• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids would kratom allow a smooth recovery if worst case i got addicted to tianeptine?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
I would certainly not want to or except to but I was so afraid of the horror stories of withdrawal being as bad or worse than heroin that I was too scared to try it. Well I still have mind crushing depression so I have to try something and my parents are visiting soon which I always dread as it multiplies my depression by around 10 times while they are here and they tell me off for not being more socialiable which only tightens the mental vice like grip. I could not imagine myself becoming a 5-7 gram a day user like those guys who had horrible withdrawals were using but I always like to plan for worse cases. So say one did get addicted would kratom allow for a smooth recovery? If it works for heroin I guess it would work for this too?

Are you planning to get high on it? Because at the recommended 12.5 mg three times a day, it's doubtful that you'd have any meaningful opiate withdrawals. What you need to remember is that this is an anti-depressant as well, you get withdrawals from these too.

No I dont intend to get high from it only to use it therapeutically for depression and not every day just for acute as required usage. Ive always avoidedanti depressants because i hate the idea of the schtick they tell you that you have to take it 24/7 indefinitely. which is why tianeptine has appealed to me because I believe depression can be beaten if you can blast yourself in to a motivated socially outgoing state at specific times rather than being drugged up constantly.

I don't know who has been giving you information, but anti-depressants are not a life time sentence. Nor are they being "drugged up constantly". There's a big range of drugs given legally for depression in varying dosages. Taking an opiate is not the best way of approaching the problem