• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Withdrawal from Ativan after 2 weeks?

Wow the Zopiclone leaves a bad taste. Was even tasting it this morning. It did allow me to sleep for 6-7 hours.

After getting up I did feel like crap within an hour, I made a mistake and had coffee though. I ended up taking .25 of the clonazepam. It kinda got me to normal within an hour or 2. Now I'm just getting really tired, not sure if its the meds or my body is still messed. Anyway today was a lot better then the last few. Can .25mg just be enough? Could it also be the zopiclone in my system still or is that gone by now?

Bullshit
vomit nausea or diarrhea are opioid withdrawal signs and don't happen that often with benzo withdrawal

Anxiety etc isn't normal and is a withdrawal sign (and it's not just psychological, like 7nos-SS373dOH said, increased blood pressure ect. can lead to anxiety and vice versa)
If you start shaking it's time to go to the hospital

OP, how're you doing today?

Vommitting and diarrhea are part of benzo withdrawal. At least they have been for me. It's all the symptoms of opiate withdrawal plus some other nasty ones.

Wow the Zopiclone leaves a bad taste. Was even tasting it this morning. It did allow me to sleep for 6-7 hours.

After getting up I did feel like crap within an hour, I made a mistake and had coffee though. I ended up taking .25 of the clonazepam. It kinda got me to normal within an hour or 2. Now I'm just getting really tired, not sure if its the meds or my body is still messed. Anyway today was a lot better then the last few. Can .25mg just be enough? Could it also be the zopiclone in my system still or is that gone by now?

Z-drugs have been known to have that bad taste side effect. If 0.25 makes you feel normal, then thats probably your perfect dose. Just be sure to taper off as quickly as you can, and don't hesitate to go back to your doctor if your WD is too severe for you to handle. Like KK said, go to the Dr if you start shaking and notice any symptoms of an oncoming seizure. that wont happen with the low dose of clonazepam in your system, though

Vommitting and diarrhea are part of benzo withdrawal. At least they have been for me. It's all the symptoms of opiate withdrawal plus some other nasty ones.

i disagree, there are 2 nasty opiate wd symptoms that thankfully do not come along with benzo wds ..first is the absolute crushing 'nightmarish depression', and second are the truly agonizing restless legs that leave us opiate fiends kicking all night long..restless legs sounds silly and baby-ish but i guarantee if peple experienced a few nights of it, they would quickly change their minds lol

I used Ativan 5mg three times a day for a month and swapped to diazepam 20mg two times a day reducing 5mg every three days. Experienced no withdrawal at all. If you are feeling like you are in a benzo withdrawal or are in one get your doctor to put you on the equivalent amount of diazepam to whatever benzo you are taking and reduce slowly. The long half life makes it a lot easier. You were only on a small dose of Ativan so you would not require a lot of diazepam to do a slow reduction taper. Mine was fairly rapid as i wanted off the stuff and 5mg reduction every 3 days is what she said. It worked for me.

I used Ativan 5mg three times a day for a month and swapped to diazepam 20mg two times a day reducing 5mg every three days. Experienced no withdrawal at all. If you are feeling like you are in a benzo withdrawal or are in one get your doctor to put you on the equivalent amount of diazepam to whatever benzo you are taking and reduce slowly. The long half life makes it a lot easier. You were only on a small dose of Ativan so you would not require a lot of diazepam to do a slow reduction taper. Mine was fairly rapid as i wanted off the stuff and 5mg reduction every 3 days is what she said. It worked for me.

Thats what I was doing with the clonazepam. Taking smaller and smaller doses for a few days. Everything was fine until I had a really bad attack yesterday. Had to take 1mg ativan again. Its been week since I needed one. I guess its not withdrawal but bad rebound. Getting bad anxiety attacks whenever I get off this stuff. Maybe I went to quick or maybe I just got to deal with it.

Rebound anxiety is part of the withdrawal but its not the dangerous part per se. Seizures are the worry but i think with the dose you are on its very unlikely you would experience anything like that. I still suggest a slow taper with diazepam if you are experiencing severe anxiety. Its half life makes it the gold standard for getting off benzo's without major issues. Unfortunately benzos are not a long term solution for anxiety. Seeing a psychologist, cbt, exercise, healthy diet etc are better in the long term with benzos just used for particularly bad humps. Good luck with it. Hope you are feeling better soon.