Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

World Cup 2006. AUST. vs URUGUAY

onetwothreefour said:
OMFG.

that was an amazing game. hilarious situation - i was at acmi (in melbourne) at the cinemateque as they were showing godard films that i'd never seen before (for the unitiated: godard = 75 year-old french film-maker whom i am obsessed with; never has films showing, well, anywhere), so i couldn't miss it. i come out at like nine p.m. to go to the toilet and i can hear the crowd outside (watching the game on the big screen at fed square going nuts) and i'm thinking 'fuck, i hope i don't hear about the results after the movie'. (i was taping the game, so i could watch it when i got home.)

so the film finishes at about eleven p.m. and this guy walks in and says, 'hey sorry guys, but try to hurry out of the building. there are security concerns because of the soccer and there are people everywhere'.

'shit,' i think (assuming he's overestimating the crowd thing). i go out and it's fucking pandemonium. people EVERYWHERE - the whole flinders/swanston area blocked off by police, cars and taxis all over the shop tooting their horns, streamers covering the ground/air/sky... just totally fucking crazy.

so by that stage i was kinda thinking perhaps we'd won. still got home at 1.20am and watched the full game.

and it was brilliant. i'm proposing to mark schwartzer some time in the next week :)

As much as I appeciate your Mod work...

You are un-Australian for not watching that match live. :)

What a fantastic effort by Australia - I can't believe we're IN! We are going to Germany! =D =D

So sad that Johnny Warren couldn't see this effort, I watch the World Game religiously (particularly when it was on for 6 hours two years ago) and when they came down to Melbourne, I got to meet Johnny. He seemed so nice, even though he was starting to get sick there and gave me a copy of his book.

All systems go in trying to get to Germany...
My ultimate career would be a media position with Australian soccer...

MazDan said:
Raving Loony..............who are you?

Damn I must know you man.

I've always got time for fellow man of the Green and Gold army. I know you feel about not going because of what has gone on in the past (I was a at the Iran game too), but seriously despite not feeling confident coming in I had to go. It was a very expensive trip, but worth every dollar.

I can't believe anyone hasn't picked up on this, but what about the commentary from Craig Foster at the end of the penalty shootout.

Simon Hill - "If Aloisi scores this Australia are going to the World Cup"
Craig Foster - "Are you sure?"
Simon Hill (laughing) - "I'm pretty sure"

(SCORES!)

Craig Foster - Yeah!

John!

C'mon!

Goal my son!

Golden boys!

C'mon Australia!

Johnny Warren!

They've done it!

The final moments of the game caught on SBS and amatuer video are linked below.

SBS footage

Amatuer footage

It still makes me cry!

^^ LOL my brother sent me the MP3 - it's awesome!

iamtha1: Probably more ultimate job than career - from the journo's i know in the oz-fitba world it's not the easiest option but they seem to get alot out of it when they aren't being shafted by their editors!!

I read in the paper on friday that there was over 3 million people who watched the game, More people watched the soccer than on the Grand Final Footy day!!!!