• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Withdrawals from marijuana already?!!! Too soon?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
So I recently started smoking weed because I stopped opiates (to help with certain symptoms). Anyways, I noticed when I don't smoke it (mainly at night) I start having certain "problems". All of my opiate WD symptoms have gone away (several days ago), but if I dont smoke some weed before bedtime I start getting reallyyyy bad 'night sweats' and chills. It got so bad last night I couldnt even fall asleep. I ended up smoking some weed at 3am this morning and all of the problems went away. This has happened about 2-3 times already.

Now ive been smoking weed for only like 2-3 weeks. Could this be a withdrawal symptom because I didn't take it? It was weird that it went completely away after I smoked some. And it seems really early for them (the WDs) to start.

Has anyone had this happen before? Id rather not go through WDs again. I use to smoke weed back in 2012 and when I stopped I never had any WDs at all.

Thanks,

Chris

Some people report withdrawals from marijuana. Personally I have never gotten any whatsoever, even when I smoked all day non-stop for years and then would like go on vacation for a week or something and not have it, I would immediately feel way more energy and actually feel better than I did when I was smoking constantly. However some people I know on here have a really hard time quitting marijuana.

Are you sure that the marijuana at night time isn't just covering up lingering opiate withdrawal symptoms, so when you don't smoke it, you notice them? I experienced residual restlessness/chills/sweats from opiate withdrawal, only when trying to sleep, for like a month.

Thanks for the reply Shadow! But I dont believe so, I havent took anything for a while now and feel good all throughout the day and dont have any problems. But when I dont smoke, the chills/sweats start. Like right now, its happening. I wouldn't think marijuana would actually take away WD symptoms (like how taking an opiate would). I could be wrong though. I just thought it was weird...

Like I said before, ive never had any WD problems from stopping marijuana. Id smoke all day, every day (back when I was in college) and not have a single problem stopping.

Thanks again,

Chris

So I recently started smoking weed because I stopped opiates (to help with certain symptoms). Anyways, I noticed when I don't smoke it (mainly at night) I start having certain "problems". All of my opiate WD symptoms have gone away (several days ago), but if I dont smoke some weed before bedtime I start getting reallyyyy bad 'night sweats' and chills. It got so bad last night I couldnt even fall asleep. I ended up smoking some weed at 3am this morning and all of the problems went away. This has happened about 2-3 times already.

Now ive been smoking weed for only like 2-3 weeks. Could this be a withdrawal symptom because I didn't take it? It was weird that it went completely away after I smoked some. And it seems really early for them (the WDs) to start.

Has anyone had this happen before? Id rather not go through WDs again. I use to smoke weed back in 2012 and when I stopped I never had any WDs at all.

Thanks,

Chris

Can you even get withdrawals from weed? It'd probably opiate PAWS.

^^^You can. I’ve gone to detox twice in my life. Once to get off heroin, another time to get off cannabis.

The heroin detox was like 48 hours and I was ready to leave, wasn’t even that bad really just boring. I was sick as a dog for 5 days detoxing from cannabis, they honestly couldn’t even believe it especially with my relatively low blood levels.

Cannabis for me though has been medicinal. I truly believe my endocannabinoid system was F’ed from birth. One thing.. I’ve always had bad nausea and migraines since a child. I also had horrible asthma, so bad I almost died hiking through a swamp one time and had to be carried out.

Soon as I started smoking cannabis my nausea and headaches got a lot better and my asthma COMPLETELY disappeared. I have not had one single asthma attack since I began 15yrs ago. I later found that these things have a relationship with our endocannabinoid system.

I eventually did level out after about a week with only boredom and cravings associated with said boredom remaining.. I had a lot more energy, felt more social, but in the end I feel it’s better to smoke it.

Even in my deepest heroin addiction, I HAD to have my bud to smoke lol. In fact I wouldn’t get as high off the dope if I didn’t.

-GC

I mean TECHNICALLY it is possible to get some WD from weed if you smoke TONS of REALLY high quality weed regularly, even though it is generally pretty rare and also usually very mild, but I've only heard of the odd person here and there...like the one out of 100 or one out of 1,000 types, who ever said they got BAD WD from weed.

Me personally, I don't smoke more than a couple times a year anymore, but I used to smoke CONSTANTLY multiple times a day for years, and then after graduating college decided I was going on a one year break.

I went 412 days without weed with ZERO WD.

Then of course I had to be all or nothing and went back to smoking regularly almost every day for a year haha.

Then after that I said I was quitting FOREVER and went 988 days without and I will tell you that even after smoking multiple times a day most days and quitting cold turkey all that happened to me was it was harder for me to fall asleep for about a week and I was a little moody.

Then after about a week or two when it got easier for me to fall asleep again I had some VERY vivid dreams the first few nights as my REM sleep returned.

That was all that happened to me.

It's certainly one of the most NON-addictive mind altering substances out there, with maybe only psychedelics like shrooms or LSD having fewer WD effects.

I mean caffeine is WAAAAYY more addictive than weed, and comparing weed to things like cigs or booze or opioids or benzos? Yeah, it's nothing.

I'm not gonna say it doesn't happen to people, but I'd say 9 out of 10 people, even if all of them smoke high quality bud on a regular basis, can quit cold turkey without any WD effects other than maybe having a little trouble getting to sleep for a week or two and maybe some moodiness.

Maybe the 1 other guy out of 10 actually has some bad stuff happen to him though.

I'm going to move this to Cannabis Discussion as I'm sure they have some valuable insight on this as well.

OD-->CD

Again my cannabinoids levels were pretty low upon admission. I don’t smoke heavy amounts but I smoke very regularly, essentially I’m always a little high. I smoke just one small one hitter every hour or two, and even get up every 2-3hours to smoke at night.

I think for me it’s the regularity over the quantity. I know folks that can smoke way more than me but like you said can pick it up or put it down at any time. I’m not one of those.

I’ll agree my circumstances are pretty rare. And for me it’s also dependent on the type of cannabis/cannabinoids, high THC low CBD is easier to quit than more medicinal high CBD stuff.

My dad has been smoking crazy amounts since he was 12 years old (60’s now) the guy just completely rolls with the punches, if he’s got it he smokes it til it’s gone but isn’t gonna go hunt it down if he doesn’t have it. He’s gone years without it. Never could understand that..

Indeed everyone’s different, but I’ll agree cannabis is about as safe as it gets in terms of addiction and withdrawal. I’d say for me, even my 5 days wasn’t ALL that bad considering I’d been using daily for 10yrs.

-GC

tl;dr there's withdrawals, they're just pretty minor

I get sweaty as hell when I stop smoking. Sweaty palms, having to change undershirts several times a day. I never remember having chills, but cold sweats are pretty much the only thing I have absolutely no control of every time I stop smoking. Sure there's that general irritability, but it's not to hard for me to just shut the fuck up and not spread that shit around.

Dreams get weird... but only when I actually manage to fall asleep, because sleeping is near impossible for a day or two after quitting.

That's pretty much about it. I might lose my appetite a bit, but I've found it's not because of withdrawals... I just tend to get high before I eat.

Smokin' since ~2002, daily since about 2012 with a few court-ordered breaks

Probably just the PAWS from opiates

I am 2 months clean and I still have problems sleeping at night hod and cold chills and goosebumps/agitation

tl;dr there's withdrawals, they're just pretty minor

I get sweaty as hell when I stop smoking. Sweaty palms, having to change undershirts several times a day. I never remember having chills, but cold sweats are pretty much the only thing I have absolutely no control of every time I stop smoking. Sure there's that general irritability, but it's not to hard for me to just shut the fuck up and not spread that shit around.

Dreams get weird... but only when I actually manage to fall asleep, because sleeping is near impossible for a day or two after quitting.

That's pretty much about it. I might lose my appetite a bit, but I've found it's not because of withdrawals... I just tend to get high before I eat.

Smokin' since ~2002, daily since about 2012 with a few court-ordered breaks
Pretty much my experience, only I would say lack of appetite is related to not smoking/withdrawals for me.

I wonder if the sweaty palms/increased sweat is related to anxiety/increased stress response. I assume it's related to endocannabinoid and the endocrine system, through direct and indirect action respectively.

Sleep is hard at first, but when it comes it seems more restful upon waking. I assume the rebound of dreams come from THC suppressing REM sleep, or lack of suppression causing the rebound.

I get rapid heartbeat, the sweats, and I can't eat for days. It takes about three months of nightly vaping concentrate to get to that point. It takes two weeks to get back my tolerance.

This time, I am going to just slowly drop dosage while adding cbd and see if I can taper.

the rebound of dreams

i love dreams. usually even nightmares. including opiate (unless i get caught in the pseudo-waking cycle with an element of horror like tightening walls; then i lose the go-with-the-flow feeling that accompanies my dreams, including normal nightmares) and mirtazapine dreams. but the dreams that come from discontinuing marijuana suck. they’re so long and awkward.

I get no physical withdrawal only mental i say only like its not as bad it is plus i do get physical pain but only because im sitting on my unmotivated arse feeling sorry for myself

Can you even get withdrawals from weed? It'd probably opiate PAWS.
you defo can get withdrawals from the weed now adays especially the strong concentrated shit mate i only use the bong now and again because smoking bong everyday contary to what enlightened stoners will tell you it is NOT better in thr long run a few big hits in a few days in a row and a spliff wont even touch you this is why i always roll up my rolling doesn't suck infact im one of the best rollers in my group but the people who get the perfects cones the perfect even burn no side burns i really appreciate the craft btw im fucked off poppy seeds i knew i was doing so.ething wrong cus i already washed them and they did nothing i swallowed all the liquid in one this time i wash half of them again and slowly sipped half and as i speak i am rising in opiate leg bliss the only thing i want is a girlfriend to go out with me again.. I feel so lonely and misunderstood my ex understood me so much...

Atleast maryjane understands me and i understand her, her alluring smell xxx

I get sweats if I quit marijuana extract abruptly. Absolutely nasty, mild-like symptoms but I can't stand it.

i love dreams. usually even nightmares. including opiate (unless i get caught in the pseudo-waking cycle with an element of horror like tightening walls; then i lose the go-with-the-flow feeling that accompanies my dreams, including normal nightmares) and mirtazapine dreams. but the dreams that come from discontinuing marijuana suck. they’re so long and awkward.
So true, I hate cannabis cessation dream-rebound. I always get weird nightmares.

I've found the most straightforward cure for the 'withdrawals' so to speak, is leading an active lifestyle. Not only does it help keep your mind off weed, it helps release cannabinoids stored in your fat to help relive the symptoms. My worst cannabis-withdrawals are always in inactive periods of my life.