scripted them, but I prolly dont need them. They are just really nice to have if/when i get the flu, or pull a muscle. And compared to oxy or something, they are not really a huge temptation to have knocking around.

If I missed it, sorry.
Is the diet regimen up to snuff to feed this recovery/exercise? If no appetite I would recommend strong-indica for eats, rest and general anxietal issues but in small doses.
No medical background here other than observation of youtube videos on neurosurgery: Looking to start my practice soon. :ROFLMAO: