• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Would/Does 4-FA Show up on an AMP/METH urine test? Opinions? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keseyhitchens

Bluelighter
Ive read no on this reddit thread but, 4-FA is a substituted amphetamine so I don't know if I buy what the guy on reddit wa saying. I'm getting some 3-MMC w--

I don't know much about chemistry nor do I know anything about 4-FAs metabolites. I think a safe bet is to assume that if a chemical is a substituted amphetamine of any sort, then it will run a risk of giving a false positive.

Hell, even Bupropion (Wellbutrin) is known to cause false positives for amphetamines. If Bupropion is capable of it then I'm sure that 4-FA is as well. I wouldn't be surprised if 3-MMC causes false positives either

With a fluorine atom in place of a hydrogen, the size of the atom barely changes, but fluorine is much more electroattractive and it causes it to make the molecule more polar, more water soluble than amphetamine. I don't know, if they use chromatography it might show as amp, if it's immunoassay then definetly it shouldn't
if i'm not mistaking

Yea from the answers i'm getting I'm not gonna risk it. I can't risk it. I just want a recreational stimulant for my chemical collection that won't show up on a 5 panel urine test. MDMA does. This 4-FA is a question mark, it has amphetamine in its name and I don't know what type of test they use. As long as I have a prescription for something it's fine so a false positive with wellbutrin wouldn't matter if I took it. That's what allows me to have a rich benzo collection because I'm prescribed them, for a legitimate reason too but they don't even test ne for them anyway. When i start college back up again i'm gonna try and get concerta, again for a legitimate reason. About the 3/4 MMC, I've read a lot and the consensus i'm getting is that it doesn't show up as AMP/METH but I am going to test that theory myself. Hey do either of you two know if ritalin shows up on a 5 panel. I've read yes and no but meprobamatedowned, you seem to know more about the chemistry so what is your opinion? Also thank you for taking the time to answer, both of you.

cathinones don't show as amps but they do show as cathinones, and it's often part of the tests nowadays be wary of that

I don't know, if they use chromatography it might show as amp, if it's immunoassay then definetly it shouldn't
if i'm not mistaking
If it is an immunoassay it could be variable depending on what face of the molecule the antibody recognizes. Assuming they are using a monoclonal antibody (polyclonal antibodyies would be a set of many antibodies produced by immunizing an animal and then extracting the antibodies via epitope chromatography), it could bind in a way that isn't blocked by the fluorine electronegativity.

Really the only way to tell is by doing the experiment and seeing if it does or not (assuming that different drug test brands use similar antibodies, which is a fairly large assumption).

If it is an immunoassay it could be variable depending on what face of the molecule the antibody recognizes. Assuming they are using a monoclonal antibody (polyclonal antibodyies would be a set of many antibodies produced by immunizing an animal and then extracting the antibodies via epitope chromatography), it could bind in a way that isn't blocked by the fluorine electronegativity.

Really the only way to tell is by doing the experiment and seeing if it does or not (assuming that different drug test brands use similar antibodies, which is a fairly large assumption).
yeah that's what i thought too... really you have to take the test. but don't do any 4-fa then, don't risk anything

Status
Not open for further replies.