• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Wow, never gave Pyrazolam a chance.

Marauder

Bluelighter
FAST onset (30 mins oral. Probably 10-15 faster w/o my large benzo tolerance and if held under tongue or chewed.) The "onset" I was looking for was elimination of anxiety. Maybe different benzos require that you wait until they metabolize into something more active. Pyrazolam does not metabolize into anything I think? Seems potent (.5 mg is noticeable whereas I need a full 1mg Xanax bar or 2mg Etizolam to feel anything) given one has no tolerance.

Last edited:
Yes, pyrazolam is a great benzodiazepine, inasmuch as anxiolytics are concerned. It does seem to relieve anxiety to a significantly greater degree than do most other benzodiazepine I've tried (dose-for-dose).

Of course, there are quite a few that seem to be more effective anxiolytics. However, pyrazolam is the better drug in terms of its anxiolysis-to-sedation ratio. In other words, no benzodiazepine I've ever used relieves anxiety quite as effectively as pyrazolam and with equal or lesser sedative/hypnotic effects.

However, I must admit that taking a benzodiazepine and feeling practically nothing but anxiolysis is very weird, in a bad way.

I'm curious: don't you find the sedative/hypnotic properties of these drugs euphoric, too?

I always chose Etizolam or Xanax when available, but damn I never gave this guy a chance. Pyrazolam is fantastic. I realized that most of my daytime fatigue can be attributed to Etizolam. It has come to a point where Etizolam just makes me want to sleep while doing nothing for my anxiety. So I tossed it aside and picked up some Pyrazolam I had laying around (.5mg.)

- FAST onset (30 mins oral. Probably 10-15 faster w/o my large benzo tolerance and if held under tongue or chewed.) The "onset" I was looking for was elimination of anxiety. Maybe different benzos require that you wait until they metabolize into something more active. Pyrazolam does not metabolize into anything (noted below.)

- Very potent (.5 mg is noticeable whereas I need a full 1mg Xanax bar or 2mg Etizolam to feel anything)

- Kills anxiety, no sedation or mental fog, no nodding off

- Won't help you fall asleep (good or bad thing)

- Still legal and widely available

- Discovered in the 70s, just "rediscovered" recently, so we aren't dealing with something too new that it would raise red flags

- Speaking of safety, it does not get metabolized! it gets excreted as-is so it's probably safer for your liver.

- Anecdotal and my own reports put it close to Alprazolam (Xanax.) Maybe not 100% AS potent but certainly worth looking into.

of course, with a large benzo tolerance and since brain and body chemistry differs, you can throw all of these ^ out the window as being simply my own experience.

That is not even close to a large benzo tolerance... that is within therapeutic dosage. Look around there are people on this board taking 60-100mg of xanax a day, mankind I think is one of the members god bless him with a serious benzo addiction.

Not saying any of this btw to belittle or make fun of you, I am just pointing out, that is a relatively normal dose...

pyrazolam is a massively underestimated drug imo.

i find they work in about 2 minutes sublingually (and seem stronger, maybe due to a higher BA via this route), but irritate the underside of my tongue.

yeah I used to love them sublingual, nowhere near as recreational as alprazolam, which was a positive for me.(I could actually have lots of this around and not be guaranteed a dependence in no time flat although I did get a smallnone once I hav very addictive tendencies tho). Pyrazolam is one of the best benzos if looking for anxiolysis without sedation. Sucks Its not prescription, if only for more assurance of quality/legitimacy of substance and ease of avalibility.

- Very potent (.5 mg is noticeable whereas I need a full 1mg Xanax bar or 2mg Etizolam to feel anything)

-

- Anecdotal and my own reports put it close to Alprazolam (Xanax.) Maybe not 100% AS potent but certainly worth looking into..
I heard it was close to as potent as alprazolam but it ddnt seem so to me,though I suspect that was lower actual dosage than stated in the grey market "pellets" I was getting.

I heard it was close to as potent as alprazolam but it ddnt seem so to me,though I suspect that was lower actual dosage than stated in the grey market "pellets" I was getting.

My experiences with pyrazolam have been similar. The drug does not appear to be more potent than alprazolam; conversely, it seems to be slightly, yet still perceptibly less potent.

However potency is only of importance where dosing or dosage is concerned.

Benzodiazepines aren't like, say, opioids. One cannot realistically compare the potency of alprazolam to that of pyrazolam and derive anything meaningful. Benzodiazepines may all have the same set of effects (sedation, anxiolysis, somnolence, disinhibition, anterograde amnesia, hypnosis, etc.) but the intensity and strength of these effects can be considerably different between the drugs.

For example, one particular benzodiazepine equivalency chart (q.v. Comparison of Benzodiazepines (VhPharmSci) ) lists triazolam as having an equipotent comparative oral dose with alprazolam of 0.5 mg, and lists clonazepam as 0.25 mg.

There I can erroneously conclude that if I require at least 10 mg clonazepam for an effect, then I should take 20 mg triazolam or 120 mg temazepam (since its comparative dose is 30 mg, or 29.75mg larger than clonazepam's paltry 0.25 mg) to acheive the same or similar effects. But that's beyond wrong.

While they all have the same effects, different drugs cause those effects to different degrees.

And so I take 2× as much triazolam as clonazepam and 6 or so hours later I wake up facedown on my bathroom floor wondering what in the fuck just happened.

So these discussions about benzodiazepine equivalency and comparative potency are useless at their best and harmful at their worst.

So these discussions about benzodiazepine equivalency and comparative potency are useless at their best and harmful at their worst.

very well put could not have said it better myself.

Well it´s quite relaxing because it mainly acts at a2 and a3 receptors (a3 for muscle relaxion and a2 for anti-anxiety). But people who look for a full Etizolam, Diazepam, Flunitrazepam etc. replacement would possibly be disappointed with Pyra (although in high doses it has a good synergy with other benzos). I would still call it a "Alprazolam-Light" which describes it quite well imho.
I hope that people will respect this substance and don´t try to abuse it. It seems this could stay legal for a long time as long as vendors continue to stock it and no overdoses or fatalities happen. It would be quite sad if it gets illegal only because people are too stupid and iresponsible.

Also buying benzos over the internet is surely no solution to anxiety, you need a bigger concept of what you are going to change not only the right drugs. Also there is no research how Pyrazolam interacts with the systems that cause anxiety and if there are worse negative side-effects than tested drugs like Alprazolam after stopping or using high doses of the drug.

Last edited:
I like Pyrazolam too, my doses are between 0.5mg and 2mg per day.

Sublingual hit faster but yes it burns a bit the tongue. Anyway the downside when I take Pyrazolam in the morning and if I want to trip at night, it seems to completely dull the trip to the point of not feeling anything at all :\

I'm gonna see today if what I say is really true, about to take some AL-LAD (half a blotter) tonight :)

I do find it very anxiolytic. It's not sedating during daytime activites, but when taken before bed, it does relax me so therefore it does help me sleep. I have never found benzos to be recreational, but therapeutic. I suffer from bad social anxiety as well as occasional panic attacks, so RC's have been a godsend when I run out of my prescription a tad early. this is not my favorite research chemical, but it ok. So far, i prefer clonazolam, which in my opinion would be if Xanax and Klonopin had a baby together. But it is getting harder to obtain. I'm curious to find out if pyrazolam causes bad dependency & withdrawals like other benzos.

I find that sitr to be extremely inaccurate, based on my own experience and the opinions of any doctor who's prescribed me benzos. While many equivalency calculators have some discrepencies (i.e. some say 1mg xanax=10mg valium, others say 1mg X=20mg V), every other chart I have seen considers Xanax and Klonopin to be equipotent, This one is way ow well this one is way off on their clonazepam equivalencies. Compared to other sources, this site underestimates the potency of klonopin by 2-4x's the strength of other sources.

I find that sitr to be extremely inaccurate, based on my own experience and the opinions of any doctor who's prescribed me benzos. While many equivalency calculators have some discrepencies (i.e. some say 1mg xanax=10mg valium, others say 1mg X=20mg V), every other chart I have seen considers Xanax and Klonopin to be equipotent, This one is way ow well this one is way off on their clonazepam equivalencies. Compared to other sources, this site underestimates the potency of klonopin by 2-4x's the strength of other sources.

The potency of one benzodiazepine is only comparable to the potency of any other benzodiazepine(s) if and only if potency is used as a measure of the quantity required to achieve a particular effect.

For example, one could compare the potency of temazepam to that of clonazepam by finding the proportion between the dosage of temazepam necessitated to result in a degree of somnolence that is equivalent to the degree of anxiolysis produced by some quantity of clonazepam. In other words, one could say 30 mg temazepam is equipotent to 2 mg clonazepam, if that specific dosage of the former is as hypnotic as the dosage of the latter is sedating—an equivalency involving the relation of two parameters.

Or one could say 180 mg temazepam is equipotent to 2 mg clonazepam if the former is as anxiolytic as the latter—an equivalency involving only one parameter.

But one cannot make any meaningful comparison between the potency of two different benzodiazepines without accounting for differences in the efficacy of their set of effects.

One must necessarily qualify what pharmacological effect they're using to compare the drugs' potencies for the equivalency to be serviceable and of any real value. This is because, while all benzodiazepines have the same set of effects, different benzodiazepines may be more effective than others at producing one or more of those effects, be it anxiolysis or sedation or disinhibition or ataxia or skeletal muscle relaxation or CNS depression or anterograde amnesia or euphoria or antiepileptogenesis and so on.

Consider how useless it would be to assert, for example, that 0.25 mg triazolam is equivalent to 1 mg diazepam. Equivalent for what? To be sure, the effects of triazolam and diazepam are essentially identical. But the dosage comparison is patently invalid nonetheless, because the two drugs produce those identical effects with nonidentical efficacities; triazolam is less successful than diazepam as a sedative, but diazepam is less successful than triazolam as a hypnotic, even though both drugs act as sedatives and hypnotics in sufficient doses.

So then, the immediate consequence is that, while their ED50 and LD50 are not incomparable, it would be impractical and unworkable for one to employ the dosage equivalency of the two drugs for a linear extrapolation—the effect of, say, 15 mg diazepam are not equivalent to the effects of 3.75 mg triazolam, which is just what such a benzodiazepine equivalency would suggest. That amount of diazepam would be very euphoric and relaxing, in my experience. On the other hand, that amount of triazolam, for someone without a benzodiazepine tolerance, would leave them on the floor.

Therefore, the notion of benzodiazepine dosage equivalency is utterly useless because it is merely a comparison of chemically related compounds, without any consideration for their pharmacological profiles.

Thus, it doesn't work at all, unlike with an opioid analgesic equivalency which is a comparison based on an actual pharmacologic property—namely, analgesia—rather than being just a comparison of structurally analogous chemical substances.

To put it succinctly, you ain't making no fucking sense if we don't know what goddamned property is being used to calculate the potency and to draw the goddamned equivalency in the first place.

Last edited:
if you have experience with benzos and are resposible, give 'em a shot. these have to be the most forgiving benzo ive tried, RC or pharm.
i think because theyre one of the few water-soluble ones then sublingual is the best way to go but it seems a bit corrosive on the tongue so maybe stick to oral if this is a problem. or plug them if you can be arsed (PUNS ARE FUN!) but even though i tried this mixed with some DHC (i think) and it was great, it's way more trouble than it's worth.

and as if i didnt hve to say: despite being water soluble, meaning it works nasally, i wouldnt bother snorting either as the whole pellet contains only 0.5mg (or you can get 1mg now) and all that filler is a bitch.

or just eat them and they work fine, i just like em sublingual cos they seem to hit harder and faster but i cant do it often as the underside of my tongue feels like it gets little ulcers on occasion.

very relaxing and probably less habit forming than most benzos as they just make you very calm but don't give the other effects people crave like muscle relaxation or sedation. they don't "fuck you up" on sensible doses in other words.

disclaimer: don't use them every day. couple times a week would be okay, but benzos are ineffective if used long-term and will bite you harder in the long run. keep it occasional.

Last edited:
The potency of one benzodiazepine is only comparable to the potency of any other benzodiazepine(s) if and only if potency is used as a measure of the quantity required to achieve a particular effect.

For example, one could compare the potency of temazepam to that of clonazepam by finding the proportion between the dosage of temazepam necessitated to result in a degree of somnolence that is equivalent to the degree of anxiolysis produced by some quantity of clonazepam. In other words, one could say 30 mg temazepam is equipotent to 2 mg clonazepam, if that specific dosage of the former is as hypnotic as the dosage of the latter is sedating—an equivalency involving the relation of two parameters.

Or one could say 180 mg temazepam is equipotent to 2 mg clonazepam if the former is as anxiolytic as the latter—an equivalency involving only one parameter.

But one cannot make any meaningful comparison between the potency of two different benzodiazepines without accounting for differences in the efficacy of their set of effects.

One must necessarily qualify what pharmacological effect they're using to compare the drugs' potencies for the equivalency to be serviceable and of any real value. This is because, while all benzodiazepines have the same set of effects, different benzodiazepines may be more effective than others at producing one or more of those effects, be it anxiolysis or sedation or disinhibition or ataxia or skeletal muscle relaxation or CNS depression or anterograde amnesia or euphoria or antiepileptogenesis and so on.

Consider how useless it would be to assert, for example, that 0.25 mg triazolam is equivalent to 1 mg diazepam. Equivalent for what? To be sure, the effects of triazolam and diazepam are essentially identical. But the dosage comparison is patently invalid nonetheless, because the two drugs produce those identical effects with nonidentical efficacities; triazolam is less successful than diazepam as a sedative, but diazepam is less successful than triazolam as a hypnotic, even though both drugs act as sedatives and hypnotics in sufficient doses.

So then, the immediate consequence is that, while their ED50 and LD50 are not incomparable, it would be impractical and unworkable for one to employ the dosage equivalency of the two drugs for a linear extrapolation—the effect of, say, 15 mg diazepam are not equivalent to the effects of 3.75 mg triazolam, which is just what such a benzodiazepine equivalency would suggest. That amount of diazepam would be very euphoric and relaxing, in my experience. On the other hand, that amount of triazolam, for someone without a benzodiazepine tolerance, would leave them on the floor.

Therefore, the notion of benzodiazepine dosage equivalency is utterly useless because it is merely a comparison of chemically related compounds, without any consideration for their pharmacological profiles.

Thus, it doesn't work at all, unlike with an opioid analgesic equivalency which is a comparison based on an actual pharmacologic property—namely, analgesia—rather than being just a comparison of structurally analogous chemical substances.

To put it succinctly, you ain't making no fucking sense if we don't know what goddamned property is being used to calculate the potency and to draw the goddamned equivalency in the first place.

great explanation, this should go into the wiki or some info thread as many people seem to think to simple about this topic, also with other drugs like amphetamines or psychedelics.

I just read that Pyrazolam was created as an enhanced version of Bromazepam but was discarded because they feared that it would be dangerously strong (Bromazepam was the only benzo that can induce coma in overdose so putting a triazolo-ring on it would logically be dangerous), interesting how this turned out to be way much safer (as far as users have "researched" it or reports have been released) than most other Benzos. I had the pure powder several times and even dipping a finger into the empty bag (I think 1-10mg) when I got out of any sedating stuff didn´t produce any amnesia or bad side effects other than strong muscle relaxation.

I wonder if there have been any 3-hydroxy triazolo-benzos invented or if they would be effective? Making analogues of Oxazepam or Temazepam could provide quite effective compounds. Or Nitrazepam with an triazolo ring, and with that pyridine ring from bromazepam/pyrazolam instead of benzene...also that ethyldimethylamine chain on the triazolo from Adinazolam could be put on those compounds which could give them antidepressant effects, an Adinazolam-analogue of Etizolam could provide the most similar effects as far as I have researched.

Last edited:
Thought this info I came across pyrazolam was pretty cool - sorry if someone mentioned this already.
Pyrazolam has structural similarities to alprazolam and bromazepam. Unlike other benzodiazepines, pyrazolam does not appear to undergo metabolism, instead being excreted unchanged in the urine. No metabolites have been found in the urine of volunteers.
It has anxiolytic activity 12x stronger than diazepam while causing little ataxia and sedation when used in its anxiolytic dose range.

So it seems pyrazolam would be a safe option for anyone with liver impairments.

yeah I used to love them sublingual, nowhere near as recreational as alprazolam, which was a positive for me.(I could actually have lots of this around and not be guaranteed a dependence in no time flat although I did get a smallnone once I hav very addictive tendencies tho). Pyrazolam is one of the best benzos if looking for anxiolysis without sedation. Sucks Its not prescription, if only for more assurance of quality/legitimacy of substance and ease of avalibility.

I'm considering getting a small sample size quantity of it. I'd rather have a script for Bromazepam 6mg tid, same strength in anxiolysis as xanax but at least it lasts longer and has muscle relaxant effects and can be used as a sleeping pill if one takes a couple 6mg greens at once, not so sure with this one, unless anxiety is what is preventing one from sleeping, or sleeping without nightmares. So I should try before it gets harder, the date for when the extremely illogical law in the UK is coming soon. A lot of the UK shops will be shipping from the EU or simply closing, I'm not sure how that will go, but I hope as hell they stop charging in GBP and use Euros if so.

Just ordered pyrazolam myself. Should be here soon. Was looking for a benzo that won't cause sedation. Need something for daily anxiety, but don't need to be sedated and out of it all day. So hoping it will work.