Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Wisdom Teeth

Sin

Bluelighter
Hey

Im having all 4 my wisdom teeth removed in the coming months and just curious about which Benzodiazepines and drugs in general im likely to have prescribed for the pain after the surgery. Im going to be under general anesthetic cause due to crowding etc its going to be complex/painful to remove (he talked about cutting the gums and chiseling the jaw :\) Quite often i have heard of people complaining of having pain or troubles sleeping for the purpose of attaining more benzoids. Intrested in knowing how suspicious/hesitant doctors would be perscribing medicines after wisdom teeth removal surgury. If anyone has any idea what the best type i should try get to control the pain is please share (recreationaly best appreciated too)

Ive read a few other posts but most seem to be from the US,
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128858&r=8
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113072&highlight=teeth
Sin

Last edited:
To be honest I don't know what's prescribed following such heavy dental surgery. Judging from the pain seen in some others over the 2-3 day post op, I'd say Pethidine would be a good bet, providing there isn't something contraindicated with the type of surgery- but I'd doubt it. More likely though you'll be given Forte or something with codeine, but hardly sufficient to ease the pain IMO.

For me, genetics (for once) worked in my favour and I simply never grew any bottom wisdom teeth. It's the bottom teeth which are usually the trouble. The jaw has to be dislocated to remove them. Good luck, you'll deserve some recreational escape when you can smile again ;)

I had my four wisdom teeth hacked out from the jaw a few years ago and they just gave me a shot of pethadine in the hospital and that was it. No benzos, pain killers or any fun toys. Bastards.

phase_dancer is on the ball. Unless there are very unusual circumstances all they will do is give you some Panadiene Forte (Paracetamole+Codiene) and send you on your way. (My girlfriend had them out last year)

Yeah I think it's pretty rare these days for them to give you anything of recreational fun. If you end up like my brother all he had was the drugs that knocked him out for about 4 hours.

pussies ;) i had 6 wisadom teeth removed... no idea what they gave me drug wise, what ever it was it was before i came to and i didn't get given anything to take home... except some gel stuff to use that acted as a local annesthetic (sp?)

I didn't find it too bad tho. I left the hospital immediately after (couple of hours after going in) and was fone after a day or two. just had to be careful of what was eaten for the next couple of weeks. I still food stuck in the gap and it has been 5-6 yrs :)

Maxi

Bah... ive got Panadiene Forte sitting in my cubboard already, it used to be able to be bought over the counter didn't it? *shrugs* ill just complain about the pain so i get somthing decent. Sounds really painfull and id prefer to be a sissy and be outa it for a few days lol.

wisdoms

I had the bottoms taken out about a year ago .. private hospital ..
they drugged me up big time... but when i went home 2 hours after surgery... i woke up feeling pretty traashed... thewy sent me home saying take nurofen .. I have to admit the stitches were more annoying .. i didnt feel much pain only bruising from when they drilled part of my jawbone away.. sounds pretty rough ..but it aint..whatever u do dont smoke cigs or pot.. especially a bong.. i did and i ended up with a dry socket.. thats when IT REALLY HURT PEOPLE .... AND DONT EAT ANY FOODS SUCH AS FOODS WITH PEANUTS FOR ATLEAST 3 MONTHS AFTER SURGERY !!! REMEMBER U WILL HAVE 2 BIG HOLES IN THE BACK OF YOUR MOUTH MAYBE FOREVER .. I STILL HAVE HOLES BUT THEY HAVE CLOSED IN MOST OF THE WAY.. remeber food u eat will get caught in thoses holes.. so always swish your mouth with warm salt water after EVERY MEAL !!!!
Cost me $1500 luck for me i had healthcare .. so i got $800 back

Hmm ... i guess doing nangs would be a VERY bad idea then afterwards :p

My mate got his done thru the army, some rookie dentist fresh outta dental school did and fucked most of the soldiers teeth right up. One bloke lost his sense of taste, another got his nerves all fucked up, and most of them get major pains occasionally. Worst part is, being in the army, they can't sue the dentist.

^^ if ya friend is a smoker than hes already lost his sense of tafe...
umm tell the doctor that ya mouth hurts & ya want some painkillers.. good enough excuse

I had a rather painful experience with 2 wisdom teeth last year... One had to be cracked in half before being pulled out, and my jaw had to be chiseled in one spot to let the other fucker out. I've got 3 left. :\

Anyway - I was under a local anaesthetic (novocaine), and I got prescribed Panadeine Forte for when it wore off...

:)

My brother had his wisdom teeth taken out two years ago, and was given a prescription of Anamorph (morphine) tablets to take home.

BigTrancer :)

Hmmm seems to depend alot on which dental surgon you get it done by and the level of complication the removal has.

Western Australia only has 3 dental surgons that do wisdom teeth removal (to my knowledge)so hrmmm...

Sin

I could only imagine nangs as being a very fun way to numb the mouth after the surgery. I doubt that they would cause any issues. After all No2 is what dentists use or used isnt it?

^^ its n2o, not no2, and it isn't used to numb your mouth. It is used to raise the pain threshold as well as calm and sedate you.

^^ +

NEVER get the two confused.

N2O is laughing gas or nitrous oxide. It will make you feel funny.

NO2 is a DEADLY poisonous gas which quickly forms nitrous and nitric acids in the lungs when inhaled. These acids dissolve tissue as quick as butter melts in a frypan.

N20 and NO2 = big big mistake :p
Nitrous oxide and nitric oxcide = big big mistake :p

Anyway doing nangs with wisdom teeth removed... would that cause dry sockets at all ? (i relize your not dentists etc but somone might have some wisdom to share ;) )

Sin