• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Wine destroys my urinary tract...painful urination

JohnnyGoodBoy

Bluelighter
I did a google search, and I'm not the only one. LAtely, whenever I drink red wine about 60-90 minutes later I get this horrible, burning, uncomfortable feeling in my urinary tract/bladder area. It hurts somewhat to pee, however if I drink a lot of water, and pee, this flushes my system and makes me feel better.

This really sucks because I love wine, and if I'm out on a date, it kind of sucks not to be able to order a glass of wine with my meal. Or like, if she orders wine I don't want to have to get beer.

Anyways...does anyone know any way around this problem? Any home remedies? Any types of wines that might not cause this (less acidic, less sugar?). I'm not sure if it happens with white wine, but if ALWAYS happens with red, ESPECIALLY sangria!

any advice would be great.

Talk to your doctor about it. They can tell you what it is exactly. If wine is ACTUALLY damaging your urinary system, then you need to avoid it at all costs. Damaging organs for the taste of wine is not worth it.

I did a google search, and I'm not the only one. LAtely, whenever I drink red wine about 60-90 minutes later I get this horrible, burning, uncomfortable feeling in my urinary tract/bladder area. It hurts somewhat to pee, however if I drink a lot of water, and pee, this flushes my system and makes me feel better.

This really sucks because I love wine, and if I'm out on a date, it kind of sucks not to be able to order a glass of wine with my meal. Or like, if she orders wine I don't want to have to get beer.

Anyways...does anyone know any way around this problem? Any home remedies? Any types of wines that might not cause this (less acidic, less sugar?). I'm not sure if it happens with white wine, but if ALWAYS happens with red, ESPECIALLY sangria!

any advice would be great.
It's an irritant for sure

Yeah you’re definitely not the only one.
I know a guy who had seizures induced by red wine.
It’s something to do with the chemical process during making it I think?

He’s ok with white wines but I don’t think there’s any reds he can have
Sorry

Red wine contains minute amounts of GBL.

that's actually really cool.
wineos are into gbl and dont even know it.

i have interstitial cystitis and drinking alcohol would cause extreme bladder pain similar to what you describe. Really you need a urologist a primary care physician will do nothing but test for a UTI then not know where to go from there if that comes back negative.