• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Withdrawing from a two year habit, all I have is tramadol

Znegative

Bluelight Crew
Ok so it's been a long time. I finally went back to my parents house after finding out my father was dying of lung cancer. Before that I was living under a freeway for two years in Oakland shooting black tar heroin into my deep femoral vein, the only break I had was a four day stint in Santa Rita. I a, now back in Ohio and trying to get on subs but my ex girlfriend never gave me my ID back and I don't have a ss card so I have to wait another seven days to get it, and I need the ss card to get the temporary OH state ID so I can get on Buprenorphine.

Anyway I've been in living hell for three days going on four but I found a big bottle of tramadol 50mg and clonazepam 1's which are my moms so I got to be easy on them, my dad has percent 5's but as I said he has cancer and I don't want to sink that low. I know about the seizure risk but as I said I do have benzos. Is there anyway if I took enough tramadol I might feel better?

Ok so it's been a long time. I finally went back to my parents house after finding out my father was dying of lung cancer. Before that I was living under a freeway for two years in Oakland shooting black tar heroin into my deep femoral vein, the only break I had was a four day stint in Santa Rita. I a, now back in Ohio and trying to get on subs but my ex girlfriend never gave me my ID back and I don't have a ss card so I have to wait another seven days to get it, and I need the ss card to get the temporary OH state ID so I can get on Buprenorphine.

Anyway I've been in living hell for three days going on four but I found a big bottle of tramadol 50mg and clonazepam 1's which are my moms so I got to be easy on them, my dad has percent 5's but as I said he has cancer and I don't want to sink that low. I know about the seizure risk but as I said I do have benzos. Is there anyway if I took enough tramadol I might feel better?

Taking some tramadol will be better than nothing regardless of the dose. Individuals on Bluelight have had seizures from just 250mg of tramadol. The highest recommended amount to take in one day is 400mg. Do not exceed it. Please be careful. I cannot recommend mixing CNS depressants, but the clonazepam will potentate the tramadol and relieve withdrawal symptoms to a degree. A benzodiazepine will also raise the seizure threshold and lessen the chance of inducing a seizure.

If you want to get the most out of the tramadol, take 50mgs every 30 minutes. This allows more of the tramadol to be converted into O-desmethyltramadol (100-200x more potent than regular tramadol at mu-opioid receptor in regards to binding affinity). Staggering the dosage allows more enzyme to metabolize the tramadol into its more active metabolite.

I am not going to address the issue of taking the medication from someone else. Save the tramadol, take as low of a dose as you can take, and stagger the dosage. Mixing CNS depressants is risky, but since you have a sizable opioid tolerance already due to heroin usage a responsible amount should not be an issue. Don't drink alcohol when taking any of these medications, especially if you take both tramadol and clonazepam.

I will say this: after day four of opiate withdrawal, things start to improve. Instead of just substituting with Bupe you could possibly kick opioids. Traditional opiates such as morphine/heroin only lead to a ~7 day acute withdrawal period. The Bupe acute withdrawal will take 1 month or more and it is just making things better now only to make the withdrawals worse and the duration much longer. I know that is insane to think about in opiate withdrawal, but I have to suggest it. I hope everything turns out for the best.

Last edited:
Thank you for the response I wouldn't even be dealing with these bitch ass pills if I had my share ate ID, I want to get on Buprenorphine but cant until my social security card comes in the mail. And btw no one is using the trams (but me)

Thank you for the response I wouldn't even be dealing with these bitch ass pills if I had my share ate ID, I want to get on Buprenorphine but cant until my social security card comes in the mail. And btw no one is using the trams (but me)

That's fucked you have to wait to get it. Best I can say is try and stretch the tram and benzo out until you get your card and a script. I went through heroin multiple times in the past, but the absolute worst was quitting benzos and heroin all at once. I quit both substances for good after that so I would never have to experience that shit again. That was fucking hell, I didn't have the option of getting on Bupe and wouldn't have gone through with it anyway. I hope everything turns out ok dude

Thanks buddy. I'm trying to stack the trams I feel some relief from them it was weird I took 100mg this afternoon and actually caught a little 20 minute buzz

I will say this: after day four of opiate withdrawal, things start to improve. Instead of just substituting with Bupe you could possibly kick opioids. Traditional opiates such as morphine/heroin only lead to a ~7 day acute withdrawal period. The Bupe acute withdrawal will take 1 month or more and it is just making things better now only to make the withdrawals worse and the duration much longer. I know that is insane to think about in opiate withdrawal, but I have to suggest it. I hope everything turns out for the best.

Z, I just wanted to second what nothing said about kicking. At 4 days, your kick is almost over - you've basically CT'ed it all the way through (IVing H is a sick kick I'm sure, but short acting full agonists don't have the long withdrawal period that long acting stuff like bupe/'done have, I'm sure you know). Yes, maybe you prolonged it a bit with tramadol (tbh, I'd take it day 1 and 2 only and if I could get 4 hours sleep on night 3 without it, I think it'd be worth it), and it sounds like you want to be on bupe maintenance, but if it means anything to you, from where I'm sitting, it looks to me like you might be able to kick completely and use this to turn things around and maybe even go an opioid-free couple days, who knows.

I know it's easier said than done from the comfort of my room, of course...we have your back, whatever you decide. Just thought I'd chime in with my .02, best of luck and let us know what happens!

I would strongly suggest against going on bupe. That is a very hard drug to kick. I have to say what phil said here. You are almost out of the woods with the heroin...why go right back into the same woods.

I have CT heroin, morphine, and bupe. Of the three the bupe was by far the worst. It wasn't necessarily the most debilitating withdrawal but the length of time it took to even feel passable...not even well...was so long that I found my days to last forever. It is extremely mental and you will be so depressed and anxious that you will spend your days listlessly walking around your house hating every piece of yourself.

Bupe should only be used if you think you will have hard time maintaining long term sobriety without the aid of maintenance. Ask yourself the question: "Can I handle going sober?" If the answer is no then try to last as long as you can (even after you get your card) without bupe. You have no idea how strong you are until you try to be strong.

^see thats the problem, I want maintenance because I DONT think that I can maintain sobriety, believe me, I've thought about just going cold turkey and being opiate free but right now I need some kind of buffer, like I said I'm going through a rough time right now. Good news is I got kratom today and that shit is a miracle.

Glad to see that you're still alive <3 :) sorry for not contributing, but thought I would at least say that (too tired to type a long reply). Sorry, to hear about your situation though... I hope it improves soon.

^thanks, hah, its been a while I'm glad to see your still around too. I should be dead though.

Anyway it seems I'm through the thick of it, like I said I bought some (probably low grade) Maeng Da Kratom from a headshop down here in good old Columbus Ohio (what a fucking down grade), but surprisingly the stuff seems to work, in fact I'm finding myself nodding from time to time. Oh, and I stopped the tramadol, and have only been using the kratom once a day, just trying to get myself through until I can get on subs, which will probably fuck me up royally by then