• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Withdrawal from SSRIs, is there anything to speed up recovery?

sacsky

Bluelighter
I have been unsuccessfully on Lexapro,Anafranil and Cymbalta last year. Now I have been off Cymbalta
for a few days and the brain zaps already kick in again. I feel even more depressed now. Between Lexapro and Anafranil
I was 3 weeks off meds and during the whole 3 weeks the brain zaps did not go away!
How long can the withdrawal last? I assume the longer you have been on a SSRI or similar the longer the withdrawal lasts
and I have been on serotonergic drugs with only a few weeks in between since May 2014.
This is freaking me out.
I am still as depressed as always, the damn antidepressants didn't work, and now I even have withdrawal.

What should I do now?
I mean should I try to withdraw until the brain zaps go away?
Or should I simply go on another antidepressant? This would make the zaps go away but what will this at the same time not make future withdrawals
worse? When I got off Lexapro and first got the zaps and then started Anafranil a few weeks later the zaps instantly went away. But after stopping Anafranil
they returned.
What if a person has been on a SSRI or something similar for years? Then the brain has adapted to this. Can you even withdraw after such a long time or
are you forced to stay on the drug forever?

I don't know if I should worry about this very much or not. Fact is I'm still damn depressed and I needed an antidepressant which WORKS!
But what if I cannot find any? I feel more and more hopeless. I also don't have a pdoc who has experience with treatment resistance and who knows all kinds of
tricks and combos. I only have a regular pdoc. I don't know how to find one who has experience with treatment resistance.