• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin withdrawal timeline didn't make sense? and what should i do?

HatemodeNJ

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,
Long time browser, but this is my first post.

Quick background on me:
7 years on various opiates. First 6 oxies (peaking at 10-16 30mg IR a day) with PST to get by in between being broke or unable to get doc. Finally switched to H the past year. And average about a brick a day snorted only. Never IV.

This stuff is ruining my life (and it also took my sisters life) and i just want off. Finally tried to get clean this week. Last dose was like 6am Monday morning. Everything went great.. Too great until Friday afternoon and I crashed harder then ever before. I have no idea why it took that long to get sick. The first 24-36 hours I was just super tired. Next couple days just minor wds. What would be the cause? Normally I get sick after 12-18 hours. Cut with something like methadone possibly? Or just built up in my system?

I tried using a small amount of subs on Friday. First 2mg. Did nothing. Did 4mg more. Nothing. Didn't feel any better at all. Infact my stomach problems got 10x worse then ever before. But they were expired by a year. Maybe I just need a higher dose? To get by I scored again :( but any suggestions on coming down and still functioning?

Thank you for any input.

Last edited:
Relapse is just part of the process... stay in as long as the withdrawal/crash as possible. You'll probably relapse but relapsing is really the only way to get out to some degree, as long as you understand that your tolerance is lowered when you withdraw for some time and proceed with extreme caution. But sometimes a mental break from hell on earth can reset your mental tolerance to the withdrawal and allows you to keep on fighting it again. Eventually it will recede completely as long as you as you never return to your old habits or use more than a week at a time. Take as long as you need to to get out of opiate addiction as it is an EXTREMELY complex relationship that users possess with heroin/oxy. The ones that are so determined to quit cold turkey and "never touch opiates again" tend to fail because the withdrawal and relearning to live life again without them is just such a huge jump and so incredibly intense.

If you're really detremined to quit your body/mind will be pushed to the absolute limit no matter what tools you quit with. I won't lie to you it's going to suck more than anything has ever sucked before. My final withdarawl from harder opiates was so difficult mentally and I had quite a few breakdowns/felt like I could never really break the everyday habit of oxy but it reallyyyyyy does get way better if you keep trying. I relapsed an embarassing amount of times but each time I did I went back into trying the quitting path again and pills started to feel less and less enjoyable probably due to the guilt factor involved. Also, eventually if you stay in the withdrawal long enough you do start to enjoy basic things in life more, like cooking..sex.... etc. Once your natural ability to enjoy things besides ops begins to return the light appears at the end of the tunnel. I'm sorry to hear about your sister, those things happen.

As for your question... alot of people tend to metabolize opiates at different rates depending on things. If the H you were using was great you may not withdraw as fast as you do with mediocre/crappy H. If subs are useless at even 4mg I wouldn't recommend that route.. it's not for everyone and often subs are mishandled unless you have a great doctor or someone to moderate you. You can kick this habit it's just going to be more than you can process/handle as it is with most.

Last edited:
So I am from the south most state of the US so I dont know how much a brick when weighed, I hear terms like brick and bundle and dont really know how much they weigh in grams.

BUT I can offer this. I am proud to say that I have overcome a serious opiate addiction. I lost literally everything for about 4 years. Then went on Bupe ORT and continued to IV H and IV subs in cycles depending on how much money I had to buy the heroin that I craved.

One day I had this thought that I really shouldn't be doing this to myself anymore. It wasnt an epiphany or anything special, it was like thinking about what you might want for dinner that night. Anyways, 2 today's later and I tapered off the suboxone in a little under a month (Sublingual not IV) and havent shot dope ever again. Although I started taking kratom about a year into full opiate sobriety, I still take it every day but it hasnt become any problem whatsoever.

I will mention I have had serious stomach problems once I quit. My stomach and my intestines have never stopped that withdrawal phase. I have to go shoot liquid fire out of my ass 12-15 times a day and have debilitating pain. I started some meds that have brought it down significantly though.

Okay sorry I made this way to long. I dont know how much you use a day but I bet its pretty high considering you're oxy dose. With all of the unknown shit that is being mixed with dope like fent and such, it might be possible a longer acting opioid was mixed into your dope.
If you are trying to quit then I would try methadone if the bupe isn't working, it's a lot more effective, although it does have serious downsides.

Most heroin is cut with fentanyl analogs, and while most have shorter elimination half lives than heroin, some have longer ones. Morphine (heroin itself is gone in a minute or two) is about 4 hours, fentanyl is under an hour, but carfentanil is 5.5 hours. With novel analogs, who knows what half lives they and their active metabolites (if any) have.

I have experienced similar situations before...did about 6 or 7 bags and you would think I would be withdrawing in about 12 to 18 hours but sometimes I would start the sneezing and drippy nose maybe after a day and a half or more. I've been using off and on about 30 years so you can consider me a hardened veteran of heroin use. Been through the detoxes, MMT, subs and all that. Got totally clean a few times but recently I had some psychological issues when I was clean...it was weird like my mind was in constant overdrive it seemed; couldn't stop thinking about anything and everything!!! Also the insommnia was a real bitch which pills of any type wouldn't fix...Guess my brain was used to being under a narcotic state and I functioned normally(of course with the usual over doing it when i was nodding hard)...

What do you think? Seems to me when I'm using, my mind was in total control and I could think, sleep and do everything a normal person does...but with no heroin or fent and clean of all narcotics it feels to me like my brain is in a speeding car with no brakes...like it wants to do all the thinking it couldn't do when under the influence...btw my MOA is IV....

I have experienced similar situations before...did about 6 or 7 bags and you would think I would be withdrawing in about 12 to 18 hours but sometimes I would start the sneezing and drippy nose maybe after a day and a half or more. I've been using off and on about 30 years so you can consider me a hardened veteran of heroin use. Been through the detoxes, MMT, subs and all that. Got totally clean a few times but recently I had some psychological issues when I was clean...it was weird like my mind was in constant overdrive it seemed; couldn't stop thinking about anything and everything!!! Also the insommnia was a real bitch which pills of any type wouldn't fix...Guess my brain was used to being under a narcotic state and I functioned normally(of course with the usual over doing it when i was nodding hard)...

What do you think? Seems to me when I'm using, my mind was in total control and I could think, sleep and do everything a normal person does...but with no heroin or fent and clean of all narcotics it feels to me like my brain is in a speeding car with no brakes...like it wants to do all the thinking it couldn't do when under the influence...btw my MOA is IV....

I have the same issue. Ever since I quit real opiates (not even the kratom helps this) my mind is constantly thinking. Its very frustrating and has caused enormous anxiety and stress. I have racing negative thoughts all the time. They aren't all negative, sometimes they are just repeated loops of the same thought, like a song stuck in your head, and sometimes an actual song stuck in your head. But it lasts hours, if not all day. The only way I could get by was drinking copious amounts of alcohol. I have stopped drinking so hard recently and as a result all of the racing thoughts and insomnia are back though.

Sorry about the delay in responding been a busy week. Just wanted to say thank you for the few responses.

I been doing about a brick a day (5buns- 50 bags). The dope I been getting has been meh lately. Lost my really good connect. Probably for the better though. Kicking from that stuff was tough. I still find it surprising the subs didn't help at all considering they've always helped at least a little. I got desperate today before work and bought some kratom and even though its been a longtime.. I forgot how much it can help.

Sigh, it's so sad to think the first 30 I did I threw up for two days lol.. Now 15-20+ bags or 10 blues at once and nothing except feeling normal. The drug that ruined me though was PST. It was so cheap I could do as much as I wanted - if I got my doc.. Didn't need to conserve.. Never had to worry about being sick :\ it was a life saver many times, but I should it kept it fun.

Last edited: