Would "two-a-days" help increase gains while on cycle?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
So I started my cycle about 2 weeks ago. I'm already up 15+ pounds (10 more weeks to go). Would working out in the morning and then again at night help increase agains? Ie. working out chest and then back. Obviously mixing it up each day.

Depends on the person/recovery ability and type of training. Personally, I do better and look better training 4 days a week now than I ever did training 6 days a week or doing doubles

Unless you have ridiculous recovery or reduce the volume in your sessions, you're burning the candle at both ends. I can see it working if you have high aas doses, gh, and insulin in the mix but your training will have to change. Keep it simple, no need to over complicate things

Thanks for the replies guys. My recovery period is usually pretty fast. My dose isn't high per se (at least yet). Im currently running 500mg a week of Sust 250. In my 6th week, I will be bumping it up to 750. Would it be better if I waited till then?

Thanks again fellas,

Chris

Don’t think that’s gonna change much, or it hasn’t for me in the past at least. Like serotonin said, it’s a different ballgame for the dudes on 5 grams and growth/insulin but the majority of people are going to see better results from getting more recovery time over more training time within reason

Don’t think that’s gonna change much, or it hasn’t for me in the past at least. Like serotonin said, it’s a different ballgame for the dudes on 5 grams and growth/insulin but the majority of people are going to see better results from getting more recovery time over more training time within reason
Sounds good brotha, guess ill just stick with 1x a day then. When you talked about "change" were you talking about recovery or gains?

If you keep volume low each session, it is possible. Like 6-10 working sets per session. Great for strength training. It's how a lot of Olympic lifters train.

I've done it but I find that the time spent warming up makes it a bit too time consuming, and it can be hard to stay on a proper sleep schedule.

Last edited:
Sounds good brotha, guess ill just stick with 1x a day then. When you talked about "change" were you talking about recovery or gains?

Talking about the drug increase since you mentioned it. Wasn’t sure if it’s what you were implying but some guys think gear gives you superhuman recovery. Definitely improves it but your CNS is the real limiting factor and it can only take so much of a beating.

Actually read a quote from Jay cutler, think it was on PM, where he said he’s never taken a set to full failure in his entire career with CNS exhaustion being the reason.

Maybe the second session can be dedicated to small, secondary muscles that you don't really engage much but would like to enhance for aesthetical purposes .

Maybe the second session can be dedicated to small, secondary muscles that you don't really engage much but would like to enhance for aesthetical purposes .
The people I know who do 2 a days do it like that. Major compound movements Am with accessory isolation movements PM.

Thanks for the replies guys. I might look into that ^^. I did end up working out last night lol had nothing to do, so I just went haha (but it was major compound movements, instead of accessory). Might try that next time, if I do decide to do it.

Appreciate it fellas.

Last edited:
I should probably say additionally that while this advice, imo, applies to 90% of people, I have had personal friends that I’ve seen train 6-7 days a week and sometimes multiple times a day with incredibly resilient nervous systems.

One of my best friends in college played football for his first year (BIG D1 school) until concussions forced him to quit and moved onto the bbing scene after. I watched him train hard and heavy for 1.5-2 hours 7 days a week, sometimes twice a day, and it never seemed to impact strength/recovery and he never got injured. Easily the strongest dude in the student gym and since I knew he was broke as shit and he got all his gear from me, I knew what he was running and he never went over 500mg test a week with 300-400mg being the normal range.

Just to say that we don’t know you so you could be an insane outlier like this dude was but, generally speaking, that isn’t the case for most.

What you maybe can do is focus on compound exercises for the 2nd second training session of the day but then also only do it EOD. That would be my advice