⫸STICKY⫷ Words Social - Fountainhead

Runningfox

Bluelighter
Holy crap
This thread never got too far off the ground , did she?

Words.
You want words.... lemme THINK
Ok let's start here: does anyone have a Favorite author??
Mine (past) is Truman Capote
(Contemporary ) is James Rollins
Top poet : Robert Frost (past)
Poet (Contemporary ): Bob Dylan

Geez it's all men.
Whatta the rest of you word-mongers got fer faves?

Runningfox

Bluelighter
At least if I were to leave this world tomorrow by God my kids know who Truman Capote was. . .
They have leather-bound volumes of Mark Twain... they have volumes of Robert Frost ..... they recognize things their contemporaries have no clue about.
They know Emily Dickinson; they are equally outraged n disgusted as I am by the works of Sylvia Plath. They know enuf about Shakespeare and John Donne.

My kids didn't hear any of this in high school. None have as yet formally attended college though all 5 are in the proper age range.
They work. But they know the big names throughout literary history (These were a splatter-pattern of examples) , because of me.

So if I die tomorrow; I've done my job.

Captain.Heroin

Sr. Moderator: H&R, Words
Staff member
Life has no meaning, yet I keep searching...
I like to hear that :)

If I had kids I'd read to them every day, and they'd know most of those authors as well (I'd also read Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, and Rand to them as well :D)

Runningfox

Bluelighter
Tolstoy is REMARKABLY insightful. Dost..... I cant even spell him: I think.I read some short stories or an abridged version of one or more of his works.... I dont have clear memories of it.

Runningfox

Bluelighter
I am embarassed to admit my depression has kicked in lately and left me kinda NOT doing any serious reading and even less serious writing.
I jotted some notes regarding holiday plans....simply so I don't forget what I've decided on or been told. (*freakin BRAINLESS in depression! )
And (****hides face in shame) last night I dozed off to a gossip -rag chunk of the yellowist journalism I've ever held in my hands! A neighbor dropped off what she referred to as some 'ads and coupons from Sunday papers' so I accepted the stack graciously without inspection.

Ugh! Four or five editions of (am I allowed to name it?) A mainstream gossip rag. That's the best description. It all belongs in the recycling bin. It was just sitting next to my Comfy Spot last night so I thumbed through....and I thought , upon waking from the unscheduled nap, "dear God I need Help."