Votes: 26 44.8%
  • NO: It sure does bother me...

Votes: 32 55.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny Don't

Bluelighter
I feel sorry for the poor Taiwanese couple, who upon starting their new life in Australia, discovered that the new house they had just bought was in fact the scene of a grizzly triple murder just 3 years earlier. The real-estate agent had conveniently forgotten this vital little piece of information.

See related article

Now as I was on my way to work this morning on the news they had a spokeman for L.J. Hooker who sold the house, and he was quoted as saying “most people wouldn’t worry about something like that when buying a house”. I’m interested to know exactly who he’s referring to when he says “most people”. For me personally, living in a house where a murder had taken place would scare the absolute bejesus out of me!! I wouldn’t even be able to spend one night in there. I guess everybody has their price, but for the $800,000 the estate agent sold it for this was clearly an unethical move.

So who actually would live in a murder house??

I think I'd probably be a bit freaked out. Yeah, those sort of things really scare me. When we were looking at rental properties, we found this awesome terrace house that would've been great apart from this one bedroom. Everytime anyone went in there (not just my family, other people looking for houses too) people just got a really bad feeling. It was as though something disturbing had happened in there.
So we didn't apply for it.

I'm sure there would be things you could do though to get all the bad spirits away or something... Like shake incense or throw salt...?

the odds of it happening in a house once are pretty slim, the likelihood of it happening twice... rediculous.

Nah, wouldn't bother me at all. If I was told about it, you could probabley save a bit of money on the house too. I'd like to run around the house spraying luminol everywhere to see if I could find anything.

That is of course, unless the house murdered the person. Then, well....it's different.

^^ err i dont think that he was thinking that he would get murdered living in one.. but you know, it being haunted ect...

Mate, I would never do it. Ever.

I think it would be a thrill,
to see if anything came about from living in such a house.
Going into such a house or situation knowing that something like that happened there really does influence your perceptions of it I mean if somebody showed me evidence that the house I am currently living in was the site of some mass cult-suicide or multiple-murders I don't think I would consider moving out because i'm so accustomed to it without having experienced anything peculiar.
Yes, I would do it because I feel the prospect of 'defeating' the house is an exciting one.
%) 8o :|

I don't think I could live there on my own - I don't believe in ghosts, but I've got a tendency to freak myself out late at night if I'm home alone.

If I was living there with a few people I don't think it would bother me all that much.

I definitely think it is something that should be disclosed to potential buyers though.

The only reason that it is a problem is because they know of it now. The fact is you could already be living in a murder house and not know it. Unless your house is brand new you don't know what could have happened there before. Muder, rape, ongoing abuse, there could be someone secretly buried under your house, how would you know?

Just bring your own positive energy to a place and make it your own.
However, if I was being shown a house where a well-know murder had occurred, I'd try to get some money off ;)

Hell No.

I have seen a ghost once before (thread idea!) and frankly the thought of living in a house which has seen 3 people brutally killed would not work for me at all.

Damn how horrific.

No way Jose.

To think that the door you open every day is where a man had his throat cut then chest stabbed multiple times by his own son. I would rather sleep outside.

I don't think it would bother me in the slightest. In fact, it'd probably just give me new stories to tell my friends...

Let's face it; it's sad, but people die and are murdered every day. There's no reason it needs to affect where I interact today if it happened before I was ever even aware of the place...

Hell no!! The victims spirit may still be floating around..

Especially for asians.. you don't want this stuff fuckin up your feng shui.

F

Pseudo G said:
That is of course, unless the house murdered the person. Then, well....it's different.

I hear Amytville is a lovely suburb =D

I don't know.... I think I might get freaked too. Especially if I knew exactly where in the house and how it was done, and it was particularly gruesome. I don't even have much stomach for horror moves so... to sum up, no.

yeah i would'nt have a problem with it, people die everyday everywhere

my friend was actually a family friend of the victims, his brother was good friends with the murderer.

still, its a damn nice house, i wouldnt care if it was a ritual sacrifice ground built on an ancient indian burial ground

i want that house.

death is so common, especially in a house. i dont really see the big deal. most of the places i've lived in have housed murders or suspcious deaths or whatever at some point.

not that i had much to do with those murders and suspicious deaths mind you...

The only house i ever brought turned out to be where some guy hanged himself.

I had no idea until after i brought it and it didnt worry me in the least.

The place i live in now is close to 100 years old and I can assure u that there are plenty of ghosts in it.........I think they like me and look after me..........Ive been here about 10 years or so now and they have never hurt me...........well not to my knowledge.

rm1x said:
yeah i would'nt have a problem with it, people die everyday everywhere

That was going to be my exact response.

I would play it for all it was worth though to get a discount.

i would live there..... i dont even think it needs to be something that should be disclosed to buyers..... what happened previously in a house has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on what happens in the future..... i find it totally ridiculous.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.