• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will using on my 3rd day of withdrawal reset my withdrawals to the beginning?

johnloperamide

Bluelighter
So I posted this http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/759437-Going-to-work-during-opiate-withdrawal?highlight=pst yesteday

To summarize I was on my 3rd day of PST withdrawal after about 3 weeks of use and today I received my new seeds(I hate myself for having ordered them) and made myself some tea with about 320g

I was already starting to feel a lot better, have a nasty headache that simply refuses to go away (that is until this tea kicks in in a few min), and just restlesness and leg pain or RLS, whatever you want to call it... But basically I felt it was close to over, I had taken some old seeds yesterday, a very small dose of very very almost useless seeds that smelled nasty so I don't really count it as taking anything

So how much will this set me back, If I stop after today will I go back to day 1 of withdrawal or will I just sort of continue where I left off... If I'm not too good my Thursday that I have to work I will take 5oz, and taper off .5oz a day, I did the math and with the 5lbs I have it'll be enough.. I sort of want to use them for tapering off too cause.. If I have any left I know I'll use them but if I use them for tapering I can't abuse them... that sort of rhymed lol

I dragged myself out of bed this morning to see this girl for the last time before she moved and I feel a lot more positive, I'm like a lil proud of myself... Since I barely slept I was feeling quite bad and depressed a few hours ago and canceled on her and then thought to myself "You know what, I'm not going to let these fucking withdrawal mess with my life like this"..

After only 3 days clean you will likely be back at square one. Many of the active alkaloids in PST have a long half life so you probably didn't even completely clear out your receptors yet.

withdrawals will just take off where you left them. all you are doing is postponing the inevitable, ya know!? you will have to go through these withdrawal one way or another and since you were so close you should have taken MORE TIME OFF and hopefully able to fully kick before re-starting.

then again, I am a raging heroin addict and you are talking poppy seeds, so I am not sure if we are in the same ball park or what, but from what I know/see/hear, withdrawal is withdrawal, regardless of your drug of choice. it sucks all around and for all us.

withdrawals will just take off where you left them. all you are doing is postponing the inevitable, ya know!? you will have to go through these withdrawal one way or another and since you were so close you should have taken MORE TIME OFF and hopefully able to fully kick before re-starting.

then again, I am a raging heroin addict and you are talking poppy seeds, so I am not sure if we are in the same ball park or what, but from what I know/see/hear, withdrawal is withdrawal, regardless of your drug of choice. it sucks all around and for all us.

Yes of course I it would have been better to take more time off, but in a moment of weakness I ordered more and well I took a dose... My intentions are to taper off now if withdrawals come back and to NEVER order again.. Like I said those are my intentions... I hate what I have become already so I hope I stop.. But I'm pretty high right now so what I say now is irrelevant... This batch they sent is potent as fuck, I feel awesome...

This morning I was determined I would get the seeds in the mail and throw them down the toilet, but of course that failed

After only 3 days clean you will likely be back at square one. Many of the active alkaloids in PST have a long half life so you probably didn't even completely clear out your receptors yet.

How does my tapering off plan sound though?

I tapered off successfully, so it can work. But it takes discipline to gradually lower your dose even though you are experiencing some withdrawals. The low dose only keeps the withdrawals to a minimum, while doing a quick taper and probably shouldn't exceed one week. The mental withdrawals are still a bitch during week two.

I tapered off successfully, so it can work. But it takes discipline to gradually lower your dose even though you are experiencing some withdrawals. The low dose only keeps the withdrawals to a minimum, while doing a quick taper and probably shouldn't exceed one week. The mental withdrawals are still a bitch during week two.

thanks for the response

See the mental part this time has not been an issue, sure I failed already, But when I quit hydro I was in a world of depression, crying for no reason and so on... I have had NONE of that so far, I had to stop for 5 days a week ago or so when I ran out and survived just fine but then went on a pretty long binge which got me to this point... weirdly enough the mental part is not bothering me this time, I feel like since I already quit hydro I can stay away from this too.. this time it's the physical that's fucking killing me.. This morning I was about to saw my legs off, I could not stand that pain anymore, with hydro I had that pain and worse for like 8, 9 days

May I ask you what your tapering method was like?

When I quit hydro last time I started exercising a lot and was running like 8 miles a day, trying to produce my own endorphins, THAT is my plan again, but I was like addicted to that, a have an extremely addictive personality, I would think all day about my runs... I just have to be obsessive about everything I do, I hate that.. I always obsess with something for a while then stop and move to something else, same thing with girls like them maybe excesivelly for a while and then lose interest... Only 2 things I have not lost interest in are opiates and this one girl I talked about

Last edited:
How does my tapering off plan sound though?

Tapering with PST is a ridiculous idea in my opinion.. too much variability to be effective. I mean if you must do this then I suppose it's your only option but it's certainly not ideal.

Tapering with PST is a ridiculous idea in my opinion.. too much variability to be effective. I mean if you must do this then I suppose it's your only option but it's certainly not ideal.

I agree that each batch is different as I have experienced that first hand.. but still I feel like it should decrease the pain, I really fear the withdrawals, duh

If you have the seeds you are going to use them. You said that yourself. So I would say that your taper now becomes your best plan. Basically as we know you will use them it comes down to are you going to use them in smaller descending increments and taper off , or are you going to binge on them and run out then be in a world of hurt. So IMO tapering using your supply is the better option

For all intents and purposes once you used after those 3 days you put yourself back to square one. Unless you do not use again, get rid of your supply, and ride it out (which in a perfect world might happen but in reality the probability is near zero), you're going to be where you were to start with. So for these reasons I agree with taper. It's hard to taper ones DOC though. You may need someone to hold the rest and not give you more than X amount per day. Cause when using it's hard to stop at what makes us feel ok--we want to feel GOOD. But I wish you luck

But I must say, this gave me my laugh of the day...you're trying to quit and order more seeds. I get that. But ordering 5 lbs in that situation is hilarious. That would be like me using dope after being clean a few days and not buying a few bags, but "hey lemme get a brick (50 bags)". I mean, you said yourself you can't have it and not use it. What on earth did you think was going to happen ;)

and with the 5lbs I have ..

But I must say, this gave me my laugh of the day...you're trying to quit and order more seeds. I get that. But ordering 5 lbs in that situation is hilarious. That would be like me using dope after being clean a few days and not buying a few bags, but "hey lemme get a brick (50 bags)". I mean, you said yourself you can't have it and not use it. What on earth did you think was going to happen ;)

Hahaha well I bought them when I was on my break Sunday extremely annoyed by work and decided why the fuck not, I bought 5 lbs instead of smaller amounts with the idea of using them to taper, after 2 days of recreational use, which I'm now hoping I can make it just one, today... I actually try to cancel my order when I got home at night that day but they had already been shipped lol, stupid Amazon Prime

Also this is by far not my DOC, this is the only thing I can get which is why I'm using it... I LOVE hydro to death, that's why the mental shit last time was so damn hard and with this the mental part is nowhere near close.. I could NEVER no matter what taper with hydro, I WILL ALWAYS abuse them if I have any, with this I think there is some hope

Ime poppy seed tea withdrawals are no joke. They are worse the h withdrawal because they last forever and you are withdrawing from codeine, morphine, and dozens of other poppy alkaloids at the same time. H withdrawal is usually far more intense but the worst of it peaks after a few days whereas if you have a big poppy seed / pod habit, the withdrawals peak around day 7 and linger for weeks.

Ime poppy seed tea withdrawals are no joke. They are worse the h withdrawal because they last forever and you are withdrawing from codeine, morphine, and dozens of other poppy alkaloids at the same time. H withdrawal is usually far more intense but the worst of it peaks after a few days whereas if you have a big poppy seed / pod habit, the withdrawals peak around day 7 and linger for weeks.

I've read about people saying they last that long but then I've read a lot of other people saying in 3,4 days they are well... the latter were people like me, who hadn't been taking for that long and it such big amounts... Still I rather try and taper off cause I don't want any more of that pain

Pretty much, yeah, you're defeating the purpose of quitting.

I lold.

I've read about people saying they last that long but then I've read a lot of other people saying in 3,4 days they are well... the latter were people like me, who hadn't been taking for that long and it such big amounts... Still I rather try and taper off cause I don't want any more of that pain

I'm going to be absolutely honest with you, from what I'm reading in your posts, you are on week 4 of a run and if you don't stop now your going to be strung out as fuck, if you aren't already. I know you want to try to taper, but you have admit yourself your having a hard time doing so, so maybe just get some comfort meds and try to kick now before things get out of hand... Addiction is insidious and you'll rationalize 1 more time, or that your tapering, or your habit isn't too bad, until one day you wake up completely sick and fucked.

I don't think that any opioid use is going to bring you "back to the beginning", but I've found dosing opioids during a deliberate detox to be contraindicated, as it will inevitably prolong your withdrawal in the very least. My general rule for a "comfortable" and efficient detox is to consume any substance that makes me more comfortable (usually benzodiazepines in responsible doses, cannabis and gabapentin/pregabalin; alcohol always makes my withdrawal worse, in that I experience a brief sense of relief for say, 1 hour max, followed by my body screaming louder than it was before for hours while I metabolize the alcohol). Try to avoid opioid use of any kind at all costs. Myself and many others have noted a phenomenon in which dependency and in turn withdrawal are much easier and quicker to "activate" after having one or more previous episodes of dependency.

I'm going to be absolutely honest with you, from what I'm reading in your posts, you are on week 4 of a run and if you don't stop now your going to be strung out as fuck, if you aren't already. I know you want to try to taper, but you have admit yourself your having a hard time doing so, so maybe just get some comfort meds and try to kick now before things get out of hand... Addiction is insidious and you'll rationalize 1 more time, or that your tapering, or your habit isn't too bad, until one day you wake up completely sick and fucked.

I know very well that I have a problem... This time I feel like I can actually control myself and taper, if tomorrow I take enough to get high instead of my 5oz then I'll be super pissed but I believe I can taper down.. If I could quit hydro and can quit this I KNOW that, I just had a slip up when I ordered the seeds I have now but I'm going to succeed this time

I was having terrible withdrawal symptoms from oxycodone, and during all 4 days I just slowly decreased my dosage, I'm 15. I went from 65mg a day, to when withdrawaling on day 1 dosed to 30mg, day 2, 20mg, day 3, 10mg, day 4, 5mg, and it worked fantastic! Using smaller amounts stops the symptoms. No stomach aches, no head aches, no insomnia. All good! Just gradually decrease your dosage.

Idk, if you'll go back to the beginning of wd.. But after reafing these forums all night.. I now can confirm that taking high doses of immodium really helped with my wd's! I took 2 12 MG doses teice in 10 hours and by god it worked! I know ppl. Ate afraid of withdrawals from this and i know they're afraid of od.. Are you afraid of what you're putting in to you now? I can tell you from years of being on hydro10,morh,and oxy i quit cold turkru fot years snd it wasn't fun then..this was way worse, I've been on h for 2 months and I'm ready to be on my merry way.. I'm 24 hours in and the first 12 were awful. I'm nit a heavy user but it doesn't matter.. Wd is all the same. However if you want to survive then do as I did. About 40 MG a day will. Get you through it, I don't feel high, so I don't see how it's addictive? Idk, to each his own.. Hope this helps!