Anyone been watching?

Today 6/20

Netherlands vs Canada
Cameroon vs New Zealand
Sweden vs United States
Thailand vs Chile

Semis will be July 2 and 3.
Final will be July 7.

I've been DVR'ing all the games. Recording todays USA match vs Sweden in hopes to watch tonight. Certainly better than the US men's team in recent years.

I have watched DVR of 3/4 through the USA-SPAIN game (I know the score, waiting for the last goal). I generally watch games whole, whether I know the score or not, regardless of who wins - I just like to watch the sport.

Question 1 - What teams do you see making the finals? Who do you project to win?

Question 2 - Who are your more favorite players, and on which teams?

Sunday:

World Cup Final

USA vs Netherlands

Gold Cup Final

Mexico vs USA

Good run for the USA. Keeping politics and such out of it, I really enjoyed the tournament overall.

I like that they expanded the field, but then seeing matchups like USA-Thailand only highlight the disparity around the globe and that there are a few power programs and many others just finding the field.

Elimination rounds had several upset surprises, though focusing on the semi and finals, I'm surprised ENG came in 4th. I like that the final was the two undefeated teams, and that the US won convincingly 2-0. Good teams throughout, but it showed the US is well stocked and strong top to bottom. There are a few faces that are aging and likely this was their last go, but I see the US staying atop the world for the next several years. BRA had a run with Marta, but one player isn't enough. I think the top 5 or so teams will remain fairly solid until the next world cup, with a little jockeying in the meantime, but be pretty much the same. The interesting part to me is how the lower teams improve, and who among them can start making noise with a few upsets.