• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Would you willlingly accept being vaccinated against your DOC?

It wouldn't because their molecular structure is different.
As I understand it, the idea is to make the immune system create antibodies against morphine (just an example), so as soon as you consume the drug the body detects it and the immune system would quickly respond and innactivate drug via different mechanisms. This is how vaccines work, kind of.

It's actually an interesting idea, I'm just not convinced that it would solve the bigger problem of addictive behavior. And it could lead to some kind of dystopian future, though not necessarily.
The molecular is different yes but the reason drugs work in the first place is that they often mimic endogenous NTs. I have serious doubts that a “vaccine” can distinguish between certain drugs and their related NTs that specifically

I have serious doubts that a “vaccine” can distinguish between certain drugs and their related NTs
Why not? An antibody is not the same as a receptor. In fact, such antibodies are the basis of the commonly used dipstick test for drugs in urine, where they tend to be quite selective. For instance the opioid dipstick test will work best with morphine/codeine/hydrocodone, but seperate tests are needed for oxycodone/oxymorphone, fentanyl, methadone, and methadone's metaboilite (EDDP) because the antibody does not bind those compounds nearly as well.