• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Wouldn't it be great to simply use once a week forever?

johnloperamide

Bluelighter
I know I've been posting a lot of threads lately and I'm seriously trying not to buy another bag of poppy seeds to use again this week since I'm almost done with withdrawals, 8.5 day so far, still not 100%... fucking shit...

I was reading a lot of threads about people being addicted for years and the few who could use only during the weekends and I was thinking.... Why the fuck is it so hard to simply use once a week and just know that 1 day a week you will feel awesome, and reserve it for then and that is it... I mean it makes perfect sense, if you use only once a week you are clearly used to being clean so it won't bother you and then you know your one day a week you'll feel fucking awesome... This can only be achieved once you're not physically dependent anymore obviously and of course with a lot of fucking self control but it makes perfect sense...

Once I get through withdrawals 100%, I will buy one bag and try that and the day I cheat I'm out... I know very well I will never put myself through this again so I feel like it's worth a shot... If I've been sober 8 days feeling like shit, why can't I be 6 days a week feeling normal and then 1 day have fun.. I will probably give that a shot...

Maybe once I'm done with withdrawals I won't crave it anymore though, part of me wants it for the high now but the other just to ease the pain

Last edited:
I think because depending on the drug the week before the day you can use is agonizing to an extent? I've "cut" my IV coke days down to 2 or 3 a week, but realistically that's mainly a cost factor coming into play.. I just simply cannot afford to use every day. I mean, if I had unlimited funds I'd probably go until I died? Sad to say I guess.

I think even then if you're using once a week but always looking forward to that day then you're still a slave and you're still addicted even though you feel you have it under control. There's a level of acceptance you have to give into I guess. I'm not one for the total abstinence game, I think at that point you're just fully giving into the addiction as much as you would be using every damn day.. you haven't learned any way to control it at all you're just simply avoiding it. We did these things and we really enjoy these things.. let's try to keep them to a level where we can enjoy them, I think that's the ticket. If you're going through withdrawals or the downtime is helltime then you're not really getting enjoyment but just an escape from the pain.. which itself isnt exactly enjoyment. I know you op users know that sometimes you use just to feel normal,.. not even get high. and that sucks. I'm rambling. Sorry bro..

I think because depending on the drug the week before the day you can use is agonizing to an extent? I've "cut" my IV coke days down to 2 or 3 a week, but realistically that's mainly a cost factor coming into play.. I just simply cannot afford to use every day. I mean, if I had unlimited funds I'd probably go until I died? Sad to say I guess.

I think even then if you're using once a week but always looking forward to that day then you're still a slave and you're still addicted even though you feel you have it under control. There's a level of acceptance you have to give into I guess. I'm not one for the total abstinence game, I think at that point you're just fully giving into the addiction as much as you would be using every damn day.. you haven't learned any way to control it at all you're just simply avoiding it. We did these things and we really enjoy these things.. let's try to keep them to a level where we can enjoy them, I think that's the ticket. If you're going through withdrawals or the downtime is helltime then you're not really getting enjoyment but just an escape from the pain.. which itself isnt exactly enjoyment. I know you op users know that sometimes you use just to feel normal,.. not even get high. and that sucks. I'm rambling. Sorry bro..

My habit was really small, 1.5 months... and had a problem with hydro last year for 2 months and got off it...

I will simply do not use till I'm over withdrawal 100%, it's been my mindset since the beginning and I still haven't cheated... See these seeds are so cheap that I basically could have it every day and be ok financially.. That's scary but no, I want to be able to feel good once a week and leave it at that.. And unless I change my mind, I will give it a shot and if it doesn't work I'll have to stop

I just keep on thinking, wouldn't it be great? once a week?.. damn, no withdrawals ever and you feel good once a week, if possible it a great idea

I don't really know if it's possible to stick to once a week, but what i can say is, from my experience and it's limited. I would say it's possible. Though I'm not saying you wont grow dependent if you stick to once a week cause I honestly don't know. I've used Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, and Kratom multiple times and probably will continue to do so. And I've never had a problem stopping. This could possibly be because I don't care for the high from opioids much? I don't know I just prefer weed to be honest, but I'm not against opioids. Hence why I take them from time to time. I actually just got through taking Oxy's for 3 days straight and I feel no pull. Maybe I'm lucky who knows. Maybe I don't take enough when I do use them recreationaly to get addicted I honestly don't know. I will say this the mind is a powerful thing. People fall for placebo pills all the time just cause they think they have taken something they really haven't. I've also read of women who believed themselves to be pregnant so they start to lactate because they believe it's true. Pretty much what I'm saying is I feel like if you have a strong enough will power you can do whatever you want. But only you can know if you have that will power. Many don't. I wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:
Very few people can do what you described and I have heard that they are just fooling themselves if the think they can continue to use like that, and not get addicted.

When I was into pharmaceutical opiates I would take them 1-3x a month a few times a year but I never took more than 10mg and took them orally. But had I had unlimited access to them I would not have stayed that way, and I would have gotten addicted to them. I stopped using opiates because I started to get horrible stomach cramps while on them and coming down.

Good luck and stay safe.

Yea, but using everyday forever would be ideal.
If you could guarantee your supply never runs out and have the willpower to mostly stick to doses that give you some euphoria but still leave you entirely functional, sure.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction...

I think this is true of any choices we make, especially regarding drugs. To reach the prolific highs that we seek, we have to experience the dramatic lows along with them. If you're main desire is to use opioids, that in itself is an indication that you won't be able to use occasionally in a "responsible" way. All the time and energy we put in to ensuring that we don't become addicted and dependent is also a clear indicator that the drugs hold to high of a standing in our lives. It's like a catch-22.

The real question is if you were no longer dependent and you were content with life would you even want to be able to use once a week? For me, the answer has been no. Of course when you're still dependent the idea is a seemingly wonderful fantasy.

Eventually you'll long to feel alive again.

The real question is if you were no longer dependent and you were content with life would you even want to be able to use once a week? For me, the answer has been no. Of course when you're still dependent the idea is a seemingly wonderful fantasy.

Eventually you'll long to feel alive again.

I disagree with you on that... I started using when I was perfectly fine, it was just a plus... It's the addiction part that makes it suck, so if you can control that which idk if I can, I will give it a shot, but if I can it's a great thing... For a long time I saw using hydro as getting drunk once in a while, something harmless.. When I started getting drunk almost every day a few months ago I realized I had to stop and I did... I just have to see it as something to do once in a while... forget once a week.. once every 2 weeks, a month.. let's say that