• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe withdrawal help!!!!!!!!!

WasteLand Warrior

Bluelighter
so i went on a 2 week herion bender it got upn to a 1/2 a G of some good ass #4 herion. i quit about a week and a half ago n was doing subs i got down to 2 mgs a day i ran out of subs today and was wondering if i am going to withdrawal and how bad it will be??!! i am a cook and its a very labor intensive job and was wondering if ill still b able to work without subs please help if u have any info

I jumped off from 2mg last time as well but from long, long subs plan,
I could just about manage work, but the night times were killers, no sleep and rls,
Eventually took about a few weeks before I started to feel ok, and started to get a couple of hours feel every night

If you jump from 2mg/day to 0, then yeah that's gonna hurt. I'd recommend trying to find more bupe to taper with, or at least some comfort meds. Bupe w/d isn't as intense as dope w/d but it sure lasts a hell of a lot longer.

I know you probably don't want to hear this but sub withdrawl was one of the WORST things I've ever wd'd from. 2 mg's doesn't seem like a lot but last time I attempted to get sober I jumped off at the 1.5 mg point and it sucked. restless legs, sweats both hot and cold, that shitty flu feeling. like I b profane recommended maybe you should get more sub to taper with, or atleast some benzos.

^^Yes, you're gonna be hurting. Some can pull through, some stay on the rest of their lives...

I've been getting by with just 1mg sub every day (even skipped sunday!!) and it's enough to keep me from experiencing any true, physical, withdrawal.

I'm actually going to try to skip days of 1mg sub and take maybe 200mg tramadol in the in-between days, to make them bearable?
I used to be really close to tramadol, but after not too recently having a sort of bad experience with tramadol during hydro withdrawal I swore it off, forever. mainly due to safety/potential health concerns....I also swore off Bupe forever lol, but here I am!
Idk what's with all these dirty narcotics being Rx'd nowadays, the bupe, trams, Darvocet(until recently), all because they're worried people will get "high" on morphine....thanks a lot highscoolers of America.

Last time I took the tramadol(during morphine withdrawal mind you), I got hypoglycemic at one point and almost panicked...also when I was going to sleep my breathing would like completely stop (possible anxiety?) while I was still awake and it freaked me out so bad I'd jerk awake, scared I was having a serious reaction, or something.

It's very unusual, since for a good 2 years I took 400+mg tramadol at least 5 days out of the week.

Perhaps my ever-rising opioid tolerance (100mg+-50mg hydrocodone(cwe) per day) has shunted the usefuleness of the tramadol?

But I digress, OP, you SHOULD be able to get thru work just fine, unless you suffer from moderate pain etcc......IME suboxone prevents withdrawal for at least 48 hours, I can take it 1 morning, and if I really needed to I could skip the whole next day with MINIMAL PHYSICAL symptoms(watery eyes, yawns).
The mental symptoms are LARGELY up to you, op, NOT ENTIRELY, but largely, if you can maintain a POSITIVE outlook via staying busy at work, you can avoid most of the physical withdrawal for at least 50+ hours.

Good luck op, you can make it, you just gotta be tough....like the people of the old west...you'd be gunned down for spillin yer milk....and all the whores were ugly as shit, and dirty as hell too. Times have changed, indeed.

Work wise, you can probably pull it off, just take 30-50mg of loperamide before hand. It won't get you high, but it helps with some of the sweating and bone aches, definitely the shits.

If you have Neurontin (Gabapentin) take 600mg of that before work and 16-24mg of loperamide. The Neurontin will work wonders for your mental well-being, and take the worst of it away.

If tramadol is an option you could probably use 200mg 2x a day. That'll allow you to sleep normal, for sure, maybe take 250mg at bed, that's what I do.

Otherwise it's just sedatives and time or more opiates and delay the inevitable. But hey, we all got here by delaying the inevitable.