• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

WORK SUCKS: Talk About Your Job

I’m sorry to be so graphic + TMI, but this can be of benefit to someone here 🦠.

These are the reagent strips doctors + labs use. They come in a bottle of 100, + they indicate up to 10 issues (including ketosis, high glucose, and more), and they’re less than $20 on eBay (maybe Amazon carries them too, now?)

People suspecting they have a UTI, often head to the area of the drugstore where lubricants + douches are found. A pack of 3 urine tests is $12 - $15. And these only show the presence of WBCs and RBCs.

I work in traffic management now, its fucking boring! Most of the time its come in, do a lane closure (15-60mins) then sit in the van and wait 5-8 hours for some other company to do their thing, then take the lane closure off at the end and go home.
Can't really moan too much because its really easy money and its shift pay so we always get paid for 12 hours even if we only do 8, but its just sooo boring, the guy I work with is kinda square so no way id get away with doing cheeky keys or whatever while killing time and i cant risk having a polo or being incoherent from jabbing up, although i have been pushing it a bit and doing hits like an hour before i start lol.
I just hate it when time drags.
Sometimes its better and we have to work for like 5 hours at the start then only wait around a few, i much prefer actually feeling like ive done a hard graft, not just sitting in a van doing fuck all all night.
A few times we've been on a maintenance job where we literally come in for a few hours and wash a few cones or change a few batterys and fuck off and clock in for 12 hours. Swings and roundabouts really i just HATE being bored/when it drags, thank fuck for mobile phones and mobile internet, im rinsing through my data loads quicker though

Meh. I just wish i could get away with doing K in the van 😂

I work in traffic management now, its fucking boring! Most of the time its come in, do a lane closure (15-60mins) then sit in the van and wait 5-8 hours for some other company to do their thing, then take the lane closure off at the end and go home.
Can't really moan too much because its really easy money and its shift pay so we always get paid for 12 hours even if we only do 8, but its just sooo boring, the guy I work with is kinda square so no way id get away with doing cheeky keys or whatever while killing time and i cant risk having a polo or being incoherent from jabbing up, although i have been pushing it a bit and doing hits like an hour before i start lol.
I just hate it when time drags.
Sometimes its better and we have to work for like 5 hours at the start then only wait around a few, i much prefer actually feeling like ive done a hard graft, not just sitting in a van doing fuck all all night.
A few times we've been on a maintenance job where we literally come in for a few hours and wash a few cones or change a few batterys and fuck off and clock in for 12 hours. Swings and roundabouts really i just HATE being bored/when it drags, thank fuck for mobile phones and mobile internet, im rinsing through my data loads quicker though

Meh. I just wish i could get away with doing K in the van 😂
I live in the remote countryside area.In summertime collect herbs and mushrooms from the forest and meadows which i sell.Work also on construction sites.Have a garden with vegetables and herbs.Autumn prepare em,conservate em dry em for winter months....so part of our food comes from my garden and forest.Winter stay mostly at house besides the fire,reading and workin from PC.Its freezing in the mountain at winter.Make good red wine too.Cheers!

I work a quite weird hermaphrodite job
I'm a musician, primarily, street musician for years, bars later, got into DJing,
but slided into music therapy some time ago after the overdose of a friend, as I always wanted to do social work.
I have got into other forms of therapy as well, mainly ergo, art and occupational
I fucking love my job, so nothing to complain about

I also have my own company that makes microgreens for the haute cuisine,
but sadly it's barely keeping itself over water since Corona.

I hate manual labor but since addiction handicapped my decision making and thinking machine it feels like I am pushed around into jobs I have no real interest in but who is failing to actualize a purpose/vision not just wish for a dream gig hottest opportunity showed up at my doorstep was a library media aide position at an elementary school had to take a civil service exam to be eligible is that all I can muster the energy to try and pursue have drugs damaged me that bad don't worry I am not working in a school kind of so not sure what to do next I hope park patrol like civilian ranger not police obviously not for the money just to give me lots of space to find myself until I come up with the means to do something else bigger more in line with my personal vision of course thinking of how to make the world brighter not how to secure wealth unequally or I just want to live according to the laws of nature not man's greed and insatiable lust for more. I fear the man locked into an Epicurean way of being entirely bent on material gain may have the most difficult time letting go in the end.

B.A.= Barrista Apprentice.
B.F.A.=Bachelor's of Frappachino Assembly.
M.F.A. Master of Frappachino Assembly.

Legit: It's true. Ms.G and I go to a Starbucks in the atrium of a huge hospital with extensive research facilities as well as doing very major procedures like Multi organ transplants, etc.

The people working at the Starbucks are typical indie/hipster "artist" types with tats, ear lobe stretching things, lip rings, etc, making $12.00/hr, serving coffee up to M.D.'s and B.Sc/M.Sc/Ph.D's/P.Eng etc wearing scrubs and lab coats and suits who make $500,000.00+ a year.

It makes me smile every time I walk in there.

That's right bitches, make my coffee. Too bad a little bit of integral calc made your stomach turn, cause now you don't even have the time or money to do the art you had a passion for, cause you're working at starbucks during the day and waiting tables at night to pay for your rent and maybe a PBR here and there.
Fake Hipster: Starbucks Barista
Real Hipster: Fair Trade Joe's Barista

Plans change you might find me stocking shelves in the vegan grocery store near an Indian Reservation come the New Year

I go on unemployment in like two weeks so stoked winter rest will be taken like an overused circus bear getting to hibernate outside of a cage. But all good things must end and I have to secure a new job come Spring

Last edited:
I used to be a computer and console game programmer doing usually doin 3D graphics. Retired since 2015 and its kind of been mind fuckery. Landed in jail last week. I think I was happier working.

Currently working in the Intelligence Field (which is a very, very unique field I might add...). I've also worked in the Fisheries/Wildlife/Automotive/IT/Medical Device/Cusotmer Service fields in the past. I nearly have 3 degrees, trying to figure out if I should (or if I need to, rather) go back to School to complete one of them, or what to do next. As I've said in other threads, I want to become a Devloper/Civil Engineer or possibly a Director.

Marketing. What a scourge on the Earth.

I'd instead be creating music. I can't even remember the last time I picked up my guitar.

Marketing. What a scourge on the Earth.

I'd instead be creating music. I can't even remember the last time I picked up my guitar.
You work in marketing? Yeah, I can't say I'd be thrilled to have that as a career path.

Grab that axe and get pickin boy! It's good for you. I find that if I go long enough without playing any music, I start getting real antsy and negative. Even just having one good session playing gives me a little extra emotional motivation.

I'm just now starting a brand new career in the insurance business doing sales. I've never really worked in sales before. I'm doing all of the required state licensing training now, and then formal training will start. Looking forward to that! It should be exciting, hopefully I do at least a semi passable job and keep some food on the table.

so my job uses homebase app for clock in/out and payroll. the app is buggy as hell i cant even clock in at times so cannot clock out. the payroll ddint direct deposit yesterday and i know there are days missing that i worked.
thankful for work but looks like imma be looking for a more reliable job that pays out on payday.
fuck these ignant bastads.

so my job uses homebase app for clock in/out and payroll. the app is buggy as hell i cant even clock in at times so cannot clock out. the payroll ddint direct deposit yesterday and i know there are days missing that i worked.
thankful for work but looks like imma be looking for a more reliable job that pays out on payday.
fuck these ignant bastads.
Damn bro, I hate when a job fucks up a paycheck. Like damn HR, you literally have one job and that's to make sure we get paid for our work.

Straight up bullshit. Hoping it gets sorted bro.

But hey, think of it this way, a short paycheck is still better than NO paycheck, which is what I'm currently working with ;) So stay strong my dude.

Oh man, where do I begin?

Back in 2008 I had a retail supervisory job where all that the Store Manager did was sit in the office and yell at his employees over the intercom all day. Literally. That's all he did. I never once saw him come out onto the floor to help a customer, employee or anything of that nature. He made my life a living hell from 8 to 12 hours a day. He screamed and swore at me (and everybody else) in front of my staff, customers and everybody else.

I'm not a quitter, but after a few months I told my Assistant Manager (who was awesome and loved me to death) that I could not stand working one more day there. Ironically, the Store Manager practically begged me to stay! He asked me if I wanted more hours, less hours, more responsibility, less responsibility, etc.

Unfortunately, it was too little too late. I quickly found a much better job and remained there for almost 5 years until leaving for personal reasons.

That was definitely my "worst job" experience ever.

Last edited:
I have a friend that wrote a quick little ditty about work many years ago when we worked at a bakery as teenagers. It goes like this:

Work Sucks
Work Sucks (the audience sings back)
It Really Blows
It Really Blows ((the audience sings back))

Chorus: Everybody sings : It sucks the Big Mooses Cock!

That is it. Repeat as many times as you like.

I currently work 9 days a month and make 250k annually , not much to complain about sorry