• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Withdrawling during the hollocaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's what I do best." Ahhh, sluttypeach. Comedic genius, my love. Pure gold.

It's doubtful that someone in WD would even make it to the camps. There were many screening processes to weed out the sick and weak when people were being transferred from the ghettos to various intermediate locations. I mean, they were shooting people point blank if they couldn't run in a circle for X amount of time. If you had the shakes I'm sure they would've just shot you.

I read an account of a woman who's father had parkinson's and he was shot before even being loaded on the train in the Warsaw ghettos. He probably had tremors and showed signs of debility.

Even before the relocations, the ghettos themselves had deplorable conditions. Barely any food or drinking water, no heat, cramped quarters. Someone going through WD in those conditions would be lucky to survive whatsoever.

It's bleak to even talk about.

I remember reading a reference once to people using heroin in concentration camps because of the bleakness (same way there's been high usage rates in decaying urban areas going back to the beginning of urban areas), but in a Google search I couldn't find anything about it again--plus I had to question how they would get it in or continue to get it once interned... maybe it was the guards supplying (but then for what in return)?
This seems pretty doubtful considering the nazis themselves were in short supply of opium derived narcotics, because of Allied blockades.
If my understanding of the history is correct, these shortages of opium motivated the development of methadone.

I daresay that if the nazis had no dope, their concentration camps probably didn't either. This is before such a thing as what we understand as the 'drug culture' existed.
Opiates were probably not as restricted as they are nowadays in medicine - but i don't believe the black market existed in anything resembling today's drug trade. There were addicts in Europe in the 1930s and 40s, but until the 1960s my understanding is that the majority of these people became dependant as a result of medical prescription rather than recreational use or self medication.
I could be wrong though.

Having said that, Nazi doctors did all kinds of barbaric medical tests on people in various concentration camps - often to see what levels of pain, poison, abuse (etc etc etc) the human body could withstand before breaking under the pressure of interrogation - and/or dying. These were medical trials with very little ethical constraint.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if tests were conducted on people made physically dependant - then forced to withdraw from - narcotics.
Third Reich doctors are known to have used all kinds of drugs such as deliriants and even mescaline in torture/interrogation experiments.
The OSS/CIA mind control experiments of the 1940s onwards (such as the notorious MK-ULTRA program) were inspired and informed by some of these nazi doctors' "work" in torture and manipulation using psychoactive substances.

But as someone has already said, withdrawal would be the least of a nazi prisoner's problems, or perhaps the cause of their demise.
Most prisoners deemed unfit to work were hauled off to death camps.
What a bleak thread.

This is actually a legit thread.... Idk why people trippin I always have these thoughts wondering like , what would happen if there was such a massive hurricane like Katrina all those addicts stuck in their houses under water for weeks... And I doubt your dealer would answer if his house is under water . I've read stories people getting on their roofs and kayaking to the nearest pharmacy underwater break into it and steal all the left over fentanyl and whatever they can get to stay well during the hurricane shit like that... Or if the zombies came and you'd have to survive sick the first week or two (watch "fear the walking dead" ) that's what happened to the main character

This seems pretty doubtful considering the nazis themselves were in short supply of opium derived narcotics, because of Allied blockades.
If my understanding of the history is correct, these shortages of opium motivated the development of methadone.

I daresay that if the nazis had no dope, their concentration camps probably didn't either. This is before such a thing as what we understand as the 'drug culture' existed.
Opiates were probably not as restricted as they are nowadays in medicine - but i don't believe the black market existed in anything resembling today's drug trade. There were addicts in Europe in the 1930s and 40s, but until the 1960s my understanding is that the majority of these people became dependant as a result of medical prescription rather than recreational use or self medication.
I could be wrong though.

I don't think the Nazis had "no" dope. Poppy seeds are a staple of Central European cuisine, and the Czech Republic is to this day the world's biggest producer of food-grade poppy seeds. I'm fairly certain the Nazis could have gotten some of these farmers to grow Thebaine-rich strains in order to produce Germany's favorite opioid, Oxycodone (sold under the brand name "Eukodal").

Near the end of the war, the Nazis actually invented a combo pill containing cocaine, methamphetamine and oxycodone called "D-IX", which they tested on concentration camp inmates (perhaps the least shitty thing to ever happen to a concentration camp inmate). They then distributed these to pilots of their "Neger" and "Biber" units, human-guided torpedoes that technically allowed the pilot a means of escape but were effectively Kamikaze units (hence the need to motivate operators by getting them speedballed out of their minds).

Ad the thought could go beyond the ho,ocaust, it could apply to Vietnam soldiers that got captured and had to withdraw in a POW camp, there were perhaps many more addicts there, or sent to Siberia in Russia. I remember, and who know if it was true, reading long ago about the Soviet Union's detox method. Something like they tied the junkie to a board for a week locked in a room.

That reminds me I have a copy of the Gulag Archipelago I've been meaning to read.

This is actually a legit thread.... Idk why people trippin I always have these thoughts wondering like , what would happen if there was such a massive hurricane like Katrina all those addicts stuck in their houses under water for weeks... And I doubt your dealer would answer if his house is under water . I've read stories people getting on their roofs and kayaking to the nearest pharmacy underwater break into it and steal all the left over fentanyl and whatever they can get to stay well during the hurricane shit like that... Or if the zombies came and you'd have to survive sick the first week or two (watch "fear the walking dead" ) that's what happened to the main character

A good friend of mine, junkie, was actually in NOLA when Katrina hit. He did not have a good time. Was stuck there for a week or so and made it to Houston and continued his habit.

And yeah, this was a nice touch on Fear the Walking Dead.

Well... I don't even know what to say about this honestly. Anything that hasn't already been said..

I could be really politically incorrect right now but I'll just shove it, lol.

Edit: something about getting "baked"

Hey SluttyPeach, just to let you know, I'm Jewish and they tell jokes like that all the time in Israel. I thought it was brilliant.

The Nazis, and Germans had Methamphetamine before WW2 even started in a pill called Pervitin.

German Miracle Pill:
It was in Germany, though, that the drug first became popular. When the then-Berlin-based drug maker Temmler Werke launched its methamphetamine compound onto the market in 1938, high-ranking army physiologist Otto Ranke saw in it a true miracle drug that could keep tired pilots alert and an entire army euphoric. It was the ideal war drug. In September 1939, Ranke tested the drug on university students, who were suddenly capable of impressive productivity despite being short on sleep.

Source:
-http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/crystal-meth-origins-link-back-to-nazi-germany-and-world-war-ii-a-901755.html

^lmao

This thread reminds me of a contest me and buddy used to have (while high, naturally) as we would try to come up with the worst case scenario for being dopesick in a horrible situation. I must say, withdrawing in a concentration camp (if they did in fact exist) would have been tough to top.

I think one of my winners was going to get cash at the bank to meet your guy and you get stuck in a bank hold-up and end up being held as a hostage while trying not to shit yourself on live TV.

Last edited:
Best of bluelight? Maybe.. It's not nearly as funny as the kid who posted a packet of seasoning thinking it was drugs though. Bahahaha!

Imagine being in a concentration camp and thinking "ok I have a few cigs maybe now I can get that guard to give me some dope" or "maybe if I suck his dick he will give me a line" ugh.. Like life on the outside but 1000x worse cause they were sick, starving and treated like animals.

^lmao

This thread reminds me of a contest me and buddy used to have (while high, naturally) as we would try to come up with the worst case scenario for being dopesick in a horrible situation. I must say, withdrawing in a concentration camp (if they did in fact exist) would have been tough to top.

I think one of my winners was going to get cash at the bank to meet your guy and you get stuck in a bank hold-up and end up being held as a hostage while trying not to shit yourself on live TV.

that's a good game. might make a good thread in drug culture actually!

i've lived out mine already i think--riding around thailand on a scooter (for the first time ever) and getting insanely lost for hours with an irate g/f (now ex) losing her shit at me. i was trying to hide the withdrawals which were agony and the toilets didnt even have toilet paper. none of the mountain folk spoke english (savages!) and the little dirt paths were lethal. what a slog that was. fuckin beautiful scenery though.

I was listening to Joey Diaz podcast and Bobby lee was telling story how he used to be addicted to Vicodin up to he said like 30-50 a day and I think heroin a little too, and was kicked off mad tv because during one of the days they were filming he was so sick and had nothing and said his make up was smearing from the sweat being so sick and that he completely shit himself on stage and that was mad tv's last straw with him and kicked him off. He got sober and they gave him another chance and now he's the famous Bobby lee we know!
That would be pretty bad your whole career on the line millions of dollars and you're sick on stage brutal. Or being captured and tortured like on the show Graceland where the DEA agent gets kidnapped by cartel and injected h (good shit) for a month and kept forcing him into withdrawal until he gave up information and they would give him a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.