• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Withdrawals at the worst time.. HELP

pocketsevens

Bluelighter
Ran out of my script of Oxy early. Used Poppy seed tea to help the withdrawals and I thought it worked. The tea was WEAK, didn't feel ANYTHING on it, but I didn't feel withdrawals either. I thought I was saved. Over 6 days I used five pounds of poppies and now they're gone. I thought I would be fine since the tea was so weak and I drank less and less each day. But to my surprise I'm having full blown withdrawals right now. I work full time and go to school and trust me when I say I just can't do this. I know I got myself into this mess and the sad part is on Tuesday my script will be filled again and the whole thing will start over. For the first time I realize I don't want to live this way...

If anyone knows anything to help with withdrawals please help. And words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated too. Just please don't judge because I already know this is my fault.

P.S. The seeds I got online, by the time it ships here the withdrawals will probably be over so "get more tea" isn't a helpful response.

Last edited:
you could run out and grab some kratom at a local headshop (even though its usually of shitty quality and overpriced, but its convenient)

dxm at dosages around 120mg are good for withdrawals sometimes too

any GABAergic drugs would be helpful as well such as xanax (or any benzo for that matter) or pregabalin/gabapentin

you could run out and grab some kratom at a local headshop (even though its usually of shitty quality and overpriced, but its convenient)

dxm at dosages around 120mg are good for withdrawals sometimes too

any GABAergic drugs would be helpful as well such as xanax (or any benzo for that matter) or pregabalin/gabapentin
Yep, this sums it up pretty much.

I don't want to live “this way“ neither. At least Not the part about copping dope, withdrawing...
Having an unlimited steady supply of the opioide(s) of my choice, well that would be something I would like.=D

I've been in the Heroin(diacetylmorphine)-program here in Germany. Except the fact that you would have to go to that place 2-3 times a day it was actually perfect. ;)

Free opioide of choice for everyone is what we need.=D

Headhigh, would Gabapentin actually be helpful? I have some but when I took it before it made me EXHAUSTED. My stomach is just so sour I can't eat... yarg... never again never again it's ruining my life!

Nasir, there is a Heroin program in Germany? Do they give you Heroin to help you stay off the street or something? I know what you mean about wishing we could all get our drug of choice but if you think about it there's no way your body could take it. If opioids were free and legal people like us would just keep doing it until our tolerance made it impossible to get high. I hope one day we can all kick the shit and live normal lives! I know it's hard to remember what life was like before the drugs but I know I was happier before I had to withdraw every month. Stay safe out there.

Headhigh, would Gabapentin actually be helpful? I have some but when I took it before it made me EXHAUSTED. My stomach is just so sour I can't eat... yarg... never again never again it's ruining my life!

Nasir, there is a Heroin program in Germany? Do they give you Heroin to help you stay off the street or something? I know what you mean about wishing we could all get our drug of choice but if you think about it there's no way your body could take it. If opioids were free and legal people like us would just keep doing it until our tolerance made it impossible to get high. I hope one day we can all kick the shit and live normal lives! I know it's hard to remember what life was like before the drugs but I know I was happier before I had to withdraw every month. Stay safe out there.

Gabapentin (Neurontin) and Pregabalin (Lyrica) are both very helpful for dealing with some of the symptoms of Opioid withdrawal. Both of these really changed the way I look at the process as they've been so effective. Don't go too overboard, but you could probably do 2.5 - 3 grams of Gabapentin/600mg Pregabalin. If you're really hurting, you can always increase the dose.

Now, Loperamide (Immodium, others) which is OTC, is good in a pinch, like if you have to maintain a job and can't afford to miss any time. The downside of course, is that Loperamide won't cure you and has the potential to raise your tolerance, so keep that in mind.

Yep, this sums it up pretty much.

I don't want to live “this way“ neither. At least Not the part about copping dope, withdrawing...
Having an unlimited steady supply of the opioide(s) of my choice, well that would be something I would like.=D

I've been in the Heroin(diacetylmorphine)-program here in Germany. Except the fact that you would have to go to that place 2-3 times a day it was actually perfect. ;)

Free opioide of choice for everyone is what we need.=D

Did you actually get high after shooting up at the clinic?i hated going to the methadone clinic once a day so going to some place 2-3 times a day would be a pain in the ass..your entire life would revolve around these visits..

Good luck on living a normal life after years of using heroin!its pretty difficult as the definition of normal is all messed up

Ahhh...withdrawals at the worst time....lucky me, I always have withdrawals at the best and most convenient of times! :D

I'm just busting your chops. If you continue down this road, you'll see that it will just get exponentially worse. It is really good though that you are having the thoughts of quitting, but if you are already anticipating getting your next script on Tuesday, it seems unlikely.

I never found much comfort from any OTC stuff personally, but xanax and high dose benzos will help with the anxiety and possibly to sleep, depending on how severe your habit is.

If you are serious about quitting, forget about Tuesday! You have to break the cycle!

Good luck.

I know it might be a blow to the ego but I was in the same predicament. I eventually decided I'd rather have my wife give me my day's supply each morning and know I'd make it till the end of the month as opposed to continually running out early. Of course you need to be at a place in your life where this sort of arrangement can work but if it's possible, it's a reasonably good alternative IMHO. Good Luck!