• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Withdrawl Question

Dharmy

Greenlighter
Howdy folks, my first post here on bluelight. I think we can all agree heroin withdrawl is a real bitch.I usually binge on heroin for a week or two every other month, I sniff my bags which makes it a hell of a lot easier to control my use, compared to my heavily addicted IV amigos. Normally I sniff 4 to 6 bags a day of some average east coast powder. Withdrawls from this, cold turkey, usually has me feeling sick, achey , tired, and pretty out of it, ill usully have 1 or 2 real shitty days at work and then be ok, when I'm home I just smoke weed and take eat benos and im ok. Really kills me at work though, I'm a line cook and my boys notice if I'm slackin.This last week I've been doing a lot of coke, and of course using a lot more H to comedown. I've ws at at least a bundle a day for 5 days and the past 2 days cut back to half that.I've got 5 bags left and am trying to take a break again, hopefully for good this time (fuckin heroin)Any thoughts on what the withdrawls will be like? I'm thinking much worse since I was doubling my usual daily dose. If I somehow can get some self control will tapering with my last few bags help at all?

Some people benefit I guess from tapering with heroin, but for me it's unrealistic, and I believe that's probably the case for many. If you could get ahold of some subs, methadone, Kratom or at least loperamide that would be more ideal. Clonodine as well.

Echo Z. Add gabapentin or lyrica if possible, it really helped me with the RLS shit and that overall peripheral nervous system short circuit that makes you restless.

Echo Z. Add gabapentin or lyrica if possible, it really helped me with the RLS shit and that overall peripheral nervous system short circuit that makes you restless.

yeah, shit can't believe I forgot that, thanks Phil. Gabapentin along with Clonodine are some of the best medications for WD as they're non-addictive (at least with short term use, though it should be noted with longterm use both can cause withdrawal syndrome) and non-narcotic options, and quite honestly, you can rid yourself of the worst symptoms at least with just these two medications (don't get me wrong, it won't be pleasant or as easy as it would be with kratom, buprenorphine or methadone, but it's doable.). If you can't get ahold of clonodine, Zanaflex/tinazedine is a similar drug, it's just shorter acting I believe.

Ha ha. I hear you. Habits always happen faster and diminish slower as time goes on. My first habit was in my teens. I used for three months straight. I never knew I was addicted! I was quite sick and didn't know why. The heroin was from Bridgeport, Ct. When I told someone, he laughed at me.

Forty-five years later, when I am clean, I can get a habit after one day's use. Then, I will be sick for weeks. The brain and CNS change. The high is just gone.

There is no figuring it out. That will just make you crazy. Welcome to the world of hard drugs. Mikie :)