• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Would Ocular Administration of a Buprenorphine Solution a Viable Idea?

Phil.McKeer

Bluelighter
Let's say I want to make a liquid bupe solution so I can taper into the microgram ranges (I'm talking like 100, 50 micrograms, in that range). I would normally drop such a solution under my tongue, but we all know the BA of that sucks, so I'd get 25 micrograms out of my presumed 50 actually binding.

What if I drop it into my eye? The vascular architecture there is much closer to my brain. The only questions I'd have are: are there mucous membranes in that area that can absorb the bupe? Will the solution be dangerous to apply to the eye?

Is this a retarded idea or could it work?

Anyone?

Lol interesting theory, but it would burn like hell and most likely cause damage, especially with repeated use.

- SS373dOH soul

why not use it as a nasal solution? I know the nasal solution would absorb better than it would orally

^This

There was a similar thread like this a few weeks ago.
Yes, there are small blood vessels in your eyes, but you gain nothing and risk blindness, so don't do it.

Wtf? Trolling? Just put it in your nose if you want a bioavailability and onset of action increase

Eye drops need to be prepared under sterile conditions. Pretty much doubt you have a laminar flow hood at home.

Yeah, this seems like a bad idea. I think it would work if you had a formula of buprenorphine designed for such use, but making your own solution seems like a really bad idea. Just think of how bad it is to shoot up suboxone/subutext tablets, and how much it hurts when you miss. It kind of makes me think that a home made 'ocular solution' (? IDK if that's what it'd be called) would be incredibly irritating.

Eye drops need to be prepared under sterile conditions. Pretty much doubt you have a laminar flow hood at home.

Eh, I've opened my eyes for hours in pools full of chlorine and urine. I doubt any of that was prepared under a laminar flow hood.

These drops would be something like 98% reverse osmosis water. The buprenorphine content of each drop will probably be roughly 50-100 micrograms.

Y'all sure you're not overreacting?

Edit: I can even get de-ionized sterile water if necessary. I'm pretty sure my starting supply of subutex is reasonably sterile.

No its not. Do what you want, but while systemic circulation can be reach for some drugs through ocular admin, I doubt bupe has been tested and since other routes are available, why risk it?

Why do you think they had chlorine in the pool water? To steralize it best they can.