• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

World Cup 2006. AUST. vs URUGUAY

That was insane. THe atmosphere at the ground was so intense.

It's been far too long coming.

So so drained and my voice is in tatters.

Take that you stumpy Uruguayan footballing cheats!

GERMANY HERE WE COME!!!

FUCKIN GIDDY UP

dont give a fuck if we lost every game over there (which we wont) we got there...

SUCK THE FUCKIN PUSS URUGUAY!

you cheating fuckin pricks!

Oh my, oh my, oh my.

Spent most of the night celebrating and it still hasn't sunk in.

Melbourne was on fire last night after the game: flares, car horns blaring, people hanging out of convertibles, and the cops were just sitting and watching, enjoying the moment with the rest of us - onya fellas! It was like being back in Europe.

As for the game, how good was Harry?

QUE SERA SERA,

WHATEVER WILL BE WILL BE.

WE'RE GOING TO GERMANY,

QUE SERA SERA!!

I have never, never cried, swore and yelled so much in my life. For twenty minutes after Aloisi scored the final penalty the waterworks were still flowing. Making the world cup just meant so much to me and to have to catch 5 hours worth of buses/trains, plus catch a flight into Mascot airport and to have actually witnessed such drama in person just made for the best feeling ever. I must have hugged or kissed at least twenty men and women I didn't know. I'm sure there is some footage of me celebrating in front of SBS cameras as I was hamming it up big time. I still haven't had a proper sleep yet, my pre-booked 6am flight back to Melbourne Avalon airport was a killer! So much booze was still rolling around gutty wutts that I swear I was going to hurl.

I've already told my boss that I am holidaying in Gemany for the World Cup next year. I don't care if I don't see a single game live, I just have to be part of the experience.

As for the game. Fuck you Uruguay (team not country), fuck you! I've never seen such poor gamesmanship, particularly in the first few minutes of the half and yet the ref bought it. The ref would blow fouls on the most inoccuous bits of play acting and it was fitting (sarcasm) that the only player booked for diving was an Aussie. The ref was so bad it got to the point where I said to my mates that, I don't care how we win. We just must win at all costs, because if we don't the ref (let alone the Uruguayian team) wouldn't make it out of the country alive because me and my pipe hittin' niggas would be out with baseball bats and blow torches hunting down their asses.

That being said on the balance of genuine shots on goals and chances from the both legs combined Uruguay deserved to go through. They are a team of class players and they can play great football. No doubt about it, I just wish they would stop this pathetic seige mentality that everyone is agains them. At the last world cup, Uruguay played the most boring football up until mid-way through the second half of the final game against Senegal. In fact that half was so good I was wanting them to go through so I could see quality footballers playing at the knockout stages, but sadly for Uruguay they didn't.

Bring on the World Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy!

Wow, my prophecy was spot on.

I went out to dinner for a cheap pub meal with a few mates and ended up shitfaced, watching the penalty shoot-out, with a mouthful of steak. I don't think I could of been happier.

Damn ozbreaker, it would of been so intense at the game.

I still can't beleive Schwartzer saved 2. Man he's a god.

Im getting goosebumps watching this thread,

I was so proud to watch the game last night, one of the best games.

I was at the pub, and i didnt realise that there was going to be the extra time, so there i was kicking and screaming, drowning my sorrows, then i noticed they had kick off again. The load was taken off my shoulders......

Harry Kewel played an exellent game.......and i was very dispointed with vidukas all round preformance in both soccer games!

Germany 2006 here we go

seriously, what is Viduka's capre?? If he doesn't wanna play for australia, surely he should should just fuck off....

You two should get a clue.

What the fuck makes you think he doesn't want to play for australia? the fact that he said this is his biggest honour and there is nothing he wants more than to qualify? or the fact that he has always been there when we have played, no matter what pressure his club put him under?

In montevideo he was a rock up front causing them no end of grief - absolutely dominated and brought others into the game. So much so that Uruguay surrounded him with three players all game last night. Why do you think Harry and the others had so much room?

I doubt there was anyone more distressed at the penalty miss than Viduka. Bagging his commitment to the cause is down right offensive.

Not very aussie i know but... FUCK YOU URUAGUY!!!!!

Ozbreaker i am so jeleous of you, had a legal studies exam thismorning adn i decided last night that my priorities would have to be broken as the soccer was WAAY to important.

Viduka was fantastic despite his missed penatly, he tried just as hard as anyone, it was plain obdvious he was absolutely fucked after 2 hours of play, and have as said above 3 players on him, however Harry was a fucking genius, hmm, now i just have to get over to germany for it.... 3 trips to europe in the space of a year a bit to many i thinks :S

quiet roar said:
the fact that he said this is his biggest honour and there is nothing he wants more than to qualify? or the fact that he has always been there when we have played, no matter what pressure his club put him under?

I mean no offence, but that penalty was one of the most lacklustre efforts I've seen, he's a world class striker, and I'm pretty sure he's the main penalty taker for Boro and even still, not even forcing a save from a penalty is a cardinal sin in soccer,

But alll that aside, at the end of the day he's a soccer player, and it's not like he'll say that he couldn't give two shits about australia qualifying or not is it??

ozbreaker where where you sitting?

My ticket to Germany '06.
My%20ticket%20to%20Germany!!!.jpg

As great as it all has been, I'm still extremely sad that Johnny Warren couldn't have seen the vast improvements that have been made in the last year because of all his hard work. I love Johnny!!!! *sniff*

^^^ yer same!!!
I think many people were thinking of him yesterday, he would have been so proud......................." i told you so"

What a fantastic game. We were on the edge of our seats the whole way through!!

Being a rugby man from way back, I have to admit I've been converted =D

I was really surprised in how excited I was after the result came our way. Gawd, I think i even had thoughts of a german trip ;)

Raving Loony..............who are you?

Damn I must know you man.

I didnt go to the game last night...........I couldnt, I just couldnt have handled it if we lost again.

I have been involved in football at the highest levels here in Australia since I was about 18 years old..........its the main reason im not married and the reason why all my mates are so young...........they are all players or ex players.

I personally know many of the lads who were out there last night and others who are knocking on the door and likely to be there in 06.

I to cried like a baby for ages afterwards along with a small group of lads who came over to watch last night.

Im still coming to terms with it all. Johnny Warren was a personal friend and yes he would be looking down proudly now and if I could have one wish it would be that he was still alive to have seen it.

The ramifications of this victory cannot be understood in its true enormity by anyone other than those who have been involved for some time with football..........it is far more wide reaching than what even the news reports have suggested.

This is massive.

The Sleeping Giant has finally awoken and may all cower in its shadow.

OMFG.

that was an amazing game. hilarious situation - i was at acmi (in melbourne) at the cinemateque as they were showing godard films that i'd never seen before (for the unitiated: godard = 75 year-old french film-maker whom i am obsessed with; never has films showing, well, anywhere), so i couldn't miss it. i come out at like nine p.m. to go to the toilet and i can hear the crowd outside (watching the game on the big screen at fed square going nuts) and i'm thinking 'fuck, i hope i don't hear about the results after the movie'. (i was taping the game, so i could watch it when i got home.)

so the film finishes at about eleven p.m. and this guy walks in and says, 'hey sorry guys, but try to hurry out of the building. there are security concerns because of the soccer and there are people everywhere'.

'shit,' i think (assuming he's overestimating the crowd thing). i go out and it's fucking pandemonium. people EVERYWHERE - the whole flinders/swanston area blocked off by police, cars and taxis all over the shop tooting their horns, streamers covering the ground/air/sky... just totally fucking crazy.

so by that stage i was kinda thinking perhaps we'd won. still got home at 1.20am and watched the full game.

and it was brilliant. i'm proposing to mark schwartzer some time in the next week :)