• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Worst name YOU ever heard?

Dickie Bird

Veteran%20umpire%20Harold%20'Dickie'%20Bird,%20who%20has%20been%20awarded%20an%20OBE

Last edited:
For some odd reason the name "Melvin" really gets under my skin... No offense to any "Melvin's" out there though, of course.

I worked in telco for a few years and would see hundreds of customers a week all which I needed to take drivers licences or passports for.
Worst i ever saw was Suk Mi Wang - I shit you not. She was a wonderful young lady!
I saw so many so frequently I cant remember any more right now apart from the above.

There is a real estate agent in my town whos name is Michael Michaels :D

Ladasha spelled La-a. That dash aint silent. Your kid will have no chance if you do this.

"Shooting an offensive missile into a vehicle" is an intriguing crime..... so many things come to mind....especially a mind in the gutter.=D

I hate the "crazy name" threads because I doubt them. I remember hearing the "Shithead" (Shithayd) urban legend starting at least 20 years ago by my own racist family. And I doubt anyone like genericmind who relays the usual "lemonjello" and "orangejello" crap you hear all the time.

Until I experienced it on my own. I wish to hell we were allowed cameras in the facility, because this was comedy gold and I would have loved proof. I worked in a jail and we had two inmates come in together. Shittarea and Shattia. Shit and Shat. I couldn't believe it when I saw their floor cards and the logbook, so I went into the pod and was like

me: "hey ladies, so you sisters?"
them: "No, why"
me: "No reason"

Shit and Shat just happened to be booked in close to the same time, but not related. It was beautiful and a highlight of my career. I only wished they could have been sisters. I never would have stopped hunting their mom down for the ultimate details on how and why she settled on those names.

My other favorite was when I was pregnant, so on light duty and worked personnel. An employee was newly married and we received the birth cert for his wife and kid for insurance.

Wife name: Aquanette. Yes, like the hairspray.

Child: Trulee Unique

I am not sure what the up to date facepalm meme is but I would be putting it here if I did.

I hate the "crazy name" threads because I doubt them. I remember hearing the "Shithead" (Shithayd) urban legend starting at least 20 years ago by my own racist family. And I doubt anyone like genericmind who relays the usual "lemonjello" and "orangejello" crap you hear all the time.

Until I experienced it on my own. I wish to hell we were allowed cameras in the facility, because this was comedy gold and I would have loved proof. I worked in a jail and we had two inmates come in together. Shittarea and Shattia. Shit and Shat. I couldn't believe it when I saw their floor cards and the logbook, so I went into the pod and was like

me: "hey ladies, so you sisters?"
them: "No, why"
me: "No reason"

Shit and Shat just happened to be booked in close to the same time, but not related. It was beautiful and a highlight of my career. I only wished they could have been sisters. I never would have stopped hunting their mom down for the ultimate details on how and why she settled on those names.

My other favorite was when I was pregnant, so on light duty and worked personnel. An employee was newly married and we received the birth cert for his wife and kid for insurance.

Wife name: Aquanette. Yes, like the hairspray.

Child: Trulee Unique

I am not sure what the up to date facepalm meme is but I would be putting it here if I did.

Sounds like you had a pretty cool job.

I, legitimately IRL, knew a Vagena [sic], and a Randy Cox. Not to mention any number of ludicrous basically made up from whole cloth "ethnic" names, but I guess they are the standard in certain, uh, communities...

Freakonomics said:
“I sent her out of the courtroom so I could talk to her mother about why she named her daughter Temptress,” the judge later recalled. “She said she was watching The Cosby Show and liked the young actress. I told her the actress’s name was actually Tempestt Bledsoe. She said she found that out later, that they had misspelled the name. I asked her if she knew what ‘temptress’ meant, and she said she also found that out at some later point. Her daughter was charged with ungovernable behavior, which included bringing men into the home while the mother was at work. I asked the mother if she had ever thought the daughter was living out her name. Most all of this went completely over her head.”

Was Temptress actually “living out her name,” as Judge Duggan saw it? Or would she have wound up in trouble even if her mother had called her Chastity?

It isn’t much of a stretch to assume that Temptress didn’t have ideal parents. Not only was her mother willing to name her Temptress in the first place, but she wasn’t smart enough to know what that word even meant. Nor is it so surprising, on some level, that a boy named Amcher would end up in family court. People who can’t be bothered to come up with a name for their child aren’t likely to be the best parents either.

I was working on a 5-year long FDA-mandated medical tracker study in the past. We got 144 new names in every week from people who were called and agreed to the study. I saw some truly bad ones. The ones I remember were:

Muh'Kay'Luh
ESPN (all caps - we called the parent to verify. They said it was pronounced "Espin" though)

Well those are the two that stick out. I always thought Dweasel was an awful thing to name a kid.

My mom went to grade school with a Richard Head, who went by Dick. My friend's mom told us a story about how she went to school with two twin girls named Ima and Ura Pigg. But we think she wads making it up because she likes to make up stories and then insist to the grave that they're true.