• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Withdrawal Nightmares

Wow. I've never had too bad an experience with these - I'd either find it impossible to sleep during acute w/d or when I finally did manage to fall asleep, my dreams and nightmares were about the same as they always are, just somewhat more vivid, making recall easier.

Perhaps the only negative thing I can remember is the return of a nightmare I used to have as a child - I had the ability to fly, but halfway through would be accosted by an unknown assailant, at which point I'd try to flee only to find that I suddenly can't fly, can't throw punches (basically paralyzed), and would wake up just before the unknown assailant "killed" me. Probably a good deal of psychological stuff going on there.

I also remember one nightmare in which I had a huge amount of heroin on me, was smoking it very freely in public, and got arrested for it. That one really sucked while it was happening but I was really stoked when I woke up and I was in the safety of my own room.
Tell me about it man I was beyond stoked when I woke up at my place from the homicide dream I had and not locked up in a cell for 25+ years. It was a huge relief

Yeah exactly^, last night I had one where a homicide investigation team approached me and said they had a warrant for my arrest for a murder, it was so fucking real and vivid. It was so weird because in the dream I was talking to a buddy about 'the murder' and he knew who did it and the name of the person who was murdered and they framed me for it and I started having a panic attack in my dream, closest way I can explain the feeling it was pure terror and hoplessness.

Imagine living life normally like everyone else in society just a normal day, then the next second a homicide team walking up to you and instantly cuffing you for a murder you did not commit on sight, out of no where and instantly realizing your life is basically over, absolutely nothing you can do about it.

It was a mixure of panic, terror, hoplessness, insane anxiety, and confusion. I did take 10MG of melatonin lastnight too though so that could have also played a role

Every dose of melatonin higher than ~1 mg gives me vivid and entertaining nightmares. :D

Although nightmares suck, take it as a blessing that you're at least sleeping!

When I'm in wd and am finally able to doze off, My dreams are just the samething repeating over and over again, until I finally get so irritated that I wake up! It's like they're on a 5-10 second loop, so GD annoying!

Anyone else experience this 5-10 second "loop dreaming"?

- Hopeless Soul

Although nightmares suck, take it as a blessing that you're at least sleeping!

When I'm in wd and am finally able to doze off, My dreams are just the samething repeating over and over again, until I finally get so irritated that I wake up! It's like they're on a 5-10 second loop, so GD annoying!

Anyone else experience this 5-10 second "loop dreaming"?

- Hopeless Soul
True I feel you on the getting irritated and waking up. When im WDing and able to sleep 75% of the time its shitty low quality sleep and ill wake up so fuckin pissed, I punched a hole in my wall and closet door from waking from shitty sleep and extreme agitation caused by the shit sleep

True I feel you on the getting irritated and waking up. When im WDing and able to sleep 75% of the time its shitty low quality sleep and ill wake up so fuckin pissed, I punched a hole in my wall and closet door from waking from shitty sleep and extreme agitation caused by the shit sleep

I know the feeling bud, one of the worst things is when you can feel your rls in your sleep, and your legs are just jumping around underneath your blankets, and you start to realize what's going on, and you try to stay asleep, but it's too irritating that it eventually wins out, and you wake up abruptly!

- Hopeless

[x] Don't invite 024liakam for a pyjama party

Whenever I start an Ibogaine Party, you're welcome, of course if the distance is convenient. No seriously, if you're not in chronic pain I would suggest, to try that. There are some expert mods, that know more about it.

Am I the only one that deliberately goes into the very, very mildest of WD, for its oneirogenic effect?

Not talking anything that causes physical discomfort, I just switch temporarily from my morphine to using the oxy, and take a dose sufficiently low to stave off physical withdrawal, and alleviate the pain they are taken for. Or mostly for, and time it to mostly wear off as I sleep. Results in the most vivid dreaming, only thing I can compare it with is high-dose valerian extract.

Am I the only one that deliberately goes into the very, very mildest of WD, for its oneirogenic effect?

Not talking anything that causes physical discomfort, I just switch temporarily from my morphine to using the oxy, and take a dose sufficiently low to stave off physical withdrawal, and alleviate the pain they are taken for. Or mostly for, and time it to mostly wear off as I sleep. Results in the most vivid dreaming, only thing I can compare it with is high-dose valerian extract.

LOL yeah probably! Although, I do like how emotional music and shit becomes in the begining stages of wd, you seem to "feel" it more.. but it's something I wouldn't do deliberately..

- Hopeless 7nos

I dont know if its just me or other people experienced this too but sometimes during the beginning of withdrawal (first 24-36 hours) I experience slight euphoria sometimes and can be in a good mood also feel unusually phsyically good and that is always followed by full blown mental and physical hell the next day, thats how I know shits about to hit the fan or when my anxiety starts getting bad, another warning

Im withdrawaling kind of bad rn had to take a zofran and still nauseous and my heart was pounding (before I smoked a decent amount of ice) and my anxiety was getting really bad, but I feel great now, still alittle nausea but i think its from the ice

Last edited:
Whenever I start an Ibogaine Party, you're welcome, of course if the distance is convenient. No seriously, if you're not in chronic pain I would suggest, to try that. There are some expert mods, that know more about it.
Where are you from? that aroused my curiousity. Im from parkersburg wv

The nightmares are a bloody nightmare !!
Some nights I'm just terrified to go to sleep.
My dreams of Satan are so real & vivid. It doesn't help that I'm a major satanic black metal fan too.
Hope ye are all doing well guys xxx :)

I love threads like these , bluelight is bCk to awesomeness lately .

Anyways , I have those exact nightmares during WD where I see friends from high school or friends who didn't use catch me with a rig or me shooting in my dream that or, I'll be on a plane to fly somewhere far and I'm panicking how am I gonna have a sac to get me well ??

I also have been able to experience the positive aspects of this when you're in control of the Dream and can fly , but that's rare and tends to occur when I'm recovering on day 7-10 feeling normalish, and I also have those where I can't swing punches and "I die" and wake up lol

...and I also have those where I can't swing punches and "I die" and wake up lol

I know right? What is that? It's such a terrible nightmare because I always have no clue I'm dreaming/really asleep (I can't go lucid, been trying for over a decade) so it's as if I'm going to die in the most ridiculous way possible, unable to even lay a finger on my assailant (who is invariably unidentifiable).

It seems that the general theme is a common dream "archetype" shared by many.

I had the most horrendous nightmares during benzo withdrawal. Many of them seemed to involve unseen demons and or poltergeists who simply tormented me with terror