• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

WORK SUCKS: Talk About Your Job

Well, don't be shy. Let me source those tips playa

What's your 24 hour record? On avg how much depreciation do you think your vehicle incurs? Order are you one of those ingenious duos who rent cars for grams®©?
Just seen this..
24 hour record? You mean like the most I’ve made in 24 hours?
If I stay in the same city and not drive like a mad man it doesn’t really take a toll on my car especially because it’s a brand new 2019. The only thing is the mileage goes up fast as fuck but if you’re smart you can track business mileage and expenses and pay a lot less in taxes.
And right now who ever is working for food delivery apps it’s the busiest I’ve ever seen it because of the virus, everyone is at home. I’m taking advantage since I’m one of the lucky few that can still work during these weird times.

a good job i'm qualified for got posted at my dream company (headquarters in the city i live in) and they retracted it less than 24 hours after posting it. i'm signed up to get marketing positions when they post them so i knew the second the posted it it, the second they said hold on, and they second they said never mind.

also i'm skpetical that the the original job thread i from 2013 with only 16 pages of replies but the search engine sucks so bad whatever,

a good job i'm qualified for got posted at my dream company (headquarters in the city i live in) and they retracted it less than 24 hours after posting it. i'm signed up to get marketing positions when they post them so i knew the second the posted it it, the second they said hold on, and they second they said never mind.

I hate when that kind of shit happens :( Did you check them out on Glassdoor? Some companies seem a lot better from the outside looking in.

I'm in the thick of interviewing and it's pretty stressful. I feel like I'm back in school during exam week. I really hated that shit.

also i'm skpetical that the the original job thread i from 2013 with only 16 pages of replies but the search engine sucks so bad whatever,

I think it was originally in the Education & Careers subforum, which was not very active.

after two years i'm finally getting serious about restating my career. applied for about 50 jobs in the last three day -- cover letters and all.

what's up with this disability question? like 95 percent of apps ask. it includes mental illness like bi-polar, ocd, schizo, depression, and even add. it also asking if you've been addicted to drugs or in a mental institution in the last 5 years. yes to both. can they figure that out? i'm mean drugs are pretty easy to hide. never been to rehab. doesn't seem like they're gonna have to run to thorough of a background check to find out i spent some time in a place where you were not allowed shoe laces.

Last edited:
after two years i'm finally getting serious about restating my career. applied for about 50 jobs in the last three day -- cover letters and all.

what's up with this disability question? like 95 percent of apps ask. it includes mental illness like bi-polar, ocd, schizo, depression, and even add. it also asking if you've been addicted to drugs or in a mental institution in the last 5 years. yes to both. can they figure that out? i'm mean drugs are pretty easy to hide. never been to rehab. doesn't seem like they're gonna have to run to thorough of a background check to find out i spent some time in a place where you were not allowed shoe laces.

In the US no, they can't find out, unless you have related criminal charges you were convicted for. If you have a criminal record, they can see it. They definitely can't see your medical/psych history, though.

Isnt that discrimination?
yes, and no....

Work never sucks. I have the profession I always wanted, I always wanted to be self employed and that's it. I did it and i am very happy about it. My depression is just there because I cannot work because of Corona. And this is real bullshit because people pay me cash - and I'm sitting at home since more than 3 months. Thank god my familiy is helping as much as she could, they sent me care packets :D

Whatever, I would never want to do something else. I love it.

JJ

I love my job but things have been crazy since Covid-19 came into the picture. I work as a hospital nurse (on the frontlines as they say) and we are really struggling— there’s not enough beds given the new surge of cases in my area, and not nearly enough PPE. I’m disgusted by how the government is handling the situation. And it’s bad enough that us healthcare workers don’t get any hazard pay, we’re not even eligible for the new guidelines that require paid leave if you happen to get Covid-19 and can’t work. F*ckin bullshit.

certainly sounds like a rough gig at the moment.

for anyone who reads reddit and thinks pcp/pce analogs don't show on a urine screen, they absolutely do. holy shit, for up to four weeks? some websites say two weeks. but they always underestimate, like they're talking about a person who used once. the 3-meo versions seem to have a much shorter half life, but not much research done into that. hmm.

I just did my orientation yesterday and worked my first real shift today on afternoon shift. Feel very fortunate to have this job. It’s an assembly position in an auto manufacturing plant. Once I have wheels again (license suspended) and more flexible to other shift times I’ll be applying internally for a setup position. I went to school for CNC machine operation and have been setup before in a past job.

Most places are not hiring and yet here I am with a place that’s been desperately hiring at my fingertips. It’s not a bad place either. So far so good.

I’m going nuts shoving fluffy sticks down people’s throats and up their noses, making children cry... Waiting for my appointment with my new psychiatrist so work can get info off them in order to finally allow me to go back to working normally. I’m also taking a huge pay cut because they’re forcing me to work non-penalty rates in the mean time. Hating everything about this. I hope in the end I get to move to a different ward though... My old ward was the problem, not me. Totally toxic. Hate working in a female dominated industry.

i didn't go to be until 5:30 am last night because i was reading about lamotrigine used in as an add-on medication to sertraline for ocd. i had a phone interview at 9:30 am. i woke up and researched the company and position for an hour. turns out the have multiple branches and this position (which they are also hiring for downtown) is located in the suburbs. the interview was about 8 minutes long. the moment i found out where it was located and she realized where i was located, there was an awkward pause. she said she'd pass my info on to their downtown location but damn. i've already been applying for those positions. i don't believe i applied for a position in naperville or somewhere so far out from chicago, chicago. i don't even have a car.

here's the thing. because i was so tired when i woke up and figured i needed to be on top of it, i took an ir adderall. fuck me.

Last edited:
Work sucks?
Yeah I remember to hear it as "movie dialogue" of an american who plays the role of a drug dealer in Tokyo. The movie's name is "Enter-The-Void". His sister who is a hooker asks him when he wants to get a real job. In order to resposne, he was like...
"Beeep... never! everyone who works is a Beeep slave of others"

Our/your parents were or still are "slave" to buy u what u want and pay for your education"