• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids would norcos help with heroin withdrawals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomHero

Bluelighter
I've been smoking heroin for almost 5 months, I am on day 2 of withdrawals and feel many symptoms. Recently I have got my hands on some norcos and im wondering if i should take them for these tough heroin withdrawals, daily. I would say 1 to one and a half daily for a week or so?

I have a feeling this would work, I know Norcos are basically an opiate as well but its a good way to taper off from a bigger opiate like heroin am I not right?

Maybe this is in the wrong section but I figured this is drug chat so please excuse me if i was mistaken. Looking forward to replies, heroin withdrawal is the worst but a documentary gave me a whole new perspective on life and I'm ready to live a better life

Yes they will help with the symptoms, but isn't the point to get off of opiates to "get off of them". I use norcos(hydro's) as a daily maint. program but an opiate is an opiate is an opiate.

norcos will help with H w/d's..
I don't know how many you will need to be comfortable since it is rather weak compared to H, but you can find that out yourself.. take 1 and wait an hour, if you dont feel better take another. If 2 makes you feel normal stay on 2/day for a couple days then move to 1 1/2 a day for a week and then 1/day for a lil bit and then quit completely and you will have minimized your withdrawals.. the bad part about it is that you are going to stretch to w/d's over a couple/few weeks when you could get completely over H w/d's in about 5 days.

Yes they will help with the symptoms, but isn't the point to get off of opiates to "get off of them". I use norcos(hydro's) as a daily maint. program but an opiate is an opiate is an opiate.

well i would rather get off heroin, its much more expensive and damaging to the organs than

so what your saying is i would get withdrawals from norcos after using them to get off heroin?
Would I get withdrawals from the norcos even if I only use them for a week daily? or would i get my heroin withdrawals back?

sorry just confused lol :x

Yes they will help with the symptoms, but isn't the point to get off of opiates to "get off of them"

I see where your coming from, but the poster would be stepping down from a powderful opiate to a much weaker opioid. It's also much easier to taper with a pill than a street powder you know? For some people stepping down is the way to go.

well i would rather get off heroin, its much more expensive and damaging to the organs than

so what your saying is i would get withdrawals from norcos after using them to get off heroin?
Would I get withdrawals from the norcos even if I only use them for a week daily? or would i get my heroin withdrawals back?

sorry just confused lol :x

as was said above,, an opiate is an opiate is an opiate.. they are basically interchangeable with different strengths.. there's really no way to escape going into w/d's.. you will feel them at some point.

norcos will help with H w/d's..
I don't know how many you will need to be comfortable since it is rather weak compared to H, but you can find that out yourself.. take 1 and wait an hour, if you dont feel better take another. If 2 makes you feel normal stay on 2/day for a couple days then move to 1 1/2 a day for a week and then 1/day for a lil bit and then quit completely and you will have minimized your withdrawals.. the bad part about it is that you are going to stretch to w/d's over a couple/few weeks when you could get completely over H w/d's in about 5 days.

yeah thats exactly what i was thinking just keep it at 2 at the most a day when I'm most uncomfortable.

How will this strech withdrawals? arnt you basically substituting heroin withdrawals with just norco withdrawals?(if i even have norco withdrawals)

[EDIT: WOW! ALL THOSE RESPONSES shot up while I was typing mine. Good advice from everyone, I think. Sorry for redudancy. H-Dub sounds right on. You're not withdrawing from a specific opioid like heroin OR norco, just withdrawing from opioids. The main difference is that different opioids produce longer or shorter withdrawl syndromes. (2nd EDIT: okay, actually different opioids do have somewhat different receptor-activation profiles, and different methods of consumption may affect withdrawal symptoms--people who eat pills may get more stomach problems than injectors--so the withdrawal can feel a little different depending on what/how you used. Withdrawal is always simply exposed, screaming, unfilled opioid receptors, though.)]​

I assume you intend to get all the way through withdrawal and off opioids, so...

IN MY EXPERIENCE:
I remember once taking 2 Tylenol 3s in full-blown IV H withdrawal and got definitely noticeable relief for a couple hours... enough to almost cry in joy. So I imagine it'll make you feel better.... but it will also prolong the withdrawal process slightly.

I would most certainly take them, but that doesn't mean it's the best idea for you.

With a modest smoking habit (I'm assuming that you weren't smoking grams and grams daily), you might well be through the worst in 3-4 days (you didn't say how often/how much you smoked or how bad the withdrawal has gotten).

Here's the tradeoff:
-without the norco helpers it'll be a shorter, more intense process
-with norcos a considerably longer, but somewhat less intense withdrawal (just a guess: add 1/3 - 1/2 a day for every day you take small amounts of norco without ever actually temporarily abolishing the withdrawal symptoms).

Remember, cold turkey (ct) will only last the next few days. If you wanna get off dope, you might be able to brave the ct -- if you think so, consider flushing 'em (scratch that! never flush drugs; give 'em to someone who can use them to get well).

Or, perhaps have a trusted friend hold your norcos for you in case you can't bear it after a couple days, and ask him/her to dole one at a time. If you have them handy, it's hard to imagine not taking them! Just make sure to never take yourself completely out of withdrawal or you can actually reset the withdrawal clock completely (this can be true even after you've stopped noticing withdrawal symptoms at all -- very cruel trickster, the opioid!)

Taking 1-1.5 norcos a day seems a reasonable idea for cushioning the fall, but remember, you WILL stretch the withdrawal. If you go that way, I'd suggest you reduce the number of norcos AND (this part people usually fail to do) also increase the interval between dosing: e.g., start by taking 1 pill every 24 hours if you can, then 1 after 36 hrs, then maybe 2/3 or 3/4 of a pill after 36 hrs, then 1/2 after 36 or 40, 1/2 or 1/3 after 48 -- by then you may be done. That's a rapid drop, based on my assumption that you have a relatively moderate tolerance.

I'm just guessing at numbers, but the principle should be the same for anyone: if you want to withdraw, but don't wanna do ct or get medical supervision, then decrease the dose and increase the interval.

No matter what, I suggest you NEVER take enough to feel "good" or complete relief -- assuming your goal is to withdraw completely. It can "reset the clock" on your withdrawal.

(There are plenty of other tricks, like "comfort meds"; or taking Loperamide HcL [aka Immodium] to greatly mitigate the horrors of ct withdrawal; or 1-2 liters of tonic water a day to get enough quinine to soothe the jumpy, restless legs somewhat. Etc.)

PM me if you want to and I'll do my best to respond -- I'm not a very good junky, so I AM good at withdrawal haha! I'm always dopesick and know way too much about it!

Last edited:
if you were to just stop H cold turkey you would be over wd's in about 5days.. if you stretch it out with the norcos you will be w/ding while you're on them if you don't take enough and when you come off of them you WILL have an opiate w/d to go through at some point if you were/are addicted to them.. those are the rules.. you gotta pay to play.

you gotta pay to play.
True that! I'm a terrible dopefiend -- I get sick for > 24hours at least once every couple weeks, sometimes more, and the mantra that keeps me going is: "Nothing for free, gotta pay sooner or later!"

True that! I'm a terrible dopefiend -- I get sick for > 24hours at least once every couple weeks, sometimes more, and the mantra that keeps me going is: "Nothing for free, gotta pay sooner or later!"

Fuck that, I have a three day-on four day-off system. After enough times I've actually learned my lesson and am pretty disciplined when it comes to taking drugs; I haven't had WD symptoms since.

Anyways I would suggest not taking something as strong as norcos. Something weak like tylenol 3 or darvocet would make you feel better and wouldn't prolong the withdraw as much. Nothing is going to be like H, so you might as well go with the weakest.

They will hep with symptoms, but will prolong withdrawal. You're already 2 days in so why bother.

If you take the norcos take the lowest amount possible to relieve symptoms slightly, and lower the dose every day down to nothing.

Fuck that, I have a three day-on four day-off system. ...I've actually learned my lesson ... haven't had WD symptoms since..
Interesting. I'm not sure that works for everyone (even if they did that exact regimen, I think some people would get noticably sick everytime, at least after the first months or so). Just extrapolating from various people's using patterns, none as rigid as that, though. We're talking H right? Doubt those intervals would do it for 'done or suboxone or other long-acting opioids.
Interesting, though. Thanks for the share

Interesting. I'm not sure that works for everyone (even if they did that exact regimen, I think some people would get noticably sick everytime, at least after the first months or so). Just extrapolating from various people's using patterns, none as rigid as that, though. We're talking H right? Doubt those intervals would do it for 'done or suboxone or other long-acting opioids.
Interesting, though. Thanks for the share

Not H anymore, I'm not sure I would be so disciplined if it was H. Luckily my tolerance stays pretty low so I can get by with pills.

^ @NB22, I'll give that a shot.
(Or, I'll try to give that a try haha! You know how it goes with plans to get disciplined "starting -- now..... Ok, for real this time, starting -- now..." ;) )
Actually I made that work for a while with Suboxone maintenance and weekend "vacations" on H or pills, but that doesn't really count since Subx is an opioid, and also cuz in the long run I couldn't keep it up without hitting precipitated withdrawal upon returning from vacation.
But, seriously, I'm going to try again
-- wait for it --
Now!

I'm veering off topic. Sorry OP!

[Edit: P.s. I remembered that I started really having problems with that when doing methadone vacations off of Subx. Talk about a waste of withdrawal! Double the pain, a tenth of the euphoria! :( ]

I've been smoking heroin for almost 5 months, I am on day 2 of withdrawals and feel many symptoms. Recently I have got my hands on some norcos and im wondering if i should take them for these tough heroin withdrawals, daily. I would say 1 to one and a half daily for a week or so?

I have a feeling this would work, I know Norcos are basically an opiate as well but its a good way to taper off from a bigger opiate like heroin am I not right?

Maybe this is in the wrong section but I figured this is drug chat so please excuse me if i was mistaken. Looking forward to replies, heroin withdrawal is the worst but a documentary gave me a whole new perspective on life and I'm ready to live a better life

Dont want to sound to much like a dick but come on seriously? You do herion and dont know that any opiate which of coarse Norco is will help with withdrawal symptoms. But its just going to drag it out. Replaceing one opiate with another isnt going to get you out of the dark.

Dont want to sound to much like a dick but come on seriously? You do herion and dont know that any opiate which of coarse Norco is will help with withdrawal symptoms. But its just going to drag it out. Replaceing one opiate with another isnt going to get you out of the dark.

i agree with half your post.

Yes, norcos are an opiate(a comparatively mild one at that) and definitely would help your heroin WD's if used correctly.

But, it may prolong your WD's for a bit longer, but that prolonging effect is a good one because it makes the intensity of the WD's much less and MUCH easier to cope with. I never understood why people had a problem with people using opiates to "prolong" there withdrawals so they can make it an easier experience for them. If it helps the pain and suffering so what if it causes the WD symptoms to last a bit longer?....atleast the WD symptoms wont be nearly as horrible as they would have been without the norcos.

don't take them to stave off withdrawals, but take the MINIMUM it takes to feel good, and taper down rapidly, then keep them for those really bad days when you are in Post-Withdrawal

Ibogain or sleep therapy

Iv got the best list of meds for a 4 day sleep therapy.ull feel good,nt sick and be withdraw free after just four days.message me if u wnt tha list...and have u peeps heard of ibogain or ashwanda,look it up.care for herion withdraw and addiction.screw methadone,subatex,naltroxone,nalaxone ect

Iv got the best list of meds for a 4 day sleep therapy.ull feel good,nt sick and be withdraw free after just four days.message me if u wnt tha list...and have u peeps heard of ibogain or ashwanda,look it up.care for herion withdraw and addiction.screw methadone,subatex,naltroxone,nalaxone ect

Why don't you post the list? Preferably in an active thread and not in a thread that's 6 years old.
And honestly it sound kinda shady and just so you know, selling drugs etc is not allowed here, not even in PMs.
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.