• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Withdrawals suck and don't know if I should stop while I'm at it...

daveslaine

Bluelighter
Basically I've been on either hydro, oxy, or even once iv morphine since July nonstop (like 3 times at least per week)
and been finally clean since last Sunday. Now I don't normally get typical withdrawal sickness, just get really depressed kind of and don't feel "normal" or as healthy. Normally I'm really healthy when off opiates but since I just got off I feel pretty down though it's getting better daily. For me, my main symptoms are sleeplessness, night sweats, depression, and nightmares..

Only thing is I'm getting more oxys in a few days and really want to moderately use it until new years and then stop.

I have naltrexone to help reverse my tolerance and undo my opiate depression. But I'm wondering if I should start now or do some oxys for Christmas and nye and then stop? You know, have a nice holiday.

After 1 week of cessation, I start with around 12mg naltrexone once every other day and then once a day and increase the dosage slowly. This always works in reversing this feeling like I need to do opiates again, plus there are numerous studies it's sort of an anti depressant and increases tesosterone. Plus, it also dramatically reduces tolerance after a few months.

I remember 15mg of hydro this year would get me feeling really good (I've been doing opiatese for like 8 years) but now my tolerance I need at least 45 to feel 15mg worth of hydro. My oxy tolerance is also ridiculous.

Just really wanna do oxy before the end of the year but don't know if it's necessary. Any advice?

Look up ultra low dose naltraxone. I've read a lot of people saying it works extremely well

Hmm well at least you're lucky you feel 45 mgs hydro my withdrawals are so bad I need like 80 mgs hydro every 6-8 hours to feel normal, or 200 mgs morphine every 6-8 hours it's bad .
I wake up so sick I have a puke bucket ready and piss bottles cause I pee every 10 minutes during withdrawals and that's at 12 hours without anything .
I'm not here to compare or say I'm tough at all man I'm not happy at all I'd literally cut a finger off to skip the withdrawals somettimss and I'm not joking . Man if you can take a legit month break completely and rethink during that month how you can get back on track enjoying life without opiates , cause A if you can't stop for a month now that's already a problem and B if you don't next time you'll wanna quit for real it will be 100x harder jump out while you can bro please save yourself lots of $ headaches loss of friends and time and guilt
Good luck

Hmm well at least you're lucky you feel 45 mgs hydro my withdrawals are so bad I need like 80 mgs hydro every 6-8 hours to feel normal, or 200 mgs morphine every 6-8 hours it's bad .
I wake up so sick I have a puke bucket ready and piss bottles cause I pee every 10 minutes during withdrawals and that's at 12 hours without anything .
I'm not here to compare or say I'm tough at all man I'm not happy at all I'd literally cut a finger off to skip the withdrawals somettimss and I'm not joking . Man if you can take a legit month break completely and rethink during that month how you can get back on track enjoying life without opiates , cause A if you can't stop for a month now that's already a problem and B if you don't next time you'll wanna quit for real it will be 100x harder jump out while you can bro please save yourself lots of $ headaches loss of friends and time and guilt
Good luck

Yea yea I know some people have higher tolerances but I don't need people to flex on me how much more opiates they can do.

I always did my best to be as strong as possible as to not be dependent on the drug. I'd work hard my week, sleep and wake early, hit the gym hard, and only do opiates on Saturday on Sunday. Literally I'd wake up at 9, make sure everything in my home, car, life is going good and is clean, then I'd take it. Also, it didn't matter if I took 20mg or 40mg oxy, I never took it to nod on. I downed it with red bull or snorted it (oxy wo apap obv) an d definitely threw in a cardio session at night.

Then I met my current girlfriend, certain things became hectic, and I started to take it to escape some troubles in life or to cope with some others which was the wrong move, stopped taking care of my health and life which then made opiates a big problem for me where I took em daily. Then I stopped last week because I ran out.

But I've been having nightmares, sleeplessness, depression, no energy, no sex drive, and I just feel like taking oxy to ease my pain and depression. But honestly I feel better each day. I just kind of want to do some oxy lines for Christmas and new years only... But probably it's gonna be until I run out of them again..

If I start naltrexone now I'll be ahead

I think people who are getting off or want to get off opiates should really do it with Naltrexone. It really speeds up the process times 10 and also makes the effects of getting off opiates times 10. Amazing miracle drug with so many studies in various fields speaking positive of it only. Even a 3mg dose per night for a few months brings amazing results in overall health

I'm just trying to figure out what you mean by "is it necessary". What you're experiencing right now would be the end stage of a serious user's withdrawal phase. After the vomiting, diarrhea etc. come the less severe symptoms of insomnia, discomfort, akathisia and so on. Am I correct in my understanding that you only use Opioids every other day?

It's also nothing uncommon for a seasoned user of Opioids to use 45mg of Hydrocodone with no tolerance. In fact, most would probably go higher.

I'm not going to lecture you on the seductive allure of Opioid addiction, but you have a chance to live a normal life right now guy. A lot of us are in it for the long haul at this point. Opioids are a part of myself, for better or for worse. I deal with it and live my life, but, wouldn't it be great if I didn't need this shit?

You say "...honestly I feel better each day". Wouldn't you rather just keep feeling better each day? That sounds pretty sweet from where I'm standing.

I'm just trying to figure out what you mean by "is it necessary". What you're experiencing right now would be the end stage of a serious user's withdrawal phase. After the vomiting, diarrhea etc. come the less severe symptoms of insomnia, discomfort, akathisia and so on. Am I correct in my understanding that you only use Opioids every other day?

It's also nothing uncommon for a seasoned user of Opioids to use 45mg of Hydrocodone with no tolerance. In fact, most would probably go higher.

I'm not going to lecture you on the seductive allure of Opioid addiction, but you have a chance to live a normal life right now guy. A lot of us are in it for the long haul at this point. Opioids are a part of myself, for better or for worse. I deal with it and live my life, but, wouldn't it be great if I didn't need this shit?

You say "...honestly I feel better each day". Wouldn't you rather just keep feeling better each day? That sounds pretty sweet from where I'm standing.

Thr first few days were horrible in that I had depression, felt like my life was hopeless, and I just felt weak. Getting up or doing anything feels like a chore and or isn't fun to do. Whereas on oxy everything I do is beautiful and I have energy.

But it's been a week and I feel better now today.

It's either I start naltrexone now or do my last oxies for the holiday but have to start again after new year...

In the long haul it's better to be clean but in the short term, a line of oxy feels so good especially on a holiday like Christmas or new year. Mainly new year. For Christmas I'll take the oral route.

Just get out of it.... Why do you need drugs even more specifically opiates to celebrate? Why not eat a low dose of mushrooms or smoke a qnice bit of weed? Shit opiates ruined weed and psychedelics for me.

Im with Kieff & Taco on this you really are not at the point of sever physical dependancy GET OUT NOW!!! This is from a 10 year opioid addict that has been clean on methadone maintince and I intened to stay on for life but I digress I would start on naltrexone asap and flush the rest of ur i oxys

Just get out of it.... Why do you need drugs even more specifically opiates to celebrate? Why not eat a low dose of mushrooms or smoke a qnice bit of weed? Shit opiates ruined weed and psychedelics for me.

Definitely Taco. I feel you on this one. I have to admit that part of my ability to stay clean lies in my consumption of Cannabis. I smoke herb and I do concentrates (dabs) every once in a while. Sure, it's not pure ecstasy like Heroin, but it's enough to keep me out of trouble and give me that bit of relaxation I need.

Definitely Taco. I feel you on this one. I have to admit that part of my ability to stay clean lies in my consumption of Cannabis. I smoke herb and I do concentrates (dabs) every once in a while. Sure, it's not pure ecstasy like Heroin, but it's enough to keep me out of trouble and give me that bit of relaxation I need.
I actually think i am going to make a pretty detailed thread about the use of cannabis edibles for opiate withdrawal. They have fucking saved me, though i am one of the people who don't "freak out" if they take too high of a dose , but rather get more relaxed. During some of my worst WDs the only thing too really help me was the cannabis edibles(imodium does help a lot too). If people aren't in a medical or legal state i'd suggest people try and make "firecrackers" which are homemade cannabis edibles. Tons of threads on how to make them. Too people who take opiates and think "oh cannabis edibles won't touch me cuz i take H blah blah" will be surprised once they get their hands on a real edible. Some of the stronger edibles i've taken have put me into happier state/ better sedation than any opiate could do. Something EVERY opiate addict should look into.... Some may even find themselves switching from their opiates to cannabis edibles , thats how effective it can be.

Yeah man if I could make it that far, and still be even slightly productive at all, I would leave opiates in the DUST, forreal!

Lol @ the weed edibles suggestion....I was so sick the other day I HAD to make some....thought I had double walking pneumonia!

I've recovered WITHOUT antibiotics, anything IS possible.

You just need the dedication, and you'll make it happen OP. Godspeed!

Also ultra low-dose of suboxone helps a lot for a long time - maybe the best run for your money in WD - either that or Tramadol + Kpins + clonidine is one of the cheapest WD drugs.
ABOUT WEED EDIBLES - I live amoungst hundreds of dispenseries here in CO and I think a 50/50 mix of high CBD and high THC probably helps with best as far as weed goes - slight relief of inflammation, weed-nausea, and weed-aniety with the added CBD.

In the long haul it's better to be clean but in the short term, a line of oxy feels so good especially on a holiday like Christmas or new year. Mainly new year. For Christmas I'll take the oral route.

People just don't have enough respect for opiates.

See ya over in the Dark Side in about 6 months asking people about loperamide and shit.