• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Worried about mixing

tba08700

Greenlighter
feel I have a high tolerance now, I can take 350mg of tramadol and it does nothing now, pain or euphoria. I have been taking 30mg of dihydrocodeine as well which I do get a decent pain relief. Also very talkative all day, although I'm on fluoxetine for depression so I think there working. Anyway often I also take upto 180mg of codeine and sometimes 5-10mg of diazepam. That just knocks me to sleep. I have been ok doing this for maybe 2 weeks now so would you say I can tolerate it and I won't od. Just been reading about falling asleep and not waking up so I have got scared. Is it pretty safe to say if I don't take anything else after say 5pm then by 12pm if I sleep I will wake up?
Thankyou

Those are within prescribed doses so I would think you'd be okay... Honestly, the risk between those two drugs is respiratory depression, which you can feel and comes on more along the lines of oblivion, which from your typing I'm guessing you're not close to. The stories about falling asleep and dying are, I believe, more from stacked gabaergics like alcohol and barbs.

I'd be more worried about the potential dangerous interactions between Tramadol and Fluoxetine. Don't combine them, Antidepressants+Tramadol is always bad news due to the probability of Serotonine Syndrom and such.

Just a little update. I am still on prozac which has helped my depression. Also on 400mg tramadol a day and 240mg-300mg of dihydrocodeine. This hardly effects me anymore pain killing or high. This worrys me because the doc says I am getting a high tolerance. But is it really a high tolerance compared to say oxys. Like if I took 1 oxycodone would that do anything? Thanks

Not trying to breach harm reduction advice or anything, but honestly - all the doses you have mentioned are incredibly low. It actually sounds like you have nearly NO opiate tolerance. So while your tolerance would make it incredibly dangerous to mix benzos and opiates - the doses you've mentioned are therapudict (not recreational) doses. Honestly it would be mind-blowingly rare/unlikely to overdose from <300mg + <20mg of diazapam (valium). Not that I am saying not to be careful; benzos and opiates are absolutely a recipe for disaster and I'm sure people have OD'd on very low doses of incredibly weak drugs (like codeine and/or valium) but it must be incredibly uncommon.

honestly - the drugs you talk about are the weakest examples of benzos and opiates and the doses you refer to are absolute minimum / threshold doses.. Most ODs are more commonly related to stronger benzos (like xanax) and stronger opiates; like heroin, methadone, etc.

So, whilst always practice safety and caution, I definitely wouldn't blow your buzz by being paranoid about it. Those are really, really borderline doses and well within the prescribed ranges that a doctor would put someone on. Opiates + benzos always pose a risk, but if you're going to take the combination, I find it hard to imagine a safer choice of drugs and dose than what you mention.

EDIT: Also, I didn't mention dihydrocodeine - it is also a pretty poor recreational opioid - it offers very little euphoria - although, it is good for pain and it is EXCELLENT to help get through withdrawals of more potent opioids, but it really doesn't give you much of a buzz. Further - 30mg is WELL below a threshold recreational dose..

I'd be more worried about the potential dangerous interactions between Tramadol and Fluoxetine. Don't combine them, Antidepressants+Tramadol is always bad news due to the probability of Serotonine Syndrom and such.

Sorry, I forgot about the tramadol. Yeah - whilst being an incredibly weak and worthless opioid, it IS an anti-depressant (SNRI I think) and overall it's a REALLY REALLY REALLY fucking shitty choice of recreational drug; if you get hooked on tramadol you'll ultimately suffer severe withdrawals despite getting almost nothing from it (recreationally speaking). There are SO many better recreation opioids/opiates (like - ANY of them).

Just a little update. I am still on prozac which has helped my depression. Also on 400mg tramadol a day and 240mg-300mg of dihydrocodeine. This hardly effects me anymore pain killing or high. This worrys me because the doc says I am getting a high tolerance. But is it really a high tolerance compared to say oxys. Like if I took 1 oxycodone would that do anything? Thanks

240mg-300mg of dihydrocodeine is not even touching a recreational dose of oxy.. You would definitely get high taking oxy.

Thanks for the replys ? I used to get high off of 1 tramadol lol so definitely built a tolerance. I thought taking 8 dihydrocodeine an 8 tramadol at the same time was a lot? Isn't dihydrocodeine supposed to be 1.5x stronger than codeine?

What is the max recreational dose of dihydrocodeine and also what is a good amount for a nice high? Thanks

With dihydrocodeine it all depends on your tolerance, as there's no ceiling dose (although the histamine reaction at high doses can be awful). I started out taking about 120mg to catch a buzz, buy the end of my dihydrocodeine usage i would take between 400 and 700mg redosing several times a day. It wasn't long before dihydrocodeine just wasn't satisfying enough and I moved upto H. Being as dihydrocodeine is considered a weak opiate, I was surprised that although H was stronger, it wasn't that much stronger. Not preaching, just be careful as seemingly harmless weak opiate use can lead to stronger things. As for your original question, take an extra 120-150mg on top of what you'd normally take, it should feel pretty good, don't top up though. I've always found codeine/dihydrocodeine work much better as a single dose. If you haven't taken enough, wait a few hours before trying again and take more. Also taking on an empty stomach improves things alot in my opinion.

Stay safe

Thanks for the reply zebedee.

I just don't understand the dihydrocodeine tho. I used to take like up to 300mg of cwe ccodein and my regular 400mg tramadol and get a little something but now today for example, I have took the usual tramadol but have had 300mg of dihydrocodeine. That's like 600-750mg of codine. How am I not feeling anything? What would anyone recommend I get changed to? Thanks.

In my experience codeine and dihydrocodeine are of similar strength, I know dihydrocodeine is supposed to be stronger, but I've always found them about the same. Maybe it just depends on different peoples metabolism. Morphine would be the next logical step if your not getting anything off what your already taking. Are you getting these meds legitimately prescribed? Or have you got access to pretty much whatever you want?

In my experience codeine and dihydrocodeine are of similar strength, I know dihydrocodeine is supposed to be stronger, but I've always found them about the same. Maybe it just depends on different peoples metabolism. Morphine would be the next logical step if your not getting anything off what your already taking. Are you getting these meds legitimately prescribed? Or have you got access to pretty much whatever you want?

It really depends what you want out of it. IME codeine is a MUCH better (far more euphoric) buzz.. DHC on the other hand does fucking wonders for you when you're dope sick.. I've come off pretty serious habits before, being quite sick, taken a bottle of Riko in the morning and it's held me just fine all day.. The same dose of Codeine never would and a dose of codeine that does hold you, never holds you for a day.

So, yeah.. if I were going to recommend a recreational drug, I'd say go with codeine.. on the other hand, if you're an opiate addict and you need to get to work and not be sick, then dhc all the way.