• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Withdrawal after six hours

Hezman94

Bluelighter
Say I wake up take 80mg morphine I feel good but by the six hour point I feel agitated I don't know if all in my head.
I got a high tolerance to Oxy I could take 200mg in a day easy. I feel I wrecked my tolerance purposely or is it cos im not taking the extended properly.
Problem is i been crushing my tabs for years won't I have a bad rattle.
I asked before but didn't wanna revive a old thread.
I'm doing better one point I was taking methadone of street everyday which also has fucked my tolerance and once s month I go on a Oxy binge which fucks me over.
The thing is I have restless leg syndrome and also prescribed quetiapine.
I get ropinirole which helps but I dunno if I'm confusing them two as surely I shouldn't be rattly after six hours.
Should I take the extended whole I wish I never abused them as I don't be sick or owt but just really depressed.
The main question is if I can take more than sixty mg instant in one go would taking a sixty mg extended put me in withdrawal bad

Hey Hez,

Sorry to hear this mate.
I learned my lesson on that one. I have just gotten my tolerance back down and am taking prescribed amount and having it work good.
I always chew mine. I use the MS Contin though and you are using a different kind with beads so IDK what that is doing.

chewing or crushing mine and taking still makes mine last 12 hours.
now, if I was to crush them and let them sit in some water for 12 hours then it turns them into instant release. Sort of. Lol!
Theh only last 4-5 hours that way.

Best thing to do is find the lowest dosage you can stand and just stick to it until you are comfortable. Then lower it a bit at a time.
If you don’t have the supply for that then just stick to your prescribed dosage even though it is going to be uncomfortable.
It is ALOT better than cold turkey.
Your body will adjust if you just stick it out and then keep it that way. Ya know? Withdrawal sucks!

I would think that yes you would be in pretty bad withdrawal if you went from 60 mg instant to 60 mg extended release.
But, the extended release do build up and have more of an effect so it might not be too bad.
Let us know. I hope you feel better.

Last edited: