• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will Vicodin + Effexor ER help cover Tramadol withdraws??

ColoradoBoy90

Bluelighter
Will it work? Vicodin (to cover the opioid WD) and Effexor ER (to cover the SNRI Withdrawals) but it's to cover a 12-15 tablets or so daily habit of Tramadol, which I have only been taking these crazy doses for like 3 weeks now (for a Reason). Before I was taking 400mg/max dose for about 3 months. So I haven't been on this super long-term or anything. But before Tramadol I was on Vicodin/Oxy/etc for years and years.

In short, I have been taking almost 12-15 tablets of Tramadol a day, and my doctor knows about it, is trying to help me cut down, but is gone for next couple days and the pharmacy is refusing to fill his last script. So I need something to help for 1-2 days (when he can talk to pharmacy) as I can't afford to miss work.

I have NOT had any SNRI Withdrawals -- YET. Probably because I took a 24 hour ER Tramadol yesterday. And a 50mg Tramadol IR today (I think.. my memory is getting foggy so maybe some SNRI WD's are slowly creeping up). So that means tomorrow/48 hours without Tramadol I will start to feel BAD SNRI Withdrawals, especially taking 13-15+ Tramadols a day!!
BUT.... what if I do this
1.) Take Vicodin to keep me from puking and all stop all the other horrible opioid WD's.
2.) Take 100mg Tramadol ER (Its my last one and I saved it for tomorrow as I have to work). Tramadol ER's supposedly last 24 hours which is good and bad... Good cause I need it to last long, bad cause I'm used to Instant release not 100mg over 24 hours. I'm used to 250mg all at once 3X or so a day.
3.) Since at the 48 hour mark SNRI WD's will likely start to kick in, what if I take a 37.5mg of Effexor capsules? Or take two? I assume I should take this FIRST THING IN MORNING (before I start to feel SNRI WD's, right?) I hear and Effexor and Tramadol are very similar. I have Prozac also, if that would be better choice for whatever reason.

Will that work? At least for 1 day, or 2 days at max??

Last edited: