• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Withdrawal from oxycodone and MS Contin going well.

Cloudman115

Bluelighter
So, I came on here a year ago when my mom was diagnosed with stage four cancer to get help with cutting her morphine. Now, 14 months later my mom passed away last week. its been tough but the best thing was that i decided to get clean. The pills ran out on Saturday. yeah I could go back to poppy tea but I don’t want to after seeing my mom slowly die from chemo and the cancer, I decided enough was enough. I helped my mom to the end. she died at home without hospice and she was mostly aware to her last breath. RIP momma. the things we fucking did. I couldnt even imaging doing what I did a year ago. But you take care of your own and now she’s looking down on me proud that I am what, 4-5 days sober with the help of some comfort meds which I will stop as well.

Well, during this time I always made sure my mom had enough pain meds I would always have the doctors up her dosage. She received 180 10mg oxycodone a month, and 165mg MS Contin a day. Now she only took at best one oxy a day and maybe two 15 mg morphine ER. As you can see I had a lot of drugs for about 10 month. See, they don’t drug test palliative pain management patients so i made the best of a horrible situation. the morphine dose was lower but the oxy was consistent through out. I was high every day, and it was free.

I want to discuss my withdrawa/ detox I went or am going through. i took 3 doses of 60 mg morphine on Friday knowing it was my last. But than going through my moms jewerly box I found 10 more oxycodone. Fuck yeah I ate them. So last dose was Saturday at 2pm. Saturday night I took 8 lomotil (Lomotil is prescribed to cancer patients for the shits. ) it is a opiate that crosses the blood brain barrier. So I know it has abuse potential.
Sunday morning 8 more lomotil. so Sunday Monday I dosed lomotil 2 times a day and took .5mg Ativan at night along with 300-900mg gabapentin. Tuesday, Wednesday i dosed 4 2.5 mg Lomotil only at night, along with the gabapentin. And her I am going into Thursday and I am hanging in there. No Ativan tonight, as I want to stop that and hopefully tomorrow very little gabapentin and lomotil. Hot showers really helped with the anxiety. Yeah nights are tough but I can do this! I feel like the worst is over. So., just like with loperamide small to medium doses are a life saver. There isn’t a need to take high doses during withdrawal because than your just trading off one addication for another.
hopefully things go well on Thursday but I am calling it a night.

any suggestions or worries of my detox would be greatly appreciated. Sorry it was so long but I couldn’t sleep.
I worry about gabapentin withdrawal and I gotta jump from the lomotil soon But all in good time.

I would get the worst fucking headache that along with the insomnia and anxiety and Restless legs I feel okay.
I wonder if the headache has anything to do with my brain fixing all the fucked up shit these pain meds did to it. I hope so.
i am not gonna lie, I thought I wasn’t going to make it, but than by Wednesday night I felt so much better.
I also have a 8mg suboxone that I didn’t use and don’t plan on using at this point.

Last edited:
Good to hear you're doing what you need to do to get off. The real bullshit would've started if you had tried to keep the habit going after the meds ran out.

Sorry to hear about your mom too.... that's a rough one. Condolences.

I'm sorry about your loss. It sounds like you are withdrawing in the best way possible, and you should be through it in no time. I wish you the best.

Thanks. Yeah I plan on taking nothing tonight. But we will see. I had a couple beers which never helps but will go sit in the tub foe 30 minutes letting the shower poorer down on me.

any idea about the headaches anybody?

Thanks. Yeah I plan on taking nothing tonight. But we will see. I had a couple beers which never helps but will go sit in the tub foe 30 minutes letting the shower poorer down on me.

any idea about the headaches anybody?
The part that I put in bold, is hugely relaxing and should be utilised whenever required <3

My deepest condolences for losing your momma. She would be SO proud of how you're doing now.

As for the headaches? I would think perhaps due to a combination of things. Dehydration (were you sweating? drinking enough water?), low blood sugar from not eating and/or vomiting/diarrhoea, insomnia, AND also heightened pain perception as part of the opiate withdrawals. This one was huge for me when I was coming off pain pills. It went on for many many months after I was clean! Literally everything hurt. I had headaches, various joints would randomly hurt from one day to the next, my feet hurt, my fingers hurt, I had nerve pain, I thought I might be getting MS or some kind of nerve disease. It was so bad and went on for so long that I was convinced I actually had something wrong with me. I had heaps of scans, CTs, MRIs, and saw a neurologist. And no they wouldn't give me any pain meds hahahaha *facepalm*. Of course there wasn't anything wrong, it was literally just that my pain receptors were still recovering from being muted for so long.

The part that I put in bold, is hugely relaxing and should be utilised whenever required <3

My deepest condolences for losing your momma. She would be SO proud of how you're doing now.

As for the headaches? I would think perhaps due to a combination of things. Dehydration (were you sweating? drinking enough water?), low blood sugar from not eating and/or vomiting/diarrhoea, insomnia, AND also heightened pain perception as part of the opiate withdrawals. This one was huge for me when I was coming off pain pills. It went on for many many months after I was clean! Literally everything hurt. I had headaches, various joints would randomly hurt from one day to the next, my feet hurt, my fingers hurt, I had nerve pain, I thought I might be getting MS or some kind of nerve disease. It was so bad and went on for so long that I was convinced I actually had something wrong with me. I had heaps of scans, CTs, MRIs, and saw a neurologist. And no they wouldn't give me any pain meds hahahaha *facepalm*. Of course there wasn't anything wrong, it was literally just that my pain receptors were still recovering from being muted for so long.
Sorry I haven’t been around. So, almost 10 days without the oxycodone and morphine . I stopped the lomotil Monday so five days without any opiate. No more gabapentin and just two nights of .5 mg Ativan Tuesday, Wednesday cause insomnia sucks!
I dumped the lomotil for good.
headaches I have to agree maybe just a heightened pain perception And the body readjusting But it is getting a lot better.
thanks for the responses.

I sold all my poppy seeds, I dont think I would ever score illegal drugs, so I think I got this. Next up is jumping off alcohol.
had 4 beers today and we will see what tomorrow brings.
i will slowly taper to 2-4 beers a day and hopefully all goes well. I’ve dealt with alcohol problems for a while. So hopefully this is the time. Every time I stop drinking I always feel better. But than I say ”hay I got this let’s have a couple drinks “. Than all hell breaks out. Alcohol can be just as bad as drugs. Obviously.
the life of a addict.

That's awesome man, well done!!!

Alcohol can be a real bitch to get off completely, because it's legal, it's everywhere, it's socially acceptable, and it's relatively cheap. But you gotta do what's best for YOU, always remember that.

I'm sorry about your loss. It sounds like you are withdrawing in the best way possible, and you should be through it in no time. I wish you the best.
Hey new to all this. Is there anyway you can contact me privately??

OP - I am sorry for your loss. As others have said, it seems you are making the best of a terrible situation and for that I commend you. If it's any solace, I would have (and probably will do) the exact same thing when my mother begins the death process. I am the executor of her will and am just very close with her. She already is a pain management patient and is more than generous, and I am historically a serious opioid addict, so I can already see it. Fuck, I plan on it to ease the blow.
I do appreciate all the positive support it can help so much. Hey chemist, one thing I am dealing with as the executor is i drained what money was left in two of her checking accounts after she died . This is illegal and I needed to follow probate. Yada yada. But an easy way around this and if your mother trusts you would be to set up joint account with you on it. This way you legally can withdrawal money after her death. Everyone’s situation is different but that’s just a big thing I ran into.
hopefully your mother has many great years left! Just spend that time, I was high for most of her last 14 months (from diagnosis to death ) but with covid I was able to take time away from work and really enjoyed spending every moment with her. I mostly got fucked up after she went to bed. She knew I was taking her pills every now and then But I always made sure she had enough.

Anyway, keep your head up. I seriously commend you for getting clean right now. Again, as others have said, the real bullshit would have started when all the meds ran out if you tried to stay in active use.
I am trying. Today is day four with almost no alcohol. So I said fuck it I gotta do it. No more Ativan as of Thursday. And I feel okay. I’ve been a heavy drinker for almost 17 years. I am 37 there about. ive always went back to the alcohol (beer) so we will see. It’s so acceptable in society it’s sad really. Off course I pretty much drank alone the last couple of years More days than not. elevated blood pressure and heart rate nothing to run to the doctor about. But I take my dog for “hikes” and every day off the sauce we go longer and harder. It’s hard to sleep but that’s improving.
I wanted to jump in here and say that yes, lomotil (diphenoxylate/atropine) is a highly useful tool in opioid withdrawal. For others reading, it's just important to stay at or below the maximum single dose of atropine which is 0.4mg (16 lomotil tablets) in a 4 - 6 hour period.

Atropine has a relatively short half life compared to diphenoxylate so I have found that staggering the doses is quite helpful in bypassing some of the bothersome anticholinergic side effects; the diphenoxylate continues to build in effect.
that’s great info. I always stayed under that because fuck, I read just about every page of the loperamide diaries on here and that is Sad. Now, I’ve abused lope as well but only to jump off tea. i literally dumpEd the lomotil down the toilet on Monday? I had hundreds of those left. I felt a buzz at say 10-13 and just 4 - 6 would help me sleep.
Also, dextromethorphan (DXM) has been shown in clinical trials to be effective at managing heroin withdrawal when administered in therapeutic doses every 4-6 hours (I think?). I personally found it effective when coming off of hydrocodone and kratom. On a rough day ahead, you may want to try a small dose of this OTC cough suppressant.

Stay strong. Fuck, you're inspirational honestly.
Hopefully I am done with drugs. Before this yearly binge I did poppy tea for maybe a year, that was a drawn out withdrawal and before that I was prescribed hydros for two years before this craz epidemic hit. So only three opiate withdrawals but plenty from alcohol. I kinda got alcohol withdrawal down. It’s sad.

dxm I wonder if that’s what I took A couple times in high school to trip on. this guy who just died from a her ion overdose ( fentanyl) did it like everyday. I am thinking of coricidin.

just saying I am inspirational means so much to me right now. It’s been a long time since I’ve done good in life. But, I want to live and hopefully be sober. the way I abuse drugs and alcohol I doubt I live 20 more years if I don’t stop.

Peace and good luck with everything. Seriously. I’ll pop in and update my life. Because usually when I am using I ain’t on here. Lol.

Last edited:
@Cloudman115 it is really awesome to hear you're going so well man, keep it up <3

Hey new to all this. Is there anyway you can contact me privately??
You can either post in this thread, or if it's something that you'd like a moderator to address, I can private message you if you like?